Some words from Chris......

Working in firearms manufacturing there are many correlations to what Mr. Reeve stated and I commend him for taking the time to fully outline everything because it takes great time and patience to do so.

I can especially sympathize with this statement:

" Our knives are precision instruments. Treat them as such. In other words, perform maintenance and cleaning periodically and they will operate safely and efficiently for a life time."

These knives are meant to stand the test of time and as with a well machined and fitted metal firearm, there will be some break in before optimal function occurs. However once this short break in passes you are rewarded with an item that will last years of use, even generations. Proper maintenance helps to insure this lifetime of reliable use.

Also please remember that you bought a product from a company that values their customer service just as much as their famous quality. Mistakes and miscues happen in manufacturing, fact of life, but at least give the company the chance to resolve or fix the issue before asking other people for assistance or advice. Talk to the people who made the product first.

This post highlights many of the reasons why CRK are among the only knives I own and my most used knives, in addition to that they make the best knives out there.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Mr. Reeve, your knives are simply some of the best knives ever made by anyone, anywhere. I own one now and it is a mainstay, I appreciate you and your company and will be a customer of yours the rest of my breathing days. Keep the faith!

The prophet has spoken!! Thank you Mr. Reeve for taking the time to post your thoughts here for us to read. Your desire for excellence is obvious in the knives you make and the way you treat both customers and non-customers.

Thanks for the response. My goal wasn't to cause contention in the "Heat Treat Poll thread". I wanted to see how other people felt about the topic and possibly give you guys some useful insight in to how your customers really felt. I personally love CRK knives and I've just sold the majority of my knives to buy some of your discontinued models. CRK knives are the only knives I carry anymore. IMO there is no company that can even come close to CRK(custom,mid-tech or production) that's why I now exclusively carry and use CRK knives. No harm intended.

Excellent post. This is one of the reasons I like BF so much. Where else do leaders in an industry share their thoughts so freely and have an opportunity to listen to the end users of their products.

Excellent post. This is one of the reasons I like BF so much. Where else do leaders in an industry share their thoughts so freely and have an opportunity to listen to the end users of their products.

Amen. Two in particular come to mind: Mr. Reeve and Mr. Glesser. Both manage to stay polite and courteous amid the heat and friction, too, which is a very strong testament to their character and temperment. :thumbup:

Nice thoughtful post. I personally like the S30V that you use and I think it is superior to other brands that offer this steel. My large micarta sebenza is fantastic and has exceeded my expectations.

I feel CRK is the benchmark for what a knife, and knife company should be. I own several Sebenzas and one can be found on my person at any given time. I feel strongly enough about the quality of your products, that I recently purchased a custom engraved Sebenza for my son. When I presented my son with his new Sebenza I confidently told him "Take care of this knife and it will take care of you for a lifetime." I'm sure it will not be his last Chris Reeve knife, keep up the good work.

Nice thoughtful post. I personally like the S30V that you use and I think it is superior to other brands that offer this steel. My large micarta sebenza is fantastic and has exceeded my expectations.

I agree 100 %

Chris D. :D

Well said Chris, Unfortunately this is the Internet and the cyber world is full of knuckle heads... Hell....i even caught word that one of my favorite dealers thinks I'm a overly opinionated knuckle head...LOL.

I must admit that i have lightly modified your knives to my liking but have had nothing but good results, in the future i will refrain from recommending tinkering with the lock bar tension.

Good lookin out Chris, i still luv ya. :) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yes, this should be a stickie. It says a lot about CRK and it's a good guide to critiquing and using other knives as well.

Manufacturing excellence: integrity, hard work, experience.

Very nicely worded Chris! Over the years I have owned many of your products...Today, I only own a few. I have literally lost 2 sebenzas in the last 10yrs. Others have been sold, not because of any perceived flaw, but because they hold their value! I am personally not aware of too many knives that hold their value like CRK.
As I move towards my own endeavors collecting my own machine tools, I can honestly say that there will always be a CRK in my pocket.

Bill

Great post.:thumbup: Makes me proud to own these:

IMG_0737.jpg

Kind regards,

Jos

Great Post Mr. Reeve. You have a life long fan here. Its nice to see the owner of a company set the record straight for so many non-issues that have been lingering on for far too long. I trust and believe in the knives you make, if they are good enough for you, they are certainly good enough for me. Keep up the great work. :thumbup::thumbup:

Great Post Mr. Reeve. You have a life long fan here. Its nice to see the owner of a company set the record straight for so many non-issues that have been lingering on for far too long. I trust and believe in the knives you make, if they are good enough for you, they are certainly good enough for me. Keep up the great work. :thumbup::thumbup:

My thoughts exactly.

Your knives are for me the best factory ones and often much better then a lot of customs.
Keep on your good work, quality allways pays.

Back