Someone must have hit the Snark button on their alarm glock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yojimbo%202%2011%20X_zpshgrxibns.jpg

Yojimbo%202%209%20X_zpstwota2it.jpg

The Yojimbo 2 is made an hour away from me in Golden Colorado. Same city as Coors.Gag and yuk by the way. I lived with my dad in Golden for a while when I was a teenager.

There is a guy in Colorado named Michael Janich. He lives in the next town over from me. He is a martial artist and knife fighting instructor. He has classes here in Colorado and goes all around the country training law enforcement. He had a TV show on The Outdoor Channel called the best defense. He taught how to defend yourself using fighting, knives and hand guns. It was a neat show for Television.

He was trained by Hank Reinhardt a long time ago. They became life long friends and Hanks wife credits Michael Janich in Hanks book as one of the people who helped her get hanks book published after he died.

I was looking at Spydercos trying to decide if I should go for it when I found the Yojimbo2 and learned it was designed by Michael Janich. He designed it with a blade under 3.5 inches to be concealed in Colorado.

So its a very interesting knife to me. :)

Janich-1_zpsp5ongy6t.jpg

Slice, I have the opposite problem as you.. I'm pretty good at the normal modes but when I get in a ship I suck.

looks like fun NC! I've always been a David Allen coe fan

Man, I grew up on Coe. I try to catchem every year when he comes thru but I missed the last couple.

This makes I think 8 times.
Totally different than all the others. His youngest son Tyler wasn't there. He plays guitar, about 23ish. His wife was playing tambourine and stuff which was new, and no bass player. It was weird. And much more mellow. His shows were always fast and loud. Well...he's 78 and every time I say this may be our last chance.

The crowd was a bit smaller and much younger. We were at the very front on the side where Dave sits. Very nice spot and closest I've ever been, even tho that's our usual spot at the Lincoln, usually he sits much deeper and in the middle.

He played right at an hour...a bit disappointing but he got thru about everything, or a part of everything. If you've ever seen David Allen Coe live, you'll know that he plays parts or most of a song and jumps right into the next with very little pause or stops from the first lick till he walks away.

Really was a great time and met some great folks.

I'll be a Coe fan forever.

If you've never seen him live, pick up his Live at Billy Bobs album. That's pretty much every show, and really good stuff!

Looks like a good concert Slice.

Man Springy, a nice combination of the wife's looks and your manners wrapped up in that lil peanut; good luck with that in a few years [emoji3]

I've been threatening to buy a Spyderco for years. I got really close awhile back, but Benchmade rescued me.

Wow, I really don't like folders. But I really like that Benchmade.

I haven't bought a knife in a while...

Jeremy

Hmm. Um. Yeah. Is there another David Allen Coe? The one I just looked up had some.. er.. rather interesting lyrics to some interestingly titled songs. Geez, even some if the full on gore fest Death Metal that I like would pale in comparison to the.. ah.. vulgarity, so to speak, of this gentleman. Twas actually a breath of fresh air 'country musicly' speaking however. If it's the same guy that is. I was laughing my butthole off at the song FFS (that is the title abbreviated to its first letters, too rude to spell it out in full) I thought it was hilarious. Would've been a pretty cool concert. Glad you had fun Slicebags..

Aiki, she is all class, just like her mother, thankfully. And that's because I'm like a school in the summer time..

Benchmade and Spyderco, I've owned both, sold both. I really miss my McHenry & Williams 710 in ats34, don't miss my SS endura at all. They're too 'spensive in general, and in my experience, a great many of the steels used in those folders is only marginally better than the aus-8 in my fav folders. My many Cold Steels are mostly "toys" that just happen to cut stuff. When I wear a smoking jacket and slippers, while retiring to the study to sip sherry is when I'll indulge in folders over $100 and under 3.5" in blade. :)

Yojimbo%202%2011%20X_zpshgrxibns.jpg

Yojimbo%202%209%20X_zpstwota2it.jpg

The Yojimbo 2 is made an hour away from me in Golden Colorado. Same city as Coors.Gag and yuk by the way. I lived with my dad in Golden for a while when I was a teenager.

There is a guy in Colorado named Michael Janich. He lives in the next town over from me. He is a martial artist and knife fighting instructor. He has classes here in Colorado and goes all around the country training law enforcement. He had a TV show on The Outdoor Channel called the best defense. He taught how to defend yourself using fighting, knives and hand guns. It was a neat show for Television.

He was trained by Hank Reinhardt a long time ago. They became life long friends and Hanks wife credits Michael Janich in Hanks book as one of the people who helped her get hanks book published after he died.

I was looking at Spydercos trying to decide if I should go for it when I found the Yojimbo2 and learned it was designed by Michael Janich. He designed it with a blade under 3.5 inches to be concealed in Colorado.

So its a very interesting knife to me. :)

Janich-1_zpsp5ongy6t.jpg

Nice blade, though I'm not huge on spydies for the $$$, ;)
I'm with you on the donkey wee wee they brew in CO,
And Michael Janich is a bad ass, even holding a paper towel tube..

Alive in the sun. The weather is so much nicer down here....

And I'm playing with a new BK13 in 1095cv :D

I've been threatening to buy a Spyderco for years. I got really close awhile back, but Benchmade rescued me.

Haw haw! You still ARE really close with that Pardue-inspired blade shape and licensed Spydie hole!
I feel like that Bone Collector model is what the Griptilians should have been. Great choice.

I only own one Benchmade. The Axis lock is nice. Those guys are my neighbors, so I wanted some of their work. The 710 is probably my fav, but it wasn't carried by the retailer for which I had the gift certificate.

Man, I grew up on Coe. I try to catchem every year when he comes thru but I missed the last couple.

This makes I think 8 times.
Totally different than all the others. His youngest son Tyler wasn't there. He plays guitar, about 23ish. His wife was playing tambourine and stuff which was new, and no bass player. It was weird. And much more mellow. His shows were always fast and loud. Well...he's 78 and every time I say this may be our last chance.

The crowd was a bit smaller and much younger. We were at the very front on the side where Dave sits. Very nice spot and closest I've ever been, even tho that's our usual spot at the Lincoln, usually he sits much deeper and in the middle.

He played right at an hour...a bit disappointing but he got thru about everything, or a part of everything. If you've ever seen David Allen Coe live, you'll know that he plays parts or most of a song and jumps right into the next with very little pause or stops from the first lick till he walks away.

Really was a great time and met some great folks.

I'll be a Coe fan forever.

If you've never seen him live, pick up his Live at Billy Bobs album. That's pretty much every show, and really good stuff!

I think it would be awesome to see him in concert

my mom went to see him in the 80's, she said he was drunk as a skunk, to point where his body guards had to take him off stage and and walk him around at one point before he could play another song

I love my 1501, I just got it back from their lifesharp service, it's an excellent knife. to bad the discontinued te bone collector line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back