Show me your Elephant Toes.

October06Update5.jpg

Sorry...I've always wanted to do that. :D

They must be bigger than they look.

The standard size of the originals was about 4 1/4"-4 3/8" long. The largest was about 4 5/8" long, IIRC -- considering their size, and that many had iron bolsters, you've got a chunk (though they typically have a single spring, so are slimmer than you might expect). Check out this website covering many of the old originals: http://www.sunfishknives.com/

Dang it, you guys with elephant toes have something that I don't, and that makes me jealous.

Gig, is this a 154CM Test Run? They are the only Red Bone I have seen with "As Ground" blades

Picture10-1.png

My one and only:
img2391x.jpg

I like the pattern. They are a little wide for pocket carry, though I've done it on and off.

Hey Guys,

Has any of yall acutally used one of these Toenails? I know they don't exactly carry well. But how do they perform. Thanks

God Bless

They don't do well for detail work when you're whittling, but mine have tackled some pretty tough work successfully. They are a bit much when you carry more than three at a time, though. ;) :D

And here I was, thinking I was all alone in liking this pattern. Perhaps I'm not as crazy as I thought.
What a great selection gentlemen!

That is a great looking handful of knife. Thanks for posting that.

Greg, you have an impressive collection. I've been waiing for you to pull out a Cripple Creek ET.

Back