• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad RONINUSMC stole my money. Beware!

I sent money as F&F.
Not for saving, it was just easier with a smartphone.

Earlier you told everyone that the seller had requested that you use F&F. Now you're saying that it was for your convenience.

Have you filed a claim with PayPal?

Everything about this deal stinks.

Had he followed the advice that the Forum gives everyone, and had he followed PayPal's guidelines, he could file a complaint with PayPal, get his money back.
He's not the only one to use F&F despite the warnings, don't act like he deserves to be scammed because of it.

The seller is a skunk, no doubt.
Glad to see you finally realized that.

At this point it's just a knife deal gone wrong.
It's more than knife deal gone wrong.

He's not the only one to use F&F despite the warnings, don't act like he deserves to be scammed because of it.

Glad to see you finally realized that.

It's more than knife deal gone wrong.

Look, I'm just suggesting that we be a little calm about this. You've got people suggesting things that could end in trouble.

The OP claims that he bought a knife, that the deal went wrong. We haven't heard from the seller, that's indicative, sure, but it doesn't mean he's hiding anything. The OP is changing his story from one page to the next, and apparently hasn't done the obvious thing; file a claim with PayPal. I have no idea what the banking laws in eastern Europe are, but he could have some kind of relief through his bank.

I never said that the OP was the first to do anything. I never said or implied that he deserved anything. I simply pointed out the obvious: Had he followed the rules, he would probably have more recourse than he does now.

I've seen nothing to indicate that this is more than a knife deal gone wrong.

We don't have any facts. All we have is one side of a story, and that story changes and gets more convoluted every time it's told.

I 'realized' the seller was a skunk long ago. I'm sure that you were making some kind of point that I'm just too dense to understand. A Moderator wouldn't just throw around insults rather than answer a point rationally.

But, hey! Just my opinion. It's obvious that you've got this thing under control, so I'll get out of the way and let you solve this problem.

Earlier you told everyone that the seller had requested that you use F&F. Now you're saying that it was for your convenience.

Have you filed a claim with PayPal?

Everything about this deal stinks.
I did not write that the seller forced me to use F&F. I wrote that he provided a choice, and I chose F&F as more convenient at that moment, I understand that this is my mistake.
I called in the regional center of PP, and they told me that the transaction is not covered.

So is it established or speculated that RoninUSMC is in fact Evan Hamilton in the Dallas, TX area, UPS supervisor and member of Dallas First Baptist Church, and still active as such in FaceBook?

The seller sounds like a real liar and thief so his other aliases and true identity would be helpful if factually known. Maybe if this information is clearly stated in one place more buyers will be aware and perhaps some friend of his will confront him to be more honorable.

Not that there's any indication the buyer would here, but I gotta agree with cautioning against the "send someone to talk to them" thing. That gets tossed around in these threads, but it is a monumentally stupid idea. If anything, ANYTHING, went bad in that scenario, and someone got hurt, nasty phrases like "conspiracy to commit" start getting tossed around, and things can go really South then.

Not that we in the US make it easy for the foreign buyers(many won't sell or have restrictions), but they(foreign buyer) need to be extra careful with whom they deal. It seems some of the sellers(very small) like to rip them off. Something in their minds says that is OK-maybe they lost on some international deal (or maybe they are just easy prey) and feel they have a right to retaliate against some innocent person, but this is not the 1st case I have seen where the seller had a good reputation and flat out ripped off a foreign buyer

So is it established or speculated that RoninUSMC is in fact Evan Hamilton in the Dallas, TX area, UPS supervisor and member of Dallas First Baptist Church, and still active as such in FaceBook?

The seller sounds like a real liar and thief so his other aliases and true identity would be helpful if factually known. Maybe if this information is clearly stated in one place more buyers will be aware and perhaps some friend of his will confront him to be more honorable.

I was able to confirm through matching of email addresses and posted pics.

Not that we in the US make it easy for the foreign buyers(many won't sell or have restrictions), but they(foreign buyer) need to be extra careful with whom they deal. It seems some of the sellers(very small) like to rip them off. Something in their minds says that is OK-maybe they lost on some international deal (or maybe they are just easy prey) and feel they have a right to retaliate against some innocent person, but this is not the 1st case I have seen where the seller had a good reputation and flat out ripped off a foreign buyer
Perhaps this ronin person didn’t intend to be a thief, but for some reason got offended and angry, and is unwilling to communicate about it. A communications breakdown or blunder may be the basis for his behavior, although it’s not a good reason to take someone’s money, and create a bad reputation for yourself.

Perhaps this ronin person didn’t intend to be a thief, but for some reason got offended and angry, and is unwilling to communicate about it. A communications breakdown or blunder may be the basis for his behavior, although it’s not a good reason to take someone’s money, and create a bad reputation for yourself.

I doubt it.
He never canceled the deal or refunded the money
never sent tracking
never responded to this thread in any way
Did place the knife for sale elsewhere

Hey everyone

I am NOT very active on Bf here so I doubt anyone would know me.

I go by Kahless Johnson on FB and kahless756 on USN and IG

Evan David Hamilton (RoninUSMC) is confirmed to be the same

He had a Emerson Kack for sale on The Emerson Knife owners group back in July where I am a Mod. I actually bought from him A few years back successfully.

I have contacted him today to see if he would respond and share his side.

He has not responded to me and I will boot him from our group soon if the other mods on our group agree.

He was active two days ago on USN

Is there a chance he had a family emergency or something drastic happen? It’s unknown but this deal was a month ago? Seems strange.

If anyone wants to contact me I won’t be back here much to check just rexsumego@hotmail.com

Thanks

Hey everyone

I am NOT very active on Bf here so I doubt anyone would know me.

I go by Kahless Johnson on FB and kahless756 on USN and IG

Evan David Hamilton (RoninUSMC) is confirmed to be the same

He had a Emerson Kack for sale on The Emerson Knife owners group back in July where I am a Mod. I actually bought from him A few years back successfully.

I have contacted him today to see if he would respond and share his side.

He has not responded to me and I will boot him from our group soon if the other mods on our group agree.

He was active two days ago on USN

Is there a chance he had a family emergency or something drastic happen? It’s unknown but this deal was a month ago? Seems strange.

If anyone wants to contact me I won’t be back here much to check just rexsumego@hotmail.com

Thanks
Many thanks!

A word about amateur action: I had a co worker who got creative against someone who had wronged him.. It was a clever ploy that earned him a visit from the FBI and a pink slip.

Yup. Real life isn't a movie. That macho stuff sounds cool maybe but usually it just puts you from being in the right in a situation like this to being in the wrong.

Yup. Real life isn't a movie. That macho stuff sounds cool maybe but usually it just puts you from being in the right in a situation like this to being in the wrong.

Or you could screw with someone who has more skills than you and wind up getting f-ed. Dave Chapelle had a neat skit about "keeping it real" and it all goes down hill from the first justified retaliatory action.

Last edited:
I saw the Kack up for sale in an Armslist post a couple weeks ago (thanks to Boru13 for posting the link) and flagged it as a scam. Today I got an email from Armslist advising that the sales post was flagged by others as a scam as well and has been removed. It doesn't help the OP, but hopefully it saved someone else from being scammed.

Just a question about online sales forums since some of these BAD posts are about sellers that had multiple positive feedback here and/or other sites. Could these thieves be creating multiple online identities and surreptitiously giving themselves positive feedback to build up credibility? Maybe they sell a real knife or two but most of their feedback could be fake?

Pretty brazen of RoninUSMC/Evan Hamilton of Dallas area to try selling the same knife on multiple sites after ripping off a member buyer here.

Just a question about online sales forums since some of these BAD posts are about sellers that had multiple positive feedback here and/or other sites. Could these thieves be creating multiple online identities and surreptitiously giving themselves positive feedback to build up credibility? Maybe they sell a real knife or two but most of their feedback could be fake?

Pretty brazen of RoninUSMC/Evan Hamilton of Dallas area to try selling the same knife on multiple sites after ripping off a member buyer here.

We've seen that happen. It's easier on facebook where a sale doesn't even have to take place for someone to vouch for someone else. A few month back I found a guy who'd created one account to offer knives he didn't have in trade, and another account to 'vouch' for the first account.

It's possible, but doubtful that it happens here often. It'd be fairly easy for a few but it would take quite an extensive effort to go through the process of giving yourself even a dozen or so positive feedback and make it look legit. Many people here look into feedback beyond just the score. We look and see who left it, how many they themselves have, and how many the person has left for others. A little circle of the same profiles trading with each other or a bunch of one hit wonders only dealing with the same person would bring up a red flag. Plus they'd have to go through the trouble of creating the sales threads for each transaction. People here also look at post history. I would think that a scammer would take a much easier route than to go through all that for just one score of Bladeforums.

The higher post count offenders likely do above board deals to build up a rep and then pick the opportune time and mark. With the way the forums are run, you really only get the one chance and then you're done. With that said, they do occasionally come back for round two but it generally doesn't go well.

Back