• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Strider Knives, Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES, Chuck was there according to Mick.

Yes, he is paid for attendance, air fare, lodging as is Marchinko.

I will add that one of Mick's coments to me in our converstation WAS do you think Chuck would hang out with a PHONEY ?

I answered YES I do, if there was enough money to make it worth his while...

In my circles we have a word for that. We call that a "WHORRIOR"....

TA DA !

While I am dissapointed in the outcome of this situation, I will continue to be a friend to Duane and Mick.
I said probably 50 pages ago I would not say anything further in this thread but I had to say this....
That post, actually made me feel sick in my stomach. To call a man like Chuck Mahwinnie a whore is abomidable. You cannot know the entire situation or what Chucks motives or knowledge of anyone is.

Now you guys can say whatever you like about me, I dont really care, and will not offer anything back, so have a blast.

Tamishigiri - Again this thread has been about Dwayne Dwyer, I see no need for calling a decorated Marine Sniper a whore.

I am fairly certain its just a matter of time before investigations into those military contracts they have are underway and I will not be at all surprised if those contracts are pulled and there may be further investigation into contracts they signed to see if they are infact accurate. They better just hope they are is all I can say. Knowing what we know now I'd have to say Strider is undeserving of those military contracts whether the contracts are accurate or not though and I venture to say that any politician or person that has power or oversight on those matters is going to feel exactly the same way. All its going to take is one powerful person to say, hey, what the hell are we awarding military contracts to phonies for and the plug could be pulled on that for good folks and when they are its milliions! I don't think we have a clue as to the domino effect this could develop into folks.

STR

STR, you're absolutely correct. The investigation is not over and has really just begun. There is alot more to the Big Picture than just being a Military Poser.

I am sure you remember Peter Jennings (RIP) of ABC News, he had the segment: The Fleecing of America. Do you think DWYER and Company fleeced the American Tax Payer out of thousands? Not only has he fleeced the small time and indivdual buyer but he has fleeced the US Government. How many contract were awarded based on their Resume?

And, someone earlier had mentioned the: Law Enforcement Training that DWYER has provided. My God, can you imagine some poor Officer on the witness stand explaining his: DWYER taught Sniper Training after he has been accused of and on trial for an Unlawful Shooting or Unlawful Use of Force Violation. Poor Cop.....

This is just a mess and these two BOZO's have screwed the public big time. Just keep one thing in mind: THIS IS NOT ABOUT KNIVES, ITS ABOUT HONESTY AND INTEGRITY and neither of the two have any.

Stay Tuned Folks, More To Come............

Not in my opinion until he:

1. Apologizes for dishonoring my beloved Corps, real Scout Snipers, and all Combat Veterans.

2. Makes a full disclosure of his real bio. (not just saying "okay, I wasn't a Marine Scout Sniper".)

Using "Stolen Valor" to market a product or a company is disgraceful.

So much for Semper Fidelis.

I had a full page post that explained in detail exactly how I feel about the whole thing and it chimes nicely with your comments. But I then decided that the people that don't 'get it' will never 'get it', so I edited and just left that one line.

Tamishigiri - Again this thread has been about Dwayne Dwyer, I see no need for calling a decorated Marine Sniper a whore.

Unfortunately Chuck Mawhinney has damaged his good name by being forever associated with a group of posers. For a few bucks and his name on a knife he will likely forever be associated with the liars who own Strider knives instead of the hero that he is.

Maybe one day he will realize that he was USED in a wholesale marketing effort to lend credibility to Strider knives. Just like many other soldiers, knifemakers, and other unwitting accomplices who have voraciously defended Burger and Poland in the face of the truth.

YES, Chuck was there according to Mick.

Yes, he is paid for attendance, air fare, lodging as is Marchinko.

I will add that one of Mick's coments to me in our converstation WAS do you think Chuck would hang out with a PHONEY ?

I answered YES I do, if there was enough money to make it worth his while...

In my circles we have a word for that. We call that a "WHORRIOR"....

TA DA !

OK, "In your circles".. that is the word you use.... simple and clear.

While I am dissapointed in the outcome of this situation, I will continue to be a friend to Duane and Mick.
I said probably 50 pages ago I would not say anything further in this thread but I had to say this....
That post, actually made me feel sick in my stomach. To call a man like Chuck Mahwinnie a whore is abomidable. You cannot know the entire situation or what Chucks motives or knowledge of anyone is.

Now you guys can say whatever you like about me, I dont really care, and will not offer anything back, so have a blast.

As well you should continue to be a friend to them.... I am sure they will need support during this dakr hour.

But you both seem to have a problem with the word Lance used to describe the type behavior Chuck M seems to have exhibited. What word would you two use ?

More importantly though, I would like to know the word or words that the peers of Chuck M. would use to describe his association with the two that have caused this mess.

That is who I for one would be interested in hearing from....... his fellow Marines.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting web surfing today, threads being locked, SOCNET itself being attacked.

Kool-Aid must be highly addictive????

SOCNET attacked, do tell!

Here's the fall out from this;

1. Does the Buck - Strider collaboration end?
2. Does SOCOM (And their elements) continue to buy Striders?

Actually interesting point in the case of the SOCOM knife; Strider didn't design it, a SOCOM guy did. Unfortunately he was killed in action afterwards. Who owns the knife design? If you look at the Strider web site Mick claims that the knife was 'developed' by him. To you knife makers and such what is the difference between 'designed' and 'developed' legally?

I have to second the sentiments expressed by Trace. As a former Marine scout/sniper, I have nothing but the highest respect and admiration for a man such as Chuck Mawhinny. For a civilian with ZERO military experience to call him a whore is far worse than any other actions discussed in this thread.

In a particularly apt quotation, let us remember what Joseph Welch said when talking to a very similar person: "You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency?"

I have to second the sentiments expressed by Trace. As a former Marine scout/sniper, I have nothing but the highest respect and admiration for a man such as Chuck Mawhinny. For a civilian with ZERO military experience to call him a whore is far worse than any other actions discussed in this thread.

In a particularly apt quotation, let us remember what Joseph Welch said when talking to a very similar person: "You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency?"

How about you? Are you now finally done being an ammo runner for the Strider guys?

Come on, Its known that, you can accumulate years of ATTA BOY'S and just one AH SHIT can wipe the slate clean.

Yes, Chuck Mawhinney was a Hero and rates the respect of one. But he has prostituted his INTEGRITY for $$$$$$$$$$$. Furthermore, he has severly damaged his reputation by the friends he keeps.

He is not a WHORE as they do it for free. PROSTITUE is the key word here and yes, he does charge.

You guys should stop impugning Mawhinny. He might not even know what resume puffery has been going on.

i choose not to judge people. the facts are out. everyone must make their own choices reguarding this matter.

Mawhinney was not the subject of this thread, and should not become the subject of this thread.

Though this does point directly to the biggest problem the lies have caused, everyone associated with Strider is now going to deal with it. Honest people may have been fooled, dishonest people may have colluded. But I don't think accusing them off the bat helps. If Mick & Duane were what they claimed, who would have faulted Mawhinney for dealing with them?

To say that someone prostitutes themselves by allowing their name to be placed on a product does not address at all the honesty of the business partners. If any production company like Kershaw, Benchmade, Spyderco, et al had come out with a Mawhinney knife, would that be 'whoring' himself out?

You guys should stop impugning Mawhinny. He might not even know what resume puffery has been going on.
Good point, he might have been in the dark ????
I guess time will tell fairly quick now though... since it isn't "dark" any more....

Gentlebeings, a lot of people have been fooled. We here at Bladeforums were fooled. We provided a forum for Strider Knives -- we had no clue. I think just about everybody who has posted in this thread was fooled -- some realized we were being fooled sooner than others, but we were all fooled just the same. Few (if any) of us here are in any position to point the finger at anyone and say anything like, "I don't believe you could have been fooled -- I think you were bribed."

If you're going to put everybody who ever believed in Mick Strider & Duane Dwyer & Strider Knife Company on your enemy list, you're going to have a very long enemy list.

I forgot to THANK Mr. Cougar Allen for allowing the process.

Also for tolerating my STYLE, SYNTAX and ?

:D

OK, "In your circles".. that is the word you use.... simple and clear.

As well you should continue to be a friend to them.... I am sure they will need support during this dakr hour.

But you both seem to have a problem with the word Lance used to describe the type behavior Chuck M seems to have exhibited. What word would you two use ?

More importantly though, I would like to know the word or words that the peers of Chuck M. would use to describe his association with the two that have caused this mess.

That is who I for one would be interested in hearing from....... his fellow Marines.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it's ok to insult a decorated Marine Sniper who served honorably in Vietnam just because he is endorsing a knife? What he is doing may not agree with you, but it in no way calls for him being called a whore.

I have no idea what Mr. Mahwinny's relationship is with Strider Knives is, so I cannot venture a guess in describing their business relationship. I don't know if his knife endorsement is done to help a friend or for purely financial reasons.

Main Entry:
1whore Listen to the pronunciation of 1whore Listen to the pronunciation of 1whore
Pronunciation:
\ˈhȯr, ˈhu̇r\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English hore, from Old English hōre; akin to Old Norse hōra whore, hōrr adulterer, Latin carus dear — more at charity
Date:
before 12th century

1: a woman who engages in sexual acts for money : prostitute; also : a promiscuous or immoral woman
2: a male who engages in sexual acts for money
3: a venal or unscrupulous person

I think we can rule out the #1 & #2 definitions, as such this only leaves definition #3. In my opinion, I don't think he is an unscrupulous or venal person just because he endorses a Strider knife.

I neither condemn or condone Duane Dwyer. I only know a small amount of the story & I don't think it is my place to judge his actions.

My complaint here has mostly been with Tamishigiri/Lance. He clearly has an agenda to hurt Strider Knives & anyone who is associated or supports them. He's not here to make posts about the "Truth" he is here to inflict harm. The fact that his posts may contain truth is circumspect to his chance to revel in any Strider Knives misfortune. Right now there are a lot of people hurt over all these accusations & Lance seems to be enjoying their misery.

Its obvious this will NEVER end. I am horrified at myself for even bringing Chucks name up before, but Im sure you all would have dredged it up on your own.

I guess Chuck has to die in abject poverty to gain your respect as Mr. Hathcock did.
If Mr. Mawhinny made some money, or got free fare to a show, that instantly makes him a prostitute and or a whore? Im sorry but like I said you cant possibly know his motives, or what he knows or knew about anyone, or what he made or didnt make on the word of a man with an agenda. Im am almost certain we will not be seeing ANY of these guys on the History channel as you will Chuck. I guess "books" and Myspace is cool enough nowadays.

I will now let you "men" jump back on your chariots and continue to drag Duane, and Chuck around the city. Achillies would be proud, but I find it disgusting.

Like I said, if this is all true I am dissapointed, but it doesnt change anything for me. WHat you guys think of me doesnt change a thing. I havent taken an order on a knife for over 2 years, Im not looking for business. I just think its appauling the lengths people will go to when they have an axe to grind.

You guys knock yourselves out.. Im going to go watch the Superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back