• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

I can't count how many packages USPS has 'lost' on him.
I'm going to make a killing when I finally find that USPS warehouse filled with lost knife scales.

Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark.gif

yesterday...

I second this.

thefamcnaj thefamcnaj Also, as most know, ShepardCC is in Michigan, so I am 99% sure that is who you are dealing with. Interesting that he is changing names now. Rather than use his reputation of past good work to bolster sales, he is now playing the name change game to hide his piss poor business practices and complete lack of ethics.

I hope I don't have to use the money back guarantee option. I don't know how it works or even if it does work(I dont use e bay ever, I buy pb washers and that's it for my hinderers') This is only my 3rd experience with e bay.
That said I also noticed that the day of original purpose it said order soon, only two left. As soon as I placed my order it said order soon only one left.
So yep that makes perfect since......2 minus one is one. Then he sent the second out to make up for the first one that was "lost".
However it still says one left. So.....1 minus 1 is suppose to be zero(correct me if I'm wrong I'm no math major)
Leads me to wonder if two shipped, or one shipped, or none were shippedo_O

The ONLY bad thing about the knife community being such a great and honest place is that it's easy as a consumer to get lax.
You just get comfortable and assume everyone is good.

ETA-I just checked the tracking number and it's never been delivered to the usps to go out:(
It's still in MI. waiting to get to the PO
How long do you guys think I should wait before I attempt the "didn't receive item" route.
He never sent it the first time. He's done this a lot. Then, rather than admitting his mistake he lies to try and cover it up. He must think we are all idiots to keep believe the same lies over and over. I wonder who in his life actually puts up with this garbage to make him think it is acceptable.

It's the same stupid shit again and again.
Can't count how many times he's done this exact thing......I went through it. Promise of 3 weeks, took almost 6 months.
He would promise it would
Go out on Monday. No comms at all till
Friday. I e mail him and he answers with an attitude.
Tells me it shipped. I ask for tracking, takes a week to send tracking, took another month to ship.
Nauseating.
He always tries to act the victim too.
Get your money back and forget this dip shit.
Joe

He never sent it the first time. He's done this a lot. Then, rather than admitting his mistake he lies to try and cover it up. He must think we are all idiots to keep believe the same lies over and over. I wonder who in his life actually puts up with this garbage to make him think it is acceptable.

I really wish I would have read this before starting a business transaction with this guy. I had no idea they were the same. The names are not even remotely close so no bells went off.
His record was pretty good. 780ish good, 3 bad,1 neutral.
But reading other customer reviews all the bad was due to shipping.
So I guess part of the blame goes on me for not reading the 3 bad reports on him.

I saw it in post number 56. I paid through pay pal with the e bay money back guarantee, should I not receive the item. It was the end of September when I bought it.
I am a bit confused. He said the usps lost my scale and he would be sending another one with tracking, as I stated above.
Well I received a tracking number yesterday, but it wasn't updated information. It gave me the same expected delivery date as I recieved from e bay the date of purchase.
He sent me pics of the package and a tracking number.
So maybe everything is on the up and up at this point; and it will soon be here.
LOL wasn't this mentioned as happening to others prior in this thread? He basically said it shipped when it didn't... Which was to buy time. Or so it would seem that way to me.

I really wish I would have read this before starting a business transaction with this guy. I had no idea they were the same. The names are not even remotely close so no bells went off.
His record was pretty good. 780ish good, 3 bad,1 neutral.
But reading other customer reviews all the bad was due to shipping.
So I guess part of the blame goes on me for not reading the 3 bad reports on him.

There is no harm in starting the dispute process through eBay. eBay will first contact the seller and try to get them to rectify it, so if it is an honest mistake, no harm done. If not, you will eventually get your money back.

Would you mind sharing the seller's ebay name? I am not convinced it is Shepard, but it would be good to have that info in case others have any experiences with that seller to share.

LOL wasn't this mentioned as happening to others prior in this thread? He basically said it shipped when it didn't... Which was to buy time. Or so it would seem that way to me.

This is basically what he did to me. Well, first he claimed he shipped it and so it was my problem not his. Then when i asked for a tracking number so I could follow up with USPS he said he would follow up with them. Then he convinced me to wait. Then he said it was his mistake and he got the address wrong and it was sitting in his mailbox, and promised to make and send another. Then he got his lies mixed up and said he had already shipped me one, and so was doing me a favor by making me another one. Etc, etc, ad nauseum. I may have the exact event sequence wrong, but scroll back through the thread and you can see screenshots of all his messages. The main point is that his modus operandi is to offer multiple excuses, asking the buyer to wait a week or so between each event. I am not sure why he does this with some buyers, but not others. Perhaps it is because he has trouble getting the raw materials due to his poor payment history, and so some buyers are just unlucky that their order requires materials he doesn't have.

Last edited:
This is where I saw what led me to believe they were the same person. Page 3 post 56

Ok, I couldn't tell from your post it you were saying that was the same name as your seller. If it is, then obviously it's Shepard. But good news is that you are protected by eBay's policies.

I contacted e bay but since he did the label way after the purchase e bay aid it looks like your order has been shipped. They told me to check back the 13th(tomorrow) I couldn't start any process today

Ok, I couldn't tell from your post it you were saying that was the same name as your seller. If it is, then obviously it's Shepard. But good news is that you are protected by eBay's policies.
That's good to know. This is my first adventure in the knife world that wasn't smooth. In fact I use gbu a lot for acknowledging good folks.
I hated to come on this thread and be a negative nelly.

I contacted e bay but since he did the label way after the purchase e bay aid it looks like your order has been shipped. They told me to check back the 13th(tomorrow) I couldn't start any process today

That is ok. Just follow their instructions, you will either get your scale or your money back. Paypal (Goods and Services) and eBay will make you wait, but if you are patient they will come through.

You are NOT being a Debbie Downer brother.....at all.
Just relaying your experience.......sadly like so many of us before you.
He's a scumbag and will never be anything else. He'll keep finding new ways to keep the scam going.
I love how he says how he never robbed anyone. He just lies & lies, delays, goes dark and comes up with some creative excuses to drag his customers along for a very annoying ride.

That's good to know. This is my first adventure in the knife world that wasn't smooth. In fact I use gbu a lot for acknowledging good folks.
I hated to come on this thread and be a negative nelly.

The knives are finished and the work is excellent. We have been going back and forth on small details, but I think I am happy with the pics of the finished product.
Here are the knives:

ysNjrAA.jpg

IIHM54Y.jpg

I don't have a vested interest in this bc he doesn't have any of my knives, but..I'll say this. I don't really think he cares about his reputation in here. I think he figures that's a lost cause. He posts a TON on facebook, and he has dozens of people recommending him and then others throwing money at him. Sadly, I think he's chalked up bladeforums as a loss, and could probably care less. Sucks for the people in this thread though.

Cobalt, just curious...do you intend to pay him the balance before he sends out your knives? I know that is standard protocol, but I wonder if he would take payment and then not send your property back to you. That is a possibility based on his prior behavior. Maybe there is some way you can pay him after receipt of the knife? I'd hate to see him make you a victim yet again.

Back