Show off your 15's

keeping it on the porch, thanks Jimmy,
6dMOJxK.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but does anyone happen to know if "all steel" on the upcoming clip-point 15 Boy's Knife run means that those will have 1095 bolster(s)? Or are the bolsters steel, but not necessarily 1095?

Pardon my ignorance, but does anyone happen to know if "all steel" on the upcoming clip-point 15 Boy's Knife run means that those will have 1095 bolster(s)? Or are the bolsters steel, but not necessarily 1095?

I always wondered what that meant when it said STL

Dadpool i believe they use something like a 1010 or 1020 but dont hold me to it.

Thanks!

My lone experience with a carbon steel GEC was an all-steel 77, and I remember the bolsters taking on a patina but more slowly than the blade (and with different character). That matches what I just read about the steels you mentioned.

My father-in-law carried his chestnut navy knife quite a bit. He loved how light it was in the pocket. He could wear it in sweat pants all day long, and hardly notice it was there.

It is very light, but carries a big bite.

I've been looking for the exact knife on the bottom for quite a while with no luck. A bare end, clip point, long pull number 15 with ebony covers!! You're a lucky man, sir, and I must say m coveting your knife big time right now! ToSo close this run coming up but only micarta covers with the clip blades, and it looks like a crescent nivk. Anyone know if the upcoming run of 15s will have an end cap?

Back