Rodent Waki Pre-order NOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm extremely interested in the Rodent Waki and pretty darn excited, too. However, I want to cool off some and think about this more before deciding to place an order. Any idea how much longer the pre-order will be available? :confused:

Yeah, I'd like to know too. And will they still be available after pre-order or is this a one shot kinda deal? I have a feeling not many of these will be popping up on the exchange.... :)

two weeks ;) :D :D :D

No seriously, none of us have any idea. Eric will PROBABLY announce that the preorder is closing soon before he actually closes it.

If you miss out, I might be able to sell you my extra, for a "reasonable" price
670_purple_devil_face.gif

Heck, my wife asked which knives I would sell to buy this "Zombie" slayer. :eek: Yeah, she likes Zombie movies which is probably the only reason she's not busting on me about considering this blade.

Outside use as a machete, I can't really say that I "need" this one. And that would make a very pricy machete at that! But I sure to "want" it and you never know when the Zombies will be attacking. ;)

Is the Micarta really more comfortable in general? I've never had anything in G10, but if there isn't that much of a difference between G10 and Micarta in comfort, I might drop the extra money for the black and red G10...

G10 feels "harder" than micarta - canvas and linen micarta are a little bit porous, and can absorb a bit of moisture or oils from your hands, while g10 is pretty smooth. Due to that, micarta, at least to me, feels slightly grippier in hand.

That said, with the way the texturing is done on the waki handle, I feel very little difference between the micarta and g10 when I hold both.

Ordered!!!

Black and BCM.

Just couldn't resist. I think I'll be losing weight over the next couple of months.... :D

ETA: But it will be worth it, it's my first Busse Kin. :D

Last edited:
I went with the micarta at first, rksoon.... then I decided I wanted some G10 too.

Let's see how well you resist the temptation to add that red/black to your order....

You know you want to ;)

I knew you wouldnt be able to resist for long. You are gonna love it.

I know, fail :eek::D. Just too good to pass up. Looks like no more gear and knives for me for the rest of the year....:)

Let's see how well you resist the temptation to add that red/black to your order....

You know you want to ;)

I do. And $50 more on top of 400ish really isn't that much more....:D That red and black would make it look so beastly....

Ordered!!!

Black and BCM.

Just couldn't resist. I think I'll be losing weight over the next couple of months.... :D

ETA: But it will be worth it, it's my first Busse Kin. :D

We ordered the same color combo:thumbup:. I originally ordered the Black and Black/Red G-10 but had to downgrade to save some dough. And though I like the looks of the Red/Black G-10 more, I do think the micarta will feel that much better after extended use of the Waki.

We ordered the same color combo:thumbup:. I originally ordered the Black and Black/Red G-10 but had to downgrade to save some dough. And though I like the looks of the Red/Black G-10 more, I do think the micarta will feel that much better after extended use of the Waki.

I believe we went through the exact same thought process :D :thumbup:. I started out with the BCM, then later this evening, I thought "hell, if I'm going to buy a sword, I might as well spend a little extra to get the most beastly looking sword." So I sent an email asking to change my handle to Red and Black G10. But less than an hour later, I had second (third?:eek:) thoughts and switched back to BCM for the feel, with the added benefit of it costing less.

Sorry, Eric, for any hassle!

Said before and will say it till I die, GIVE ME G-10!!!
Way more gripper to me than Micarta. At first there seems to be a cooling affect and slick, but hold it for a minute and see the change. It become part of you so to speak. I can hold just about any G-10 through a full swing better than Micarta.

Just paid for mine last night!

Said before and will say it till I die, GIVE ME G-10!!!
Way more gripper to me than Micarta. At first there seems to be a cooling affect and slick, but hold it for a minute and see the change. It become part of you so to speak. I can hold just about any G-10 through a full swing better than Micarta.

Argh, RussMo, you're not making it any easier!:mad::p I slept on it and am starting to gravitate back towards the G10. My problem is that I've never handled G10, so I'm not sure if I want to take a risk having it for the first time on a blade this expensive....

Argh, RussMo, you're not making it any easier!:mad::p I slept on it and am starting to gravitate back towards the G10. My problem is that I've never handled G10, so I'm not sure if I want to take a risk having it for the first time on a blade this expensive....

I don't know if this will help Russel, but the only reason I didn't go for the Red/Black G-10 is because the extra $50 was something I just couldn't spend. If you got the dough, you should go for it. There are plenty of guys who have their Wakis in G-10 and I haven't read any complaints yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back