• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

These guys are shameless
Even their disclaimer on the "available" models is a blatant lie.
I made the mistake of ordering a factory second late October
It's now 110 days and order still "awaiting fulfilment"
Can't even get a hold of them...emailed multiple times since 2 weeks ago. All I get is an automatic reply.
They basically leave 0 course of action for paying customers..0 explanation. Just lies...
fkn thieves

These guys are shameless
Can't even get a hold of them...emailed multiple times since 2 weeks ago. All I get is an automatic reply.
They basically leave 0 course of action for paying customers..0 explanation. Just lies...
fkn thieves

I would suggest that you immediately contact your CC company and dispute the charges. I would also file a report with the BBB.

These guys are shameless
fkn thieves

Call CC co immediately. Hate to see them get any more money for nothing.

These guys are shameless
fkn thieves

Call the shop. You'll likely get a person since they won't know who you are yet. Let them know you are recording the phone for call for quality assurance purposes. Let them lie to you right there on the phone and tell you your knife will ship out "this week" or "in a couple weeks". Go ahead and ask about being 50+ days beyond the 60 days they promised when you PAID IN FULL. Demand shipping info and a tracking number by the end of the day or your next call will be the state attorney generals office, fraud division. Then call the BBB and file a complaint.

I just cannot understand how the state can't step in and do something about this blatant consumer fraud.

These guys are shameless
fkn thieves

This might help.

The federal Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule also covers purchases made over the Internet. Unless otherwise indicated, this rule requires that the merchandise must be delivered within 30 days. The company must notify you if the merchandise cannot be delivered within that time frame.

Office of the Attorney General Idaho Consumer Protection Manual LAWRENCE WASDEN Attorney General of Idaho 700 West Jefferson Street Boise, ID 83720-0010 www.ag.idaho.gov

State of Idaho
Office of the Attorney General
700 W. Jefferson Street, Suite 210
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0010

You can also reach us by phone at 208-334-2400.

These guys are shameless
fkn thieves

Dispute the charges, friend. You'll never see that money or the knife if you don't.

Unfortunately I paid with paypal and I'm not sure if I can dispute that after 3 months
Also, I was one of the dumb ones who fell for their "renewed approach" and "Starter program"
So I had some store credit with them that I used towards this "available now" product..so basically even if I manage to dispute the half from paypal, I probably won't ever see the other half.

It just annoys me that they blatantly ignore all emails.
Checkout their auto-reply:
"Thank you for contacting SURVIVE!. We are currently a two person team that spends most of our time in the shop making knives. It is very important to us that we answer each of your emails, but sometimes the hours get away from us. While we cannot watch the inbox 24/7 like a larger company, you will get a reply from Guy or Ellie as we get caught up.

In the meantime, we have setup some resources where you can find answers for common questions. Visit our News & Information tab on the SURVIVE! Website for details"

Nobody asked them to "watch the inbox 24/7" but they haven't responded to anything i emailed 2-3 weeks ago.
How do they live with themselves seriously...

Unfortunately I paid with paypal and I'm not sure if I can dispute that after 3 months
Also, I was one of the dumb ones who fell for their "renewed approach" and "Starter program"
So I had some store credit with them that I used towards this "available now" product..so basically even if I manage to dispute the half from paypal, I probably won't ever see the other half.

"Thank you for contacting SURVIVE!. We are currently a two person team that spends most of our time in the shop making knives. It is very important to us that we answer each of your emails, but sometimes the hours get away from us. While we cannot watch the inbox 24/7 like a larger company, you will get a reply from Guy or Ellie as we get caught up.

In the meantime, we have setup some resources where you can find answers for common questions. Visit our News & Information tab on the SURVIVE! Website for details"

Nobody asked them to "watch the inbox 24/7" but they haven't responded to anything i emailed 2-3 weeks ago.

PayPal's window to dispute a transaction is 180 days. Do it.

Leon, IIRC Survive! has a long history with disgruntled customers getting refunds from PayPal. I think that at one point Ellie stated that PayPal was holding a large sum of Survive!'s money due to so many people asking for refunds. I would be willing to bet that PayPal will process your refund given Survive!'s history.

Based on Leon's experience, S!K is once again doing the same thing that they have been doing since 2013. Here are some excerpts of a post Guy made in 2014:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...t-here-reopened.1129652/page-26#post-13220475

"...We are getting on top of things and quickly...

...All I want is for you to have high quality tools, that you can use and enjoy for a lifetime, not wait a lifetime to get them...

...This is a new year and we're putting our best foot forward. I'm not saying that we won't experience growing pains in the future but the worst is certainly behind us. We have lots of exciting stuff on the production schedule and we're kicking the standard up even higher....

...Beginning with the new site launch, you will only be able to order things on the site that are in the shop and ready for immediate build or finished items that are boxed and ready to ship. We aren't doing any more preorder promotions of any kind. Ever. Production delays should be our frustration, not yours..."

Does this sound familiar? It is now 6 years later and they are doing the same things. S!K has been telling anyone that would listen that big changes are just around the corner since 2014, and yet they have yet to deliver production knives that customers purchased in 2015...

Take the advice given and take action now rather than wait it out . I’ve learned the hard way myself and have lost money due to it. Same thing happen to me with a factory second. A lot of the actions to resolve have a limited window of opportunity , so it’s best to get it done sooner. Make claim with the BBB and contact Paypal to start with.

My favorite quote from Guy himself from 2-19-2014. Exactly 6 years ago today. I'd quote my second favorite about transparency but that would be beating a dead horse wouldn't it?

"Beginning with the new site launch, you will only be able to order things on the site that are in the shop and ready for immediate build or finished items that are boxed and ready to ship. We aren't doing any more preorder promotions of any kind. Ever. Production delays should be our frustration, not yours.

My favorite quote from Guy himself from 2-19-2014. Exactly 6 years ago today. I'd quote my second favorite about transparency but that would be beating a dead horse wouldn't it?

"Beginning with the new site launch, you will only be able to order things on the site that are in the shop and ready for immediate build or finished items that are boxed and ready to ship. We aren't doing any more preorder promotions of any kind. Ever. Production delays should be our frustration, not yours.
..... I almost miss them having a forum here at times...that would have been gold to post up and give it's birthday wishes to !!

"As we look ahead, toward a future where the business is even larger, we’re finding ourselves less and less able to be excited about it. Rather than continuing down this path indefinitely, we're making the decision to wrap up our current promises, then take a step back to breathe and appreciate life for a bit."

HAHAHAHAAHAHAA! Seriously? How about their past promises? Has everyone promised a knife in the past gotten theirs yet?

Craytab said it perfectly. "What a load of crap." :poop::poop::poop:

The post starts with them taking a step back when their years long backlog is completed somehow by the end of this year, except that the second to last paragraph is rather telling, orders are still being taken for pre order slots (Hurry! Hurry! Before they are all gone!). All to be finished by year's end?

It's called cashing out. Take in a bunch of orders, Deposit the money and close up shop or file bankruptcy to focus on your 'Other life interests' until the money gets low then reopen under the typical new brand/new management scheme because they are quite simply financially unable to meet all of their past commitments. They have no financial reserves, this is a proven fact. They have been surviving off of loans and pre orders since they opened the doors. Whenever they need money there are always so called Seconds available or a new drawing of the next vaporware model is available to pre order.

If you still have money tied up with these fools now would be a great time to get it back or write it off as a loss. At this point even their most die hard fan boys should be able to figure out their scheme. As they have always done, They are relying on an influx of new orders in order to pay the bills between the time they close shop and reopen, or more likely, sellout to Millit and become an 'employee'.

Back