• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Steven Ketchen <spketch> MIA: Overbooked? Off the grid? Lost his phone? What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY FELLAS! :D:D:D

According to my USPS Informed Delivery dashboard >>>>>
I have an INBOUND parcel from SOUTH LANCASTER, MASS which when I Googled it >>>> is adjacent to CLINTON, MASS!
I have no idea if it's from Ketchen, but I'd say it's quite a coincidence...
EVERYBODY ELSE SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY INBOUNDS FROM THERE!

Hi Ron,....I finally figured out what happened,.... you sent the inquiry to my little used yahoo email address at the bottom of my "old" signature from when you didn't need a paid subscription to edit it.

Funds are still tight for me (the Patent Lawyer more than doubled initial estimate up to $12,500+ so far and counting! :-( , but someday I will buy a subscription here as I'd like to be able to sell some knives down the line without paying ebay fees.

I can't change my signature currently at the bottom of all my posts, but the email on my profile page is correct,... as well as my instruction to google Ti Rod Tactical to get current contact info.

Anyway, since I started the business 2 years ago I mostly use the Ti Rod Tactical email, since I have to check it 10 or more times a day anyway.

So that's what happened,...and I'll get you out a stick soon to boot. :)

re-sent email!

Last edited:
HEY FELLAS! :D:D:D

According to my USPS Informed Delivery dashboard >>>>>
I have an INBOUND parcel from SOUTH LANCASTER, MASS which when I Googled it >>>> is adjacent to CLINTON, MASS!
I have no idea if it's from Ketchen, but I'd say it's quite a coincidence...
EVERYBODY ELSE SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY INBOUNDS FROM THERE!
Let's hope he finally woke up... I don't have that function for usps inbound packages but no emails from Steve saying he sent me anything... if he does it had better have a set he of new scales on it as he has already cashed the check. Keep us posted.

Let's hope he finally woke up... I don't have that function for usps inbound packages but no emails from Steve saying he sent me anything... if he does it had better have a set he of new scales on it as he has already cashed the check. Keep us posted.
Ernest, go to this USPS link and see if Informed Delivery service is offered in your area.
It's pretty useful, it gives you a snapshot of mail envelopes inbound to your address and updates you of packages/parcels that have shipped to your address >>>> no tracking number needed for you from the shipper, it updates automatically-- you just have to log in and check it...pretty cool, IMHO

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

My package is due to be delivered tomorrow!

This is what's running thru my mind currently: :confused:

1. Best case scenario >>>> my 4 knives are in the parcel, 3 of them with sketchen custom scales :cool::thumbsup:

2. Next best case scenario >>>> my 4 knives are in the parcel, still NIB, but with no handles, and my Ctek is in there too.:)

3. Worst case scenario >>>> there's a turd in the parcel and no knives:poop::mad:

4. Ultimate worst case scenario >>>> Ketchen has turned into Unabomber jr and it's a pipe bomb loaded with carpet tacks and 1/4" washers!:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks Pete mission accomplished... no package coming my way... he may be working from oldest to newest. If you go silent we know what happened... keep us informed ... and let's hope if this is Ketchen he has done the right thing and put new scales on your babies. I am wondering if the Detective informed him that we were sending pictures and value of our property?

I suggest making a video of the whole process of getting the package from the mailbox, opening, and showing all contents. If something isn't right you'll have evidence you didn't tamper with the package before reporting it. Don't put it past the dude to send some Ozark Trail knives then tell the detective he sent the right stuff and you switched it to set him up! I've seen it happen before and lack of evidence isn't going to help anyone.

Nothing on the informed delivery for me. However, I have another package in their possession for a Monday delivery and it doesn't show either, so we'll see. You folks will be the second to know if my knife shows up.

If something does show up from him, I will definitely take JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin s advice and film the opening.

joejeweler joejeweler , thank you for your incredibly generous offer. That's very kind of you sir.

I do hope this is a light at the end of a dark tunnel.

Now, has anybody got any advice on how I go about paying him-- aside from the obvious paypal G&S?

Any added layers of security needed outside what's offered via PayPal? TIA

Only thing ATM that I notice that's "off" is the CTek isn't buffed out...but I've got a big ol jar o' Mothers that I can slick em up real good with and make em *POP*:cool:...I like that kinda thing, it's therapeutic for me. :)

Looking forward to your opinion of a 1 or 2 (3 and 4 are, happily, out of the running ;)).

Now, has anybody got any advice on how I go about paying him-- aside from the obvious paypal G&S?

Any added layers of security needed outside what's offered via PayPal? TIA
Pete a cashiers check is a good way... you can take a picture of it to record the serial Nr.... the bank can track it and provide proof that it has been cashed...it is a paid amount and won't bounce... they can trace the checks entire history date issued, amount.. date cashed.. and endorsement signature

The knives look good from the quick glimpse I got. One down a few more to go. This is a much better resolution than I was expecting... now go fondle.

I am simply flabbergasted by what I just saw in that video. I am very happy for you Petey.

I have no idea if there's a box inbound with my knives, or if any of them will be modded. Usually Steve and I would have a number of emails back and forth agreeing on the final design. I am stunned that he finished up so many of these without any communication with anyone... I am stunned that he is still able to work apparently and all of this has transpired. I might need therapy for this.

I am simply flabbergasted by what I just saw in that video. I am very happy for you Petey.

I have no idea if there's a box inbound with my knives, or if any of them will be modded. Usually Steve and I would have a number of emails back and forth agreeing on the final design. I am stunned that he finished up so many of these without any communication with anyone... I am stunned that he is still able to work apparently and all of this has transpired. I might need therapy for this.

sign up for USPS Informed Delivery as I suggested to Ernest...and check for packages out of South Lancaster, MA
here's the link to see if it's available in your area...I bet it is!
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

PeteyTwoPointOne PeteyTwoPointOne I'm glad that this worked out so well and I hope my suggestion to video the process either doesn't need to be used because it's all resolved, or that it squashed any other issues without further headache. I was hopeful but pessimistic about any knife recovery. I hope all parties finally get their resolution in whatever capacity that they can finally get it off their mind. The stress and irritation associated with having someone rip you off and take advantage of you is very unhealthy.

Everything I had commissioned Ketchen to do was carried out except for drilling out the factory Chappie handles to match the custom ones-- no problem, but I just want it noted for the record.

On a high note, Ketchen had promised to gift me a custom Military with green swirl Kirinite handles of his making that I had previously wanted him to sell me outright. He said he'd give it to me for being so patient...and he came thru on that promise-- I want that noted for posterity, also.

I'd like to think Ketchen would have done everything he promised without police involvement, but I don't know. My emotions right now are all over the board.

I'm still mad for having to go thru this process with the stress and time involved.:mad:

I'm pleased that my property was returned with the work I'd set out to have done. And up to sketchen's usual high standards-- besides the lack of high polish on the Ctek & Chappy side job. :)

Pete did you send him a Prepaid Mailer?

yup, but he opted for his own packaging for whatever reason...note: he added almost $31.00 postage <probably insurance>.

just to add, I have 3 different mailing addresses for Ketchen and it could have been I sent my prepaid mailer to one that's defunct also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back