Sign of the Times?

I think the Boss has finally reached a point in his journey when his production output has exceeded his fan base.

I think this has more to do with it than the economy, though I also think the economy has alot to do with it. I know I have cut back because of both.

In this ecomomy even if there was a large advertising campaign I'm not sure it would bring enough newbies in at this time.

No timing or coincidence for me. I moved my home office and realized how much steel I had sitting around collecting dust. :( This is gonna sound like blasphemy, but there are more important things to be spending $ on than sitting in my drawer. And no, that doesn't mean more guns. LOL

It's true that the market is currently flooded with Busses right now. You can get pretty much anything- if you're willing to pay the price. However, it is much more difficult to score Swamp Rat or Scrapyard blades. Good luck finding a Battle Rat nowadays!

Well, things are definitely tighter for most. I feel the need to sell some off, but the way the market is right now, it's more likely that selling will be at a loss for most items.

Makes things interesting for sure. The drool factor on some of the items on the exchange is high. Just not spending much these days... Even beyond the INFI...

I think the Boss has finally reached a point in his journey when his production output has exceeded his fan base.

Unfortunately for those of us with a 'pile-o-INFI'....these are the words of wisdom in this thread :confused:

what's a "newbie" ?

Me about three years ago....maybe more like four...:eek:

A newbie, in this case, is a knife nut who has just been introduced to Busse Combat. Someone who has not yet bought a Busse but is very curious and asks a ton of questions which the good folks on here are more than happy to answer. We don't mind newbie questions cause we were all newbies at one point.

While it's true that some newbies lose interest and fade away and others buy a few knives and stick around there are a small number who are very dangerous and are not to be trusted. These newbies hit the trough fast and hard bringing fresh new credit cards with credit limits some of us old HOGs couldn't even imagine. They buy like it's going out of style and quickly rise to the rank of HOG. Treacherous lot. Tricksee. False. golem....golem...

:cool:

Good luck finding a Battle Rat nowadays!

I found one in my safe the other day....that wasn't so hard.:confused:

;):D:cool:

No worries guys... the same thing is happening with Randall's. One of my buddies is a pretty big collector over there, and was telling me just the other day that it is a buyers market now, despite the very very long wait time.

Of course, buyers market for Randall means that you may only get 25% over retail, so it beats the hell out of money in the stock market (or... anywhere else...) ;)

Know what that means? Time for a massive ad campaign.

And you know what that means? Newbies are coming!!!!!!!!!

Lots of fresh little piglets buying up all the INFI!!!!

DIG IN BOYS!!!!!.....IT'S GONNA GET CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I agree,

The boss needs to start whoring out these blades by mass advertising and such, or cut production. I don't think cutting production is an option though because of the big facility and a lot of employees.

A lot of folks find it frustrating the way Busse markets their products.
Many are turned off by this and distreguard Busse as a result.

The way things are going there will be problems in the future. Supply is already starting to grossly out weigh the demand.

Also there are way too many ganzaaas. I can barely even keep up.
Were'nt ganzaaas only once or twice a year? Now it seems to be almost every other month.

I liked it when just owning a Busse of any model was special and uncommon. (sigh)

No timing or coincidence for me. I moved my home office and realized how much steel I had sitting around collecting dust. :( This is gonna sound like blasphemy, but there are more important things to be spending $ on than sitting in my drawer. And no, that doesn't mean more guns. LOL

I feel ya.

There came a time when I had to realize that it didn't make sense to have users, traders and safe queens of every single model.

Nowadays I'm happy to have users of the ones I like. Unless you are talking about meaners. Meaners are my weakness.

:cool:

The way things are going there will be problems in the future. Supply is already starting to grossly out weigh the demand.

Also there are way too many ganzaaas. I can barely even keep up.
Were'nt ganzaaas only once or twice a year? Now it seems to be almost every other month.

I'm not sure this is hitting Busse directly. The ganzas still sell out. It's the secondary market that is slow.

A big advertising campaign would bring in newbs who would miss scoring at a ganza and turn to the sale boards to get their fix.

Of course what sense would it make to spend ad dollars when you are already selling out every ganza?

While it's true that some newbies lose interest and fade away and others buy a few knives and stick around there are a small number who are very dangerous and are not to be trusted. These newbies hit the trough fast and hard bringing fresh new credit cards with credit limits some of us old HOGs couldn't even imagine. They buy like it's going out of style and quickly rise to the rank of HOG. Treacherous lot. Tricksee. False. golem....golem...

Hey Hev...why you outing Knifehunter like that? :D

bearsign.jpg

That's what happened to me as well, that is what was laying around collecting dust. I need a new roof, and at $5500.00, well something has to go. It's not the economy for me, it's just priority, and a WIFE!

Im not to sure of that, at least the custom stuff.

The Custom Stuff didn't all sell out at Blade. But they will all sell at the Ganza. I'd bet on it.

Just think about how many HOGS couldn't make it to Blade...that plus Knife Hunter must be going needing an INFI fix about now. :D

Back