Saddleback Leather: Wallets

My new medium bifold showed up last night. The leather is much thinner than the leather of the old one that was breaking cards... the wallet as a whole is much more flexible. Fully loaded it is about as thick as the old one with nothing in it.

Are the credit card slots constructed of thinner leather?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the credit card slots constructed of thinner leather?

Yes. Every piece of leather is thinner... about half as thick as the leather on the first one.

It doesn't have the same heavy feel that the first had, which felt like it could be used as a billy club if needed. It's thinner, softer, and more flexible. It's definitely not going to take as long to break in (infact after just one day of carrying it it's nearly as formed as the first was after six months). Hopefully that's not a sign that the durability will be an issue.

But if it is... that's what the 100 year warranty is for. :)

Skrap,

Any chance you can post pictures of both? I may have an older one, it's really thick and has broken a card. Thanks

If I get the chance this weekend, I will.

I would say if your wallet is breaking cards you should contact them. They knew exactly what type of wallet I had purchased, so I'm guessing that they know based on order date whether or not you have the new version.

I just used the contact email link on the website.

Just ordered the large bi-fold in dark tobacco brown. Can't wait to get it.

My wife gave me the large bi-fold for Christmas (in Walnut I think). Really thick leather, I don't think this thing will ever wear out. I really like it and I'm looking at some point getting either a laptop/briefcase or an overnight duffel bag (both if my wife would let me, but she prefers that I spend it on taking vacations).

I just received my medium bi fold, but i'm surprised that no one seems to worry about cards and whatnot falling out. I've always used a tri fold, and the design keeps cards from falling out... this bi fold has me really concerned....might have to go order a large i guess:)

thoughts?

I just received my medium bi fold, but i'm surprised that no one seems to worry about cards and whatnot falling out. I've always used a tri fold, and the design keeps cards from falling out... this bi fold has me really concerned....might have to go order a large i guess:)

thoughts?

I've been carrying the same bifold for nearly two decades now (not a SBL bifold -- can't remember who made it, got it at some outlets a long time ago), and I've never had a single problem with cards falling out.

I keep looking at my old wallet, wondering if its time to replace it with a SBL wallet. But, honestly, it's still going strong. I guess it's fraying around the edges here and there but it otherwise is just plain old nicely broken in. :D

Looking through here has convinced me to order a black medium bifold in the very near future. Man this website has been costing me money!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY SADDLEBACK LEATHER WALLET. I bought one for my dad too. This thing is just singing with quality. I absolutely love it so much!! Great products at a reasonable price (considering how long they last)

Hay peeps, long time lurker first time poster, thought i'd share a picture of the saddleback goods along with some other edc items :)

edc1.jpg

Well, lookin' over this thread last night, I decided to retire my BMF wallet & ordered a Medium bifold in coffee. Got Home from work & donated to the JDRF, & now I've got a SBL bracelet to match en route too. If they're as robust as they claim, I'll order a belt to match.

Bowman 1911.....

You may not know it but your gonna be addicted to SBL. Outstanding quality, great people, and awesome customer
service. I have a medium bifold wallet, small wallet and just received their notepad holder. Outstanding stuff!!!

My large tobacco brown bi-fold is the best wallet I've ever owned and it's not close.

003.jpg

My large tobacco brown bi-fold is the best wallet I've ever owned and it's not close.

003.jpg

I am liking the tobacco I bet it looks better and better the more it gets used.

I cant make up my mind between the Large and medium bi-fold. I carry in my back pocket, do you think I would notice the large over the medium? I have a cheap tri-fold that I have had for about 5 years and its breaking down pretty bad. The corners have pretty much warn away and the crease is splitting. Its about 1" thick with all my cards. Its pretty small for being so think and my backside gets a little sore in a long car ride and from work. I was thinking a larger wallet would spread out the contact point.

I am a Union Ironworker. I am climbing and sliding my butt along I-beams etc. etc. During summer my wallet gets pretty soaked, I live in Las Vegas when its 115 degrees out I have been known to sit on my wallet to keep from burning my back side. Maybe SBL should pay me to torture test their wallets lol. So what do you guys think Large or medium?

Hey Nevada, I have tried both over the past year or so and have found that the large bifold folds thinner with the same stuff in it compared to the medium. It spreads the contents out within the wallet and the wallet itself fills much more area in the back pocket, but it definitely isn't like sitting on a brick like I thought it would be. Try both out and whatever one you don't like pass along to a friend. ( I ended up giving my father the medium bifold and he loves it-doesn't care that it was slightly used.) BTW, the larger one is easier to sit on and would probably be appreciated when sitting on those beams.

Matt

Back