Super polished edges

Great pic! What angle did you use on this one?
Thanks, Halden. On this one I just replicated the factory angle. Just covered the factory secondary with black marker, matched it & went to town. I'm guessing it's roughly 21º. Then I bumped up 3º and put a "whafer thin" micro on it. Since I didn't reprofile this one way down, like I usually do, it was much quicker. The whole thing probably took about 45 min., starting at 400 grit instead of my usual 120.

Last edited:
Thanks, Halden. On this one I just replicated the factory angle. Just covered the factory secondary with black marker, matched it & went to town. I'm guessing its roughly 21º. Then I bumped up 3º and put a "whafer thin" micro on it.

Nice, that's what it looked like. I profiled mine back to 15 degrees and it is a bit wider, lol.

IMG_20170527_121150-X2.jpg

I'm sure this has been asked in the thread before but I'm too lazy to search..what micron are you guys generally finishing on?
I finish at 1000 grit then strop with "green compound" on the knife plus strip block (not even sure if it has a micron rating) my edges are mirror with my current set-up but they are liquid mirror is that makes sense?

Maybe I'm just not stropping enough? To be honest I only spend about 2 mins with my strop..

Let me know and thanks in advanced !

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been asked in the thread before but I'm too lazy to search..what micron are you guys generally finishing on?
I finish at 1000 grit then strop with "green compound" on the knife plus strip block (not even sure if it has a micron rating) my edges are mirror with my current set-up but they are liquid mirror is that makes sense?

Maybe I'm just not stropping enough? To be honest I only spend about 2 mins with my strop..

Let me know and thanks in advanced !

1000 grit on what stone/system?

I'm not an edge pro expert, but I hear that getting the polishing tapes really helps up the level of polish you can get on that system.
Ehh thanks for the reply but I've heard nothing good come from the tapes lol. Sounds like I'll just get a 4K shapton glass or something

Get the edge pro polishing stones. They have gotten rave reviews from a lot of people. The tapes aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be in my opinion. If used with a bit of finesse they last a long time and polish pretty nicely

I'm an Edge Pro user. After working up to & thru the 1000 grit stone I use the 2K, 3K & 6K polishing tapes on glass backed blanks. I'm happy with the results I get with them. I strop only after some use, when I need to lightly refine the apex to get back to laser sharpness.

Back