• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Your situation is very close to my own. I also noticed your conversation and when it was deleted.

Unfortunately, I have $912 across 3 unfulfilled orders dating back in 2020 and 2021. Originally this was for a GSO12, Vendetta 5, and a TSK.

I have tried to cancel the orders numerous times over the past couple of years with no response whatsoever. So, in an effort to try and get *something* for the money, I managed to get a response out of "Tyler" back on Feb 14 of this year to change my orders for the Vendetta and TSK into a EDC 4 in K890 and issue a refund for the difference. I suggested to keep the GSO12 for now on good faith (yeah right). I was *promised* Ellie would be refunding the difference, and of course that hasn't happened. Even more insulting is that the order for the EDC4 transitioned to "built" after a week, and is stuck there ever since.
I had one outstanding order for a 3V 5.1. When accusation with crucible happened, I finally conceded to the fact ide never get it. I asked to be sent an “in stock” edc4 instead and went back and forth with Tyler via email. Between the back and forth and the delayed responses the flat grind blade I asked for conveniently went unavailable. I finally demanded a refund and I am glad I did because then I found the “fired from peters” comments.

A new employee “Lucinda” replied to my email and said my order is “in for refund” and that I should have my money back by the end of the month. We will see and I will update.

I think the end is near (and it cant come fast enough) and Guy first tried to get free materials out of crucible so try to squeeze the last amount of cash possible and since they wouldnt send any, he is likely attempting to lay the foundation for bankruptcy and blame crucible.

I didnt see which knife shop was mentioned and edited out earlier in this thread, but I can tell you if it is who I think it is, the owner Sean is a 100% standup guy. They are a shop 20 min from me and 40 min from Gettysburg. He placed orders like 8 years ago when survive first started and has only ever gotten a handful of what he actually ordered. I think he ordered the same time that BHQ was trying to carry S!K.

Not implying any subterfuge. Just pointing out that thousands (I'm assuming) of people are seeing the Survive! name/brand at the very top of the Knife Exchange page every single day. Whether or not they are reading the thread, they are seeing their name. Perhaps that free press is not in line with what they deserve. That's all I'm saying.
Everyone can see the big "BAD" logo right next to it though?

Shhhh....
200w.gif

....I didnt see which knife shop was mentioned and edited out earlier in this thread, but I can tell you if it is who I think it is, the owner Sean is a 100% standup guy. They are a shop 20 min from me and 40 min from Gettysburg. He placed orders like 8 years ago when survive first started and has only ever gotten a handful of what he actually ordered. I think he ordered the same time that BHQ was trying to carry S!K.
Wherever they say 'Illin', replace with 'Shillin' 😂

You've seen through the subterfuge.

We have obtained evidence from unnamed but reliable informants that the members posting in this thread have actually received multiple knives from Survive! which they were provided as compensation for keeping the thread going.

Thank you. Thank you for finally getting the truth out there.

I did a thing. 😂

More to come within the next few weeks.

Why throw that out there then?!?!?

Gonna drive me nuts now...

Haha! Something to look forward to in case this demise drags on for awhile.

It’s a three step process that will take about a month or so. I’ll have the first update within a few weeks. Hopefully sooner, but not at all likely.

Last edited:
Also, if someone in here has been a member for at LEAST three years, has paid for a Survive! Knives knife at LEAST two years ago, and has not gotten their knife, or a refund, and can PROVE that they’ve made multiple good faith attempts to receive one…. I’d like to speak to you in a PM.

I just need to hear from one person, so post in the thread before you PM me so I don’t get a flood of messages from all the people who have been scammed. 😖

Not implying any subterfuge. Just pointing out that thousands (I'm assuming) of people are seeing the Survive! name/brand at the very top of the Knife Exchange page every single day. Whether or not they are reading the thread, they are seeing their name. Perhaps that free press is not in line with what they deserve. That's all I'm saying.
I'd like to say that finding this thread helped me to know some of the history of S!K and the fact that I may likely never get the knife I ordered, so I was able to initiate a dispute through my credit card and get my money back instead of waiting too long. And the "BAD" and "Hall of Shame" in the title is bit of a clue. So thank you BladeForums for this thread.

No, that's not all you are saying. You think us talking about them is helping them get customers, and thus, keeping survive a float and helping them scam more people. That's the deductive reasoning based on your comments.

And you may not be wrong, for a few extremely dumb individuals. That said, I believe the vast majority of people who come across the information bladeforums is providing on survive, do not order from them after having a look. In fact, I'd argue that people go looking for info on survive after falling for a shill elsewhere, and find our threads here, realizing they've made a huge mistake and put in for a remedy.

Look, guy's lies and his shills are all over social media. We are just a voice of reason against all that. Without us, and a few other voices like creely, guy would freely be able to propagate his con-artistry. Suggesting that our speaking up might be part of the problem seems awfully short-sided.

Seems like if you boil it down to its essence...

Survive! Knives: A problem not in search of a solution

I think there will be more information coming down the pike in reasonably short order.

...Suggesting that our speaking up might be part of the problem seems awfully short-sided.

I'm certainly not suggesting that at all. I'm merely noting the borderline irony of this thread being so incredible active and lengthy (now approaching 6,000 posts and bumped up several times each day) that it may be reaching the point of being counter productive. It's one thing for people to speak up, it's another thing when it becomes a long term spectacle. There are parallels here with current media coverage of certain individuals. If you hate them so much, why don't you just stop talking about them.... That sort of thing.

My intention with my earlier comments was not to kick any hornets nest. Just sharing my thoughts as someone who had never even heard of Survive!, but now sees their name at the top of the page every single day.

If you hate them so much, why don't you just stop talking about them.... That sort of thing.
I've got no skin in the game, no money lost, but I'll just say that sometimes ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.

20yard, you're relatively new hereabouts. Beating things to death is just part of the culture and a time-honored tradition.

It's understandable that you haven't wrapped your head around it, yet. (Give it time.)

20yard, you're relatively new hereabouts. Beating things to death is just part of the culture and a time-honored tradition.

It's understandable that you haven't wrapped your head around it, yet. (Give it time.)
Keep shooting, stabbing, beating, choking, drowning, etc until no longer a threat….🤪

Back