Rodent Waki Pre-order NOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for answering my question. I KNEW there was a good reason why noone here was screaming happily and showing pictures. (That is what will be happening in another week or so.)

:)

Thanks Jaxx.. yeah, forgot to mention .. once you oil up the black micarta it turns really black !!

Just sent Eric an email requesting a black with the black G-10....I'm just hoping it isn't too late
to get one on these...

Last edited:
Thanks P-easy, I corrected my original post. :)
I looked thru the pre-order thread and didnt see of the pre-order was closed as of yet, so I just sent Eric my requested specs. I'm still waiting to see if I missed the chance to get one. Seeing that final flex test on the you-tube video is what did it for me...amazing!

Yeah, I don't recall it ever officially closing. These are going to be sweet for sure!!

robstar's suggestion to switch to the black G-10 is a good one... But if you prefer micarta, just use some mineral oil on the black micarta handles to get them nice & dark. :thumbup: You will have to re-apply oil every so often, but it doesn't take long and the beauty of using the mineral oil is that if you change your mind, and want to go back to the 'grey' of untreated black canvas micarta, all you have to do is use a toothbrush or similar type brush and some warm soapy water to scrub the handles clean and it will revert to its original color once dry. :)

<snip images>

Forgive me, I'm not from 'round your parts, but...
When you guys say "mineral oil" do mean plain old motor oil?

Mineral oil means mineral oil. You get it at the grocery store or drug store.
You can also use it for occasional constipation.:eek:;)

Ok, so I'm a little late to the game, but is the pre order still open? As far as anyone knows?

Two questions; why is micarta more comfortable than G10, and does anyone know of any reason why I wouldnt want a white blade? I'm thinking black micarta on white but havent seen too many people ordering white.

Ok, so I'm a little late to the game, but is the pre order still open? As far as anyone knows?

Same here, I've been trying to contact SRKW for quite a while but was unaware there were specific instructions, which were only posted HERE apparently! so I sent my pre-order in just now, and hope it will still be processed. :(

Two questions; why is micarta more comfortable than G10, and does anyone know of any reason why I wouldnt want a white blade? I'm thinking black micarta on white but havent seen too many people ordering white.

White is sexy. Here are some color combos. ALSO, if you can see how the g10 handles have that "shine" to them. Micarta does not have a smooth, hard surface like g10; Micarta is more grippy.

I ordered the second one from the left; sage blade and green/black g10.

waki.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for trying, but I'm from a different country. We don't have drug stores, we have chemists, and as far as I know we don't have mineral oil.
Well we probably do, but like drug store we probably call it some thing else - I'm trying to work out what it might be.

From Oz are you Fireball? I've heard it called mineral oil and liquid paraffin (not to be confused with paraffin wax).

Think it's also the main ingredient of baby oil. Now the handle can look good and smell good too!

From Wikipedia, here are some other names for "mineral oil" used around the world. If you can find any of these product names at your chemist, you should have what you need.

The broad range of applications for mineral oil has resulted in an equally expansive list of application-specific names and trade brands. Other names for mineral oil include:

* Adepsine oil
* Albolene
* Cable oil
* Baby Oil
* Drakeol
* Electrical Insulating Oil
* Heat-treating oil
* Hydraulic oil
* Lignite oil
* Liquid paraffin
* Mineral Seal Oil
* Paraffin oil
* Petrolatum
* Petroleum, liquid
* White oil

From Wikipedia, here are some other names for "mineral oil" used around the world. If you can find any of these product names at your chemist, you should have what you need.

The broad range of applications for mineral oil has resulted in an equally expansive list of application-specific names and trade brands. Other names for mineral oil include:

* Adepsine oil
* Albolene
* Cable oil
* Baby Oil
* Drakeol
* Electrical Insulating Oil
* Heat-treating oil
* Hydraulic oil
* Lignite oil
* Liquid paraffin
* Mineral Seal Oil
* Paraffin oil
* Petrolatum
* Petroleum, liquid
* White oil

From Oz are you Fireball? I've heard it called mineral oil and liquid paraffin (not to be confused with paraffin wax).

Think it's also the main ingredient of baby oil. Now the handle can look good and smell good too!

Yes indeed I'm an Aussie.

Thanks TH and MM.

When my Waki arrives I might give the Red and Black handle a going over with this "mineral oil" and see what it does.
I'd like to see that darkened a bit and that combo looks to me (in the photos) like dark leather, and I reckon darker might be even nicer.

I used petroleum jelly on the snakeskin micarta of my FBM and that bought out some of the colours really nicely.

All these little trick are quite handy to know.

Set the Alarm at 9:30 AM so I could wait for Santa to show up. Well I go outside to check the mailbox just to make sure that for some silly reason he didnt come any earlier than usual, and wouldnt ya know, there is the little pink slip saying sorry we missed you :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I literally put my fists in the air and yelled WHYYYYY!!!!!!

In a fit of rage, I got in my car and drove 1/2 mile to a near by neighborhood where I once had a similar experience (for a sebbie) and found him. Once again I was fortunate to locate him, now I no longer have to anticipate these!!!!

IMG_8257.jpg

IMG_8259.jpg

Thanks for the sweet blades swamp rat, oh and nice packaging!!!

LOL

I chased the mailman a few blocks on foot for a Brend MT Nemesis and Emerson Super Raven before... It was worth the huffin n puffin.

Those beauties were worth the chase. I admit that I have done the same thing a couple of times! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back