1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 51 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 21 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 50 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, Cold Steel Stickers & Boker Tree Brand Hat , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by ncrockclimb, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Just opened my Instagram at lunch. Mr. Seifert is holding the very first ever GSO 12 fresh off the bevel grinder.
    Aren't there customers in the queue who PAID IN FULL still waiting on their knives from YEARS ago?
    Shouldn't he be finishing those orders? Oh, that's right, members here have already explained the vaporware sales and the selling of knives two or three times that don't exist and never will.
    Great news for the fanboys and shills. The secondary market will have some for sale in the coming days at double the price, and the "seconds" will be on the website soon, ready to purchase, as long as you're willing to wait "up to 90 days" for "assembly". IIRC, these retailed at about $350.00 so that will be another HUGE infusion of cash on those sales. I guess they'll have a nice Christmas.
    I also noticed there was no place to leave a comment on Instagram for his post. At least for me there wasn't. ;)

2. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Absolutely disgusting. That, that right there is why those scumbags Guy and Ellie got their asses kicked out of here. You've hit it 100% on the head. Someone who ordered a knife 4 years ago should be asking "Why was the steel (that I paid for) used to make a GSO 12, and not my knife? Why did Guy take some unstated amount of time from the 1,440 minutes he's given on this earth every day in making THAT knife when I've been waiting for years for my knife I already paid in full for? Where did the money I paid those years ago go? What did they buy/pay for instead of getting me my knife?"

This is why they have shrunk their social media presence to just small avenues they can control. They have blocked quite a few people on IG for daring to ask questions like those, and it's not just you. No one can comment on their IG posts, because these exact questions would probably make up 90% of the responses.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  3. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    They should be booted off Instagram too. :thumbsup:

4. Organic556

Organic556 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2015
    We can all report their page as inappropriate. See if the Instagram algorithm works.

5. LizaMari

LizaMari Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Yes, in the drop down for "Reason for report" the "Scam or Fraud" choice seems to be the appropriate one.

6. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Aaahhhhh, got to smack around one of the old guard apologists in Gen Pop. It's like some people keep hoping all of this will just blow over and people will forget all that S?K has done. It always gives me a smile when I see this thread still near the top of this section.

Organic556, craytab, LizaMari and 3 others like this.
  7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I had some time to kill the other night and took a read through some of the threads in their now closed forum. To some degree it is almost comical but also infuriating and I am NOT financially invested !!! To me it looked like a combination of a shell game and Stockholm Syndrome among some of the regulars. It's worth noting that some of the loudest voices carrying the torch for Survive? have also fallen away from the forum along with them.

danbot and sharp thoughts like this.
  8. Hale Storm

Sep 18, 2013
    I noticed that too. I don’t see some of the old S!K guys around anymore.

sharp thoughts and Quiet like this.
  9. mjw88

mjw88 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    The survive website is reopened for preorders on various sk and gso models. Full payment up front, with no expected delivery date. Should give them the funds to put out the 2015 orders. Maybe.

10. Hale Storm

Sep 18, 2013
    More than likely it's just to generate some Christmas cash. If they were worried about those orders from 2015, they wouldn't be working on anything else, especially putting out the first model of the GSO 12!

sharp thoughts, Quiet and mjw88 like this.