• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Seller beware - Extrabaconplease - Luke Oudy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenR.T.

Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Extrabaconplease (Luke Oudy) purchased a knife from me (he received it on Sep 20th) and has since decided I was obligated to buy it back because he desperately needs the money (even though he has made purchases on here as recent as yesterday). Because I said I couldn't buy back at this time, he has filed a false claim in Paypal saying "The knife has stains on it. I would like to return the knife for a full refund please."

This is not true and he has in fact been trying to sell the knife in several threads hear on BF.
Since he filed the Paypal claim he has gone back and tried to delete the threads, but they are still saved in the Moderators Back end forum.

I have sent all of our DM correspondence and sales threads to Paypal. I fully expect them to rule in my favor. But this is just a warning to those who may be selling to him in the future.

Extrabaconplease (Luke Oudy) purchased a knife from me (he received it on Sep 20th) and has since decided I was obligated to buy it back because he desperately needs the money (even though he has made purchases on here as recent as yesterday). Because I said I couldn't buy back at this time, he has filed a false claim in Paypal saying "The knife has stains on it. I would like to return the knife for a full refund please."

This is not true and he has in fact been trying to sell the knife in several threads hear on BF.
Since he filed the Paypal claim he has gone back and tried to delete the threads, but they are still saved in the Moderators Back end forum.

I have sent all of our DM correspondence and sales threads to Paypal. I fully expect them to rule in my favor. But this is just a warning to those who may be selling to him in the future.

Well, that's interesting to hear. He's been pinging the radar of some veteran members here lately too with some ridiculous sales threads, one that he admitted openly was a pure troll, so it was immediately shut down or deleted (I don't recall which) by the mods.

Isn't he located in Australia?

Well, that's interesting to hear. He's been pinging the radar of some veteran members here lately too with some ridiculous sales threads, one that he admitted openly was a pure troll, so it was immediately shut down or deleted (I don't recall which) by the mods.

Isn't he located in Australia?
Yes this^. He made my radar a while ago. I wouldn't deal with him. This is just more confirmation of that choice.

Op, I hope paypal comes through for you. Keep us posted. @ExtraBaconPlease what do you have to say about this?

Sooooo many expletives could be used to describe his behavior towards you Ben. Sorry you are having to deal with this crazy situation. Sure hope PayPal comes through for you.

Hope you get this resolved in your favor Ben, your work and reputation is impeccable. This guy not so much.

Interesting, I've seen his posts trying to sell it (vorpal) or trade it for a cpk. What a coincidence this same individual was screwing around with the for sale forum a few weeks ago. I suspect his outrageous price wasn't a joke and he changed his tune when he caught flack from some of the people here.

Great that Boru13 was able to post Extrabaconplease's deleted sales thread. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's interesting that Extrabaconplease didn't state "The knife has stains on it" in his attempted sales thread.

He really has dug his own hole with this one.

Good luck Ben... It's sad to read about this.

Last edited:
Yes this^. He made my radar a while ago. I wouldn't deal with him. This is just more confirmation of that choice.

Op, I hope paypal comes through for you. Keep us posted. @ExtraBaconPlease what do you have to say about this?

If the past thread was any sign, he'll probably say he was drunk, insult everyone in the thread, and then make nice and sail off with 100% feedback.

Well I sure hope PayPal actually spends the time to get it right. Hate to see anyone go through any of this. Hopefully you end up with the right outcome Ben.

I saw his sales thread (with no mention of any staining on the blade) and was very tempted to obtain a great looking blade from Ben T at a reduced price, but passed because of his location, sure glad I did. Ben's work is perfection in every way. I am very sorry to hear that Luke has chosen this path to get what he "wants" at Ben's expense. This hobby is supposed to be fun. Hopefully PP will do the right thing on this transaction.

I'm not as familiar with his selling threads but for someone carrying on that way ... and now trying to pull some shadey bs with a maker using PayPal to try to slip one over ... I sure have seen alot of posts where he's wanting to buy something ... and not inexpensive knives like he has lots of disposable income ... guess by now that shouldn't surprise me at all ... but it still makes me shake my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back