1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Knight Update

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Amy-0, Feb 20, 2018.

1. 5seven

5seven Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2015
    Found one, thanks Sled!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Leonardo63, LizaMari and David Brown like this.
  2. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    The angle of the lighting makes a huge difference especially when you are talying one picture taken indoors and one taken outdoors. Just going through my phone I found two pics of my TGLB that were taken with zero mods done from one pic to the next and I'm sure that with a little more angle on it the outdoor pic it would look exactly like the pic of that CF SK that everyone is stirred up over.

2018-03-28 12.23.57.jpg
    2018-03-28 12.24.30.jpg

duramax and BFS like this.
  3. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Very true, the lighting affects what the finish looks like a lot.
    Soft diffused outdoor light:
    [​IMG]

Indoor harsh overhead uncovered light:
    [​IMG]

Diffused sun:
    [​IMG]

Sun directly behind me:
    [​IMG]

I'm still waiting for my shipping notice, but I'm thinking my SK is going to look just like I expect her to look. Nekkid and Saucy!!!! :p -- :thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Received my silent knight yesterday but I’ve been so busy holding it I haven’t taken any pictures but let me tell you, this thing looks divine. Almost mythical. I’m noticing everyone looking at that one picture at an angle that makes all lines visible. And the sunlight makes the whole thing look a bit “worn”. I’ll post some pics of it with my phone camera so there’s more of a variety of what you can expect.

5. dobermaniac

dobermaniac Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2013
    I got some today, but disappointed. Not disappointed in the knives at all (they rock!), but that I was expecting my CF ones and instead I only got BGs.
    (I paid for my CFs over a month ago, paid for the BGs less than 2 weeks ago. Got the BGs today, still no shipping notice about the CFs:( I want my CFs!)

Midwest Firecraft likes this.
  6. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Show me the MUMMY!
    [​IMG]

Unwrapped! Smallest SSSS I've ever taken delivery on...must be budget cuts...;)
    [​IMG]

Takin shots between raindrops sorry it's out of focus, but I was in a hurry & EXCITED!:)
    [​IMG]

Random couple of spots are raindrops referenced above
    [​IMG]

Really nice, consistent BIG-ish Comp. Finish on Presentation side...LOVIN it!:cool:
    [​IMG]

Obverse side at blade catch has some horizontal striations that break up the nice crosshatched vibe on the presentation side. I can deal with this because it is the uniqueness of CF that attracts me to this type of finish to begin with!:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Texture within a texture that we've been noticing on some handles out of Wauseon lately...I REALLY like the way this looks & feels!
    [​IMG]

More BIG-ish crosshatching with one set of striations a bit deeper than it's mate.
    [​IMG]

Indoor tangential fluoro tubes...pretty harsh :eek: lighting conditions, but the CF SK still looks like a million bucks to me!
    [​IMG]

Blade catch on obverse side, indoor
    [​IMG]

CBT detail...the edge is highly magnified, but even considering that, it appears not up to the standard I'm accustomed to from Beef or Garth, or Mike...there's no "Sharpened By:" sticker on the tactical cardboard, either, by coincidence :rolleyes:. Ultimately not a problem as I will tune it up to P2.1 specs after usage anyways.
    [​IMG]

Balance, as noted by other HOGS is top notch, even with the G10. Ergos >>> TREMENDOUS. Very early cursory opinions but this has become an instant hit for me...VERY PLEASED. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: out of :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The only thing I could nitpick on would be the sloppy grind on the edge and a bit of black grime that was easily wiped off around the pommel as it was delivered.

This "flavor" of Competition Finish is nice. It is not my favorite but it's INFI...life's good! :D

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    6850, Dadpool, lex2006 and 6 others like this.
  7. 2011BLDR

2011BLDR Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Yea, no:
    SSSS sheet
    Sharpened By: sticker
    Inspected By : sticker

On mine...

8. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    The BG FSH I got a couple weeks ago didn' have the "Sharpened by" or "Inspected by" stickers either. Come to think of it, It's been quite a while since I got a blade that was sharpened by Beef.

BFS likes this.
  9. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Great photos P2.1! Man, that G10 looks awesome! Those are great pictures much better than I was able to do but you got what I got and it looks awesome.
    Now take pic#4 - THAT looks just like the photo Jerry originally posted. I'd rather have this to start with and put my own labor into taking some of them Infi birthmarks out myself and save some bucks with this CF option.
    If you hold it with index finger in the choil and thumb on back of the catch it's very neutral in the hand for me.

10. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Dammit Petey you beat me to posting close up pics :D. Those tan and black scales look INSANE! I’m glad I decided last minute to get em on the hog gemini. , I agree the edge is a little rough but that can easily be polished out. Mine didn’t come with an inspected by or sharpened by sheet but it did come with an SSSS Sheet.

11. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Petey making me really wish I had mine... gah!

12. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    These suckers are bad as hell, kind of kicking myself at first for going no blade catch with all the pictures coming out, and now I am 100% glad I did not get the catch. These puppies feel great and whip around like crazy. My CF looks consistent with everyone else's - definitely old school rope cutting competition finish on these!
    C
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Now that's how you present a tray of bacon! I give it a 10 for presentation alone!!!
    I love the no-catch too but I remember following along with all the comments and the "purists" spoke to me in the voice of heritage and history. Had it been a add-on FOR the catch I would've done it. I still drool a little over both :D
    "Symmetry in Infi" Keeping nature in balance~ just love it!

COPIUOS likes this.
  14. COPIUOS

Dec 24, 2015
    Yeah - I have Mojos and Mofos and I prefer those with no catch. Those were all offered with both as well, and the MEFO/MOFO/MOJOS offered in early 2000's were available in both, so I think going no blade catch is not defying the purists.

If you talk about the SK originals in general, then yes, I do not think those were offered sans catch unless CS ordered (maybe)...the SK's have been so mythical until now, that I am not 100% aware of their differing varietals and what came out of the shop CS-wise...

When I first got into Busse terminology and i discovered all the "Mother of's", I was like, you have to be kidding...

MOAB, MOASH, MOABM, MOASK, etc, I was like "no way"!!!

The MOASK has to be the king of the Mothers!!

Leonardo63 likes this.
  15. COPIUOS

Dec 24, 2015
    Well - if it is any consolation, I am awaiting my park rangers...

16. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Wow didn't think I'd like the de-horned SK...but those look wicked!!!:cool:

COPIUOS likes this.
  17. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Can' wait for my Black Canvas one

COPIUOS likes this.
  18. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr

Jun 23, 2014
    Well so far I really like the BIG DC finish the most , that I have on my Park Ranger. I suppose when I get my 3 competition finish knives I could buff and polish and sandpaper them to crazy smooth Satin, the dagger that I ordered might be a challenge though and I might want to have an ambulance on call lol.

COPIUOS likes this.
  19. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr

Jun 23, 2014
    I'm just ecstatic that I am getting my Bruiser Silent knight tomorrow and two days before my birthday, the 31st.

COPIUOS and PeteyTwoPointOne like this.
  20. COPIUOS

Dec 24, 2015
    Man - I just cannot believe how taken with these SK's I am. It was impossible to know how they were going to truly look and feel like in real life until they got here.

Finish be damned, these things are just pure Busse magic in my book and I cannot imagine only having one! Although I will need to sell some more knives to justify keeping both.

I cannot put them down, and I am going to battle some dead palm fronds of the dried up and harder to chop variety tomorrow with one (I think)...why not? I know they are not choppers, it will be interesting to see how their lightness and slicy-ness does...

And I did not get an SSS or "sharpened by" in my package, either.

I did do some CSS and they are sharp as hell up and down the blade...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have not been this "awed" by a blade in awhile...truly unique and pure Busse through and through...