• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shameless flippers

I know this has been pointed out, but I want to reiterate that I don't think you can call someone a flipper by the price of an individual sale, no matter how much more than the original price. It's gotta be based on repeated sales at flipping prices of BNIB knives.

I sold a gold class ti/m4 BM 940 awhile back. It was carried some, sharpened, and customized, and I listed it in the $300s IIRC, maybe somehwere in like $250-325. That was more than I paid originally (I miss the stacking NRALOD and military discounts!). It got snapped up fast. Not soon after it sold, I got PMs from multiple people saying the buyer had it listed on eBay for a lot more.

If I had been the price gouger and listed it as high as the guy flipping it had, it'd probably look like I was a flipper myself. OTOH, knowing what happened, would anyone blame me for listing it a higher price? In a sense, selling it at or near what the market will pay is what actually prevents a flipper from buying it. Either me, non flipper guy just trying to sell a knife he doesn't like gets the difference, or a flipper does.

Take a general example of that. I have some knife, maybe BNIB or LNIB, that I decide to sell. Let's say it's one of those red Shamans. I paid $217. It was my first Shaman and decide I don't like something about it. Through magic, I know people are willing to pay up to $400. Do I list it at $400? Does that make me a flipper? If I list it at $300, which is still a nice profit, there's incentive for a flipper to jump on it , mark it up, and sell it again.

If I'm doing that every sprint/le release, then yeah, it's time to upgrade memberships.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

If you want something special, sometimes you have to pay a special price -- especially if you miss out on the opportunity to grab it at the initial offering. If someone is selling an item for a price more than what they paid for it, who cares? They took a risk, they reap the reward.

Yet another scumbag who's only reason for being here is finding a ready supply of new marks. Yep, no surprise there.

Hey Quiet,

I would really think you ask questions before calling people such names. I sold a knife for a $30 profit and people are taking offense. I was never trying to stir the pot and was attacked over a simple mistype. In the end, I do understand everyone is entitled to their viewpoint.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hey Quiet,

I would really think you ask questions before calling people such names. I sold a knife for a $30 profit and people are taking offense. I was never trying to stir the pot and was attacked over a simple mistype. In the end, I do understand everyone is entitled to their viewpoint.

Thank you

Hmmm...let me double check that thread. Unless you actually sold it for less than the $265 you were asking, then as the guy you got it from states:

"I paid $175 off here and sold it to you for $185 goods and services."

So, are you stating that you flipped the knife for $215 shipped?

If not, then I'd appreciate you not insulting those of us who can count. In the end, I do understand everyone is entitled to their viewpoint. Also, leaving out details is a "mistype", misrepresenting something (as you did) is something else entirely. In any case, you're free to post up whatever you want and ask whatever you want. When people find out that you're just looking to score maxprofits, then you really don't get to be mad that you got called out. Not the way it works here, man.

It was a knife you bought off Instagram for $185 shipped. You posted it here the day you received it for $245.

Every single post you’ve made has been in the exchange. Keep in mind, you’ve had a deal gone bad with a GBU post about you. You couldn’t find time to post there about your obvious shipping shortcomings.

This is a community. If you don’t see the umbrage we take with you, there Is no explaining it.

Bought a knife for $185 and sold it for $225 G&s

I appreciate your concern. I bought a knife for $185 and sold it for $225. I

Hey Quiet,

Thank you
I think there’s a bit more to the story. I should’ve opened a GBU thread on you but I refrained.

Let’s not forget that you originally posted it for $265, stating it was “unused” when I clearly told you I used it.

Then when someone called you out, you told them that I told you “I only took it out for pictures”, which is a blatant lie and I have the messages to prove clear as day I told you I used it.

After I corrected you, you changed your hashtags to “whittledonesticklol” “orig146” “paid185”. This alludes to the idea that I flipped it to you.

Just to clear that up. I paid $175 off of this site, sold it to you for 185$ goods and services
Shipped it priority mail.
So in the end I have $171.55

I don’t care you flipped the knife. But lying about the description and then having the nerve to lie on me about it, AND THEN be so condescending in your hashtags and witty remarks, I don’t have to drive my point further.

(Oops I’m late others have commented on my behalf.)

If I sold the knife for $215 g&s shipped that would net me roughly $15 after a $6.54 PayPal fee and shipping. So to net $30 I sold it for $230 g&s shipping & insurance included :)

If I sold the knife for $215 g&s shipped that would net me roughly $15 after a $6.54 PayPal fee and shipping. So to net $30 I sold it for $230 g&s shipping & insurance included :)
I think people would be less interested in how much you made and more interested in why it was so hard for you to change your false description.

I don’t understand why the mere fact of it passing through your grubby and greedy little hands merits a net profit. Why should you get paid at all? How does another owner merit an increase?

I listed a price and someone made me an offer, which I accepted. The simple matter is someone decided that the knife was worth the price I was asking. I’m sorry my knife sale has caused so much anger on your Saturday evening.

I listed a price and someone made me an offer, which I accepted. The simple matter is someone decided that the knife was worth the price I was asking. I’m sorry my knife sale has caused so much anger on your Saturday evening.
I don’t think anyone is mad. We just don’t like you.

Back