Scrap Yard 511 (SYKCO 511) - did you get one?

wow, after seeing that pic of it stripped, I am even more excited! SWEET! thanks for the link dude
No problem man! I hope the handle isn't too small because I have pretty big hands. And Tomorrow I am going to get etchant and bluer I will test it out on my Zombie Killer knife first.

I think the handle is pretty small. Because of the curves at both ends it's slightly smaller than the ESEE-4 grip, but I think it's more comfortable. I wish they would have made it 1/2 inch longer, though.

Thrill nailed it for me. My hand just fits. Will make a nice option where weight is a concern. Mine will probably reside in a bugout bag.

Got my notice today too! Can hardly wait. This will be my second Bussekin. Got a Mud Puppy earlier in the week for my daughter. This one is mine!

Just got tapped, knife inbound!

I'm excited, my first from the Yard though the model and steel-choice make it seem like it's from the Swamp, my first Res-C knife. I still really want a Solution to go with my HRLM and RMD, but the price was low enough on this that the Solution will have to wait. I suspect that this 511 will end up a either gift or resell (so I have an excuse to spend more on the Solution), but we'll see how well it handles.

I also got one of the Yard's canvas sheaths with the hope that it'll fit well... if not, anyone looking to get a balistic nylon/canvas/whatever sheath for a 5-6" knife-blade? ;)

Mine arrived last week - Yous almost had me pysched out about the small grip, but its not too bad for my hands - just about the same size as an F1 grip, but certainly not a full hand like the ESEEs and Beckers. If the blade was any bigger, i'd want a more full-hand feel to it, so im hoping they'll make the handle (do you say scales when its molded rubber?) larger when/if they make 611, 711, 911s.

My first busse-kin! I cant wait to put this through its paces and see if this SR101 + heat treat is as awesome as everyone says it is. I'll beat it up this weekend and may then have to graduate to INFI - I really thought I was done buying knives a few months ago - nope

SYKCO 511 arrived yesterday, was waiting for me when I returned from work.
The blade coating is beautiful, and I love the feel of the Res C (this is the first time I've handled it). Balance-point is just ahead of the handle in the choil region. The knife practically screams "quality".
...but I wish that handle were either longer or the War Dog style with no pommel beak/spur/whatever, as it definitely restricts the hand (and mine aren't that big, size 7.5 in surgical gloves), similar to the Buck 105 Pathfinder. Definitely not a knife I'd go for when wearing gloves, perhaps more suited to the average woman's hands or smaller individuals in general?

But maybe I'm just spoiled by how perfect the RMD feels in hand, gloves or not.

SO if you happen to have smaller hands or found the RMD handle too large, this may be the perfect knife for you! If only my wife were into knives...

As others, my 511 also did not arrive shaving-sharp but neither did my RMD which, to me, simply forces the user to get to know their new blade a bit through a quick sharpening session, fashioning the edge to their own ideal.

Oh, and I got the SY canvas sheath with the hope that it might fit - definitely a foolish move. Now to decide whether to modify the sheath to fit or return/resell it to fund something more appropriate. The modification: cut & form the plastic insert and fold down the handle section of the sheath to get a nice canvas pouch-sheath with an accessory pouch!! ;)

Got mine this week allso. Glad I held out on ordering more. Nice knife and all, but too small of handle for me personally. Will sharpen her up and save it for the wife and give to the granddaughter some day, along with her Cupidvore.:p

got mine a few days back, I LOVE it. Handle is perfect for me. Been takin it everywhere I go since I got it. Stripped her, and got the chief to sharpen her up for me, ITS A CUTTER

This was taken Before being sharpened
IMG_8341.jpg

IMG_8345.jpg

IMG_8344.jpg

The chief has bigger mits then me and he gave it the golden seal of approval, even bought one of my extras off of me after handling it :)
IMG_8346.jpg

I was in the second shipment. I am very happy with this knife. I am new to the Busskin knives but I have 4. I did get in on the 911 order. I am fighting the urge to get the RMD. No I will order one after I post this. My poor credit card.

I tried for a sterile one in the ganzaa the other night. (Fingerscrossed)
This really looks like a perfect mid sized blade. Does anyone have a pic of one next to a camp tramp?

thanks,
jody

I picked up a sterile mil overrun 511 in the ganzaa, I cant wait for it to get here! Come on 3-8 weeks!!!!!

It looks to me like the mil overruns have a different choil than the standard black ones..

I picked up a sterile mil overrun 511 in the ganzaa, I cant wait for it to get here! Come on 3-8 weeks!!!!!
I got my sterile 511 too, among other things : o)
i tell ya there were some amazing offerings at great prices. That rmd variant is a frickin steal!!!
It looks to me like the mil overruns have a different choil than the standard black ones..
omg 3-8 weeks is gonna take forever! It may be me but i think the choil is shallower on the sterile one.

Back