Rumor of happenings between Ontario and RAT Cutlery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SKETCHBAG. DANTOR has said the very same about Justin and Ranger. I am looking forward to finally being able to get a high quality knife from a manufacturer with very high customer satisfaction. Not to mention the serious loyalty expressed here and on other forums. I'm looking forward to dealing Justin and his company. I'm glad I've taken so long in deciding what to buy. I know I'll get the quality product that I was looking for and the way I'd like it. That was one of the reasons I've searched so long.

But this thread is really about Ontario and RAT Cutlery. I might have bought that RAT-7 too. Like everyone here, I'm not happy about the way Ontario is trying to do business. Ontario's president, Nick Whatever, hopefully will take note. I'm just one sale lost, but there'll be many others as well. That's too bad for them. There's a lot more to business than just profits. As a good American consumer, I'll buy still buy two...one from Justin at Ranger now and one from RAT Cutlery in the future.

Thanks again for your advice....

EEE, didn't mean to sound like I was twisting your post. I was agreeing with you on purchasing a knife from Justin.

That's OK R.A.T. As I said, I've never felt compelled to post anything before. But this business upset me enough to finally make one. Small companies are the very backbone of America.

The only products from Ontario that ever interested me was their RAT line. RC will be offering, IMHO, an upgraded version of what interested me in the first place. I would have thought that Ontario would have offered regret at the parting and wished RC the best of luck. Pity that that didn't happen.

I find it more than a little interesting that no one has offered a word in defense of Ontario and its President Nick. Guess it's hard to defend the indefensible. That said, still beware the law, it was written by lawyers, for lawyers and not necessarily for justice. That's a very sad thing that has to be said about our country these days. Endeavor to persevere through this.

Best of luck to RAT CUTLERY.

I emailed ontario today indicating my displeasure and letting them know that as a sign of my support I would be purchasing RAT Cutlery products and no Ontario products until they reconsider their position on the matter.

So, today I bought a RC-3P(M), an extra foliage green sheath, RAT Tek-Lok, and a MOLLE Lock for the RC-3!

Viva RAT Cutlery!

Has this been posted in the Ontario/RAT forum at Knifeforums.com?

I posted ...

I don't post here often, but I thought this would be useful information for this forum. Ontario is threatening to sue RAT Cutlery for using the RAT name and designs. I don't want to post an off-site link here, as I don't know if that is allowed, but this is being discussed on RAT Cutlery's forum.
... about two hours ago. The post has now vanished into thin air. Oh well.

I was really hoping to buy an RTAK II - that is now out. Does anyone know when RAT will be selling their improved version of this knife?

Here's another angle. I just emailed Jeff with the idea of contacting Ethan Becker who is going into business with Ontario to produce his designs. If I was going into business with a company, this type of thing would definetly give me second thoughts.

Here's another angle. I just emailed Jeff with the idea of contacting Ethan Becker who is going into business with Ontario to produce his designs. If I was going into business with a company, this type of thing would definetly give me second thoughts.

I think Ethan is having KaBar make the new Becker line, unless this has changed.

What I really need right now is someone who can offer me some legal advice. Being the southern redneck that I am, I just take people on the word and a handshake and never get attorneys involved. That's stupid on my part. The sad part is Ontario will continue to use our name, logo, likeness and the whole nine yards on the Ontario RAT line while they're suing us. If I wasn't so damn mad I would be laughing at this whole mess because I couldn't dream up stuff so twisted.

I lost over $150k fighting a company I worked for for my commission when the company was sold overseas. Legally i can't go into particulars but it was a milcontractor. I got hosed Mike & Jeff, and I had all the documents in my favor, just that the lawwwayyers ate all my savings and by that time the principals had left the Country and now I doubt I will ever see any of my money back:thumbdn:

Point is, even WITH lawyers you are going to take a hosing, been there got screwed:mad: One of my lawyers used to try and lighten me up a bit before we got down to talking, and he would make jokes like, "What do you call ten thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean:confused:", A GOOD START!:eek: from a LAWYER'S mouth no less:eek:

Cheap counsel will be just that, expensive counsel will be that and more, you may even survive:eek:

You guys are nuts. Observing how businesses are really run is like the old saying about seeing sausage being made. It's the sort of thing most folks are well enough to remain ignorant.

The kind of self righteous declarations here are like the preaching of the new vegan after seeing where meat comes from.

You guys are nuts. Observing how businesses are really run is like the old saying about seeing sausage being made. It's the sort of thing most folks are well enough to remain ignorant.

The kind of self righteous declarations here are like the preaching of the new vegan after seeing where meat comes from.

What would you rather have us do to support our favorite company?

Hey there.

No lawyer, but if you have documents with the use of your RAT name and logo prior to your relationship with Ontario, you should get a intellectual products lawyer. If you can show that you had a pre-existing identity prior to your relationship or better yet.. before they created anything with the same use of the term, then there is not a whole lot they can do I don't believe.

Look for a ProBono lawyer who specialized in intellectual property and get a referral to lawyers who handle counter suits. Offer them a HUGE percent of anything they can make if you can successfully defend the suit and then counter sue for any loss of productivity/income/sales.

They might even be able to add on the ubiquitous 'pain and suffering' and 'mental anguish'. Throw in some medical ailments due to stress with an appropriate doctors diagnosis and you can add on the medical bills and trauma until the situation has passed and you are able to resume a 'normal life'.

Friend, the above post is the reason you're not a lawyer:rolleyes: You have'nt a clue about what you are posting here. If any of it were true I'd have all the money I was due and not have gone bankrupt:grumpy: It's a long hard road doing the justice system tango, and no one but lawyers make money, no offense Boats.

So what are we suppose to do say "Well your fcked Jeff nice knowing ya". My guess is Ontario is thinking like Camillus did when they didnt pay Ethan Becker or Jerry Fisk royalties "Whats he gonna do sue us we got more money and lawyers than he does". Most corperations are ran by people that think they are to big to get hurt and until you make them hurt they will try to run over anybody they think they can. Personally I think this may be a case of the carrot or the big stick they will offer Jeff an out like quit making knives and come back designing for us and will call the whole thing off or else we will ruin you. It will be interesting to see what the papers that they are sending Jeff say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back