Schatt & Morgan Heritage Series

I hear these are out now.

Does anybody have on in the hand, how are they?

Thanks, W

The two blades came out a week or so ago; the single blades are due out in the next week or two.

How large are the blades on these models? I am curious about all 3 models.
Thanks.

The glossy on page 3 of this thread should show up on your monitor actual sized. Otherwise, I can tell you when I get the complement in hand.

All I have are some pics because as I'm out of town for about a month. Asked my contact to take some pics for us to get a better idea.

5729711398_4e44382930.jpg

5729711602_b317bece6e.jpg

Nice dark colour to that Ebony, nail nick looks a little shallow so I hope the pull isn't too strong.

Thanks for the pix, eagerly looking forward to other models and peoples' comments.

Willgoy, what do you see that indicates a shallow nail nick ? I'd like to learn how to asses this in pics.
roland

Oh! That is nicer even than I expected.

The hunt is on seriously now :)

I hope it is just the angle of the picture, but that nail nick looks poorly placed!
I have a complete set on order, and I am worried!!

Poorly placed because the distal end of the nick on the Master blade appears to go right to the swage ? Wouldn't a pic of blades closed also be helpful to assess nick placement ?
roland

The swedge and nail nick on that master blade looks exactly like the catalog page as far as I can tell. - Ed J

What we need to assess nick placement Roland, and a lot of other things, is a picture or scan taken from 90 degrees, or, a "flat on" view. That's the proper way to transmit the most accurate information.

I just ordered those Catalog repros. Can't wait!!
It would be interesting to see them do the Harness Jack page!! Here's one from 1911. It's page 21 in that catalog.
schattcatalog1911p21-1.jpg

I just sent a nice example of a model/pattern no. 4147 toward Queen, so they will have a pristine example of Schatt's patent punch!! Let's hope they can do it!!

Good point Ed. I still think I would have used a little artistic license, and allowed a space/break for the drawn swedge.

My order should be here in 2 days... IF there's nobody that has one? I'll
take some pic's from different angles and let you guys know... Or try to
anyway...lol. But from this pic doesn't look to good???

Jason

I guess the jury is out, Jason. I certainly hand it to Queen, if they are reproducing them EXACTLY. I'd especially like to see them do that Schatt Punch!!
I just think they should remember the catalog has artist's drawings, not photographs.

Back