Someone must have hit the Snark button on their alarm glock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bahahaha Love it when the little ones flip ya off!

I've been looking at the Native, Manix, or PM2 in S110V...... damn ya'll are some bad influences >.< I found a store up here that carries them too. Just slightly out of the budget right now.

I know right?

Damn dude, you think Cannuck prices are effed up. Try shopping for 'Muhrican knives in Aus! No wonder I'm poor (apart from being a dropkick with a dropkick job)...

Oh, by the way the way, this is beginning of page seven. Yeah, you heard, hoss and crim..

I can only imagine what the extra shipping costs lol. I'm guessing you pay almost double what we do up here. My problem being our dollar. Its currently in the toilet :( I'm glad I sprung for my US cash for my trip over 6 months ago, before it tanked anymore.

I know nothing really happens to checked luggage other then it gets completely lost :rolleyes:

Alas, this is untrue. The TSA has been looting luggage for 15 years.
In fact, I think you're MORE likely to have something stolen from inside your bags than to lose a bag completely these days. (I have no genuine data to back up this impression, but a good number of anecdotes) The tracking on luggage has gotten really strict, and a flight won't leave with a bag on board and no matching passenger. I've heard some people's response has been to check a firearm in their bag, because the TSA's procedure for handling checked firearms is MUCH more rigorous. And things like a starter pistol apparently count! (note careful placement of qualifying adjectives)

Send me a request...
JeepBlade444

Todd...that's Freekin beautiful bro...beyond knocking it outta the park. Hope they frame it and all that!

I'll never own a spyderco...they're so damn ugly...remind me of spy vs spy every time I see one. Never seen on made in USA either...even if they were, nope.

Yeah...I'm loving some Buck folders. For me folders are pure utility as I carry my 11/24/14 daily, I just don't see what anything over a $60 folder will do for me better than a sub $60. In fact....I don't even have a +$25 folder cept some vintage stuff that I don't carry that were inherited. On that note...I had a spyderco that was passed down and I traded it for a BK7 so...

I'll check out that vantage pro. I've been eyeballin something like that in a premium steel. Not crazy about the 110 style. So far this Wally world $15 special 721 has been more than suitable for my utility needs and its been seeing action daily since I snagged it.

I'm pretty brand loyal with about everything. If I know it's quality I'll stick with it. I know Buck has a bunch of Chinese crap and I'll steer clear of all that but I'm thinking it'll be my next Blade brand behind anything Ka-Bar since I can't get a USA Ka-Bar folder.

I know this is dragging out but I've been absent so I'll end it here...
I snagged a 1461 Impact D2 spear point today. Can't wait to check it out. It'll be my river Knife.

I felt the same way about Spyderco's when I first saw them...ugly as hell.
But they have such a loyal following I figured I 'd check them out.
I absolutely love them now. I've had my Manix2 for a few years and it's awesome! Made in the USA too. :D

The 60+ folders will usually get you a premium steel.
To me it's worth not having to sharpen it every week or see the edge roll on a cheaper knife.
I had a couple folders in AUS8 and 813CMOV and the edges were just bad compared to the CPM154 on the Manix2. Never had an issue with my Manix. Ever.

oh yeah...In on 4 with the correct settings.

Last edited:
Hey Mike. Good to hear from you too brother. Yes, I certainly am in the land of perpetual nod but this is mostly my fault. Between a buttload of time off, a baby that begs for sweet sweet boobies at any given second and me spending wayyyyy too much time in the idiot hours playing games and watching movies on Netflix, I'm basically running on booze.. erm... no sleep. Yeah. That sounds better. I know I'm not the only one who's gone through this though :D

As for folders, I never thought I'd stoop to that level (ahem, no offense fellas) but then I got drunk (surprise surprise) and ordered me a few spydies. Got me a Pacific Salt, an Endura 4 and a Byrd Cara Cara 2 Ti. I love em. They're not going to replace my BK16 or anything but damn they are cool. My grail Spydie is the K2 Ti but the one I can afford next will be the same one you have Mike; the Manbug (in ZDP189 steel though, whatever the hell that is). Yeah the FRN isn't for everybody but to me it's fine. It does the job. Sheeeeeet Stimpy, I really only got the Endura because I thought that was what Mark Watney (Matt Damon) in The Martian was using (love that movie). Turns out it was a Victorinox Hunter. Oh well, my bad, I'm a dumbshit. Irrespective, they're flippers that I really dig. I want more. But I haven't even bought a 21 yet. Oh the humanity! Dear heavenly God Springy, you bloody heathen. Ahhhhhhhh whatever. Here's a picture of my dear little Ana flipping you all off..

Gang signs this Aiki!

LOL! I have pictures of both my daughters flipping off when they were babies.

Never saw a double before though. She's a natural!

Fair enough NC! Fair enough...lol :D
If you ever want to give one a try, get ahold of me and I'll send you my Manix2 to try out.:thumbup:

In on 3. There are still people who haven't reset their posts per page limits?

Gearing up for a fantastic birthday here. Found out today my parents decided to shell out and get me something from my long-term wishlist (34" ultrawide monitor for my computer), which looks like it's inbound next week. Wife is getting me new parts to get my mill back up and running, and one of my favorite authors is in town and doing book signings. Also, Crouching Tiger 2 out on Netflix, and Daredevil season 2 coming on the 18th.

Sounds awesome CF. Happy Birthday! My wife scared me last night. I was sitting at my computer and shes over on the couch looking for something to watch on Netflix. All of a sudden she just screams. Scared the crap out of me. I jump up, whats the matter!??! Oh nothing Crouching tiger 2 is on nextflix.....

Slice and noswad, expect an add on ps4 from fufu583, or go ahead and add me. The same goes to everyone else, add me of ya want. I mostly play bo3, but have been looking at getting a new game or 2.

Alright! Getting ready to see David Allen Coe at the Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh!

Man puts on a helluva show! Been a couple years since I caught him.

I felt the same way about Spyderco's when I first saw them...ugly as hell.
But they have such a loyal following I figured I 'd check them out.
I absolutely love them now. I've had my Manix2 for a few years and it's awesome! Made in the USA too. :D

The 60+ folders will usually get you a premium steel.
To me it's worth not having to sharpen it every week or see the edge roll on a cheaper knife.
I had a couple folders in AUS8 and 813CMOV and the edges were just bad compared to the CPM154 on the Manix2. Never had an issue with my Manix. Ever.

oh yeah...In on 4 with the correct settings.

Looks familiar!

Sounds awesome CF. Happy Birthday! My wife scared me last night. I was sitting at my computer and shes over on the couch looking for something to watch on Netflix. All of a sudden she just screams. Scared the crap out of me. I jump up, whats the matter!??! Oh nothing Crouching tiger 2 is on nextflix.....

I should clarify. My birthday is a week from today. But my friends and family have been buying stuff and having it shipped to me, so I've found out about some of it early. Monitor arrives Tuesday evening, in theory.

I'm liking the looks of the Benchmade Hunt Crooked River too, actually. Nice being in a state that I can carry a 4" blade legally.

Alright! Getting ready to see David Allen Coe at the Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh!

Man puts on a helluva show! Been a couple years since I caught him.
Very cool.

It was all I could do to keep from crying.

Last edited:
Bahahaha Love it when the little ones flip ya off!

I've been looking at the Native, Manix, or PM2 in S110V...... damn ya'll are some bad influences >.< I found a store up here that carries them too. Just slightly out of the budget right now.

I prefer the ergos of the manix 2 over the others listed, but the PM2 will take the most advantage of the slicing nature of the steel.
Or, go with a manix 2 and knock down the shoulders or have it reground.
If you can get a millie in it then the added blade length will be a nice benefit.

I can't stand how the PM2 feels so handle long and blade short, though due to pivot placement the blade does take up the whole handle, it just doesn't seem like it would while open...

I like the lock and slice oriented build, but not the seemingly flimsy tip, and the blade/handle ratio...
------
I would still take the manix 2, ergos trumps all when you are using it for a long day.
If the blade can keep an edge, I better be comfortable using it.

Sweet thanks for the tips :D

Ya the TSA almost wouldn't let me pass...I has explosive residue on my jacket from wearing it while shooting. Also the solid gold bullet I wear on my necklace counted as a 'replica' and I was 'lucky' to be let through. Lol

I got through because he liked my jacket ;) the BK&T patch I had on it made him smile.

Much prefer the Manix2, PM2 felt too skinny. Looking around for the new G10 S110v version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back