• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Funny I've worked with people who always had issues with the tools. They could never sit down and work they were always dicking around with their bench setup and their tools.

Balance that with the knowledge people actually make fantastic knives with basic hand tools= The bovine fecal matter is deep.

Looks like Survive Knives is releasing 2 new limited edition models - get your preorder in now.
New newsletter out, these guys are out of control.

They only mention. Millet Knives 8 times (seriously, 8 times). Newsletter reads like a bad breakup post on Facebook.

Must be frustrating for people waiting on knives to see them advertising new stuff to pre-order.

These are a very small batch of knives that are near completion in production. We are currently accepting reservations for the first 50 knives from each run, with a total of only 75-80 of each model being produced. Every knife in this limited run will be individually numbered.

The blades have already been machined and heat treated. Handle machining fixtures have also already been made and materials are waiting to be cut once the new waterjet is running next week. These will be bevel ground in just a few weeks, when our new 5 axis mill arrives.

These were originally designed to be Millit Knives branded models. Since that relationship didn't work out, it is unlikely these will be produced again.

Yes, we know you have questions
These designs were a collaborative effort between Guy and TJ Schwarz, of Schwarz Design, and were created to be Millit Knives branded models. The plan was for the Tac 4 and Tac 5 to be produced using SURVIVE! materials and assets, with Millit Knives contributing labor and the use of their brand name in exchange for sales based royalties. The knives were going to be sold through the Knife Syndicate.

Wondering about the Knife Syndicate now? The idea was to begin giving Millit Knives additional value as a brand, as we worked toward our goal of consolidating our two companies into what we hoped at the time would be one larger and more capable manufacturing entity, the Knife Syndicate. "Millit Knives" and "SURVIVE!" would both continue as brands under the Knife Syndicate umbrella.

With the relationship not working out and Millit Knives moving on to pursue their own opportunities instead, the Knife Syndicate is currently a stalled concept. It was agreed that Millit's labor expenses for these projects would go toward their owed rent and the blades have been left with us to be completed. So what to do with these knives now?

We've decided to make them available to you! Quite frankly, Millit's departure did leave a lot of little holes around the shop that need to be filled for optimal efficiency. Smaller manual equipment to keep the machine shop moving smoothly, additional workbenches, a MASSIVE amount of tools and tooling needed for ramping up... Just a lot of random stuff. The sales from the Tac knives will go directly toward these items as well as new staff to start immediately scaling up production. We already have several promising leads being tested out this week!

The path forward is now clear. In the past, we lost a lot of precious time and energy, waiting and hoping that other service providers would be able to make knives to our high standards. As we move forward, we are the manufacturer, upholding our own standards and responsible for our own decisions. From sheets of raw steel to finished knives, we have all of the needed production capabilities in-house to meet our goals. We are bootstrapping (still) and getting knives moving (finally). The future is bright here at SURVIVE!

If you're not into the Tac Series there are also a lot of GSO Series knives currently in production. Check out our full range of knives when you have a moment.

Last but certainly not least, we want to extend a HUGE thanks to everyone for the kind words as we transition to becoming a full manufacturing company. From the old school die-hards to the newer folks who've only recently found us, your support and encouragement have meant more to us than you'll ever know.

- The SURVIVE! Team

Last edited:
Looks like Survive gets to keep the 2 new knife designs since Millet was behind on their rent.....wait!?! wasn't it Millet's shop not Survives? I'm getting confused here as the story keeps changing lol

Looks like Survive Knives is releasing 2 new limited edition models - get your preorder in now.

They only mention. Millet Knives 8 times (seriously, 8 times). Newsletter reads like a bad breakup post on Facebook.

Must be frustrating for people waiting on knives to see them advertising new stuff to pre-order.

This was such an entertaining read, as they try their hardest to throw Millit under the bus. I genuinely and deeply hope that Millit responds with a "newsletter" of their own, and explaining all the ways Guy is a scumbag, and a screwup. That would be awesome.

LOL, also:

"We've decided to make them available to you! Quite frankly, Millit's departure did leave a lot of little holes around the shop that need to be filled for optimal efficiency. Smaller manual equipment to keep the machine shop moving smoothly, additional workbenches, a MASSIVE amount of tools and tooling needed for ramping up... Just a lot of random stuff. The sales from the Tac knives will go directly toward these items as well as new staff to start immediately scaling up production. We already have several promising leads being tested out this week!"

Translation, we were broke, and didn't have any tools or machines of our own, so we've had to try to drum up money to replace everything Millit took with them.

Looks like Survive gets to keep the 2 new knife designs since Millet was behind on their rent.....wait!?! wasn't it Millet's shop not Survives? I'm getting confused here as the story keeps changing lol

Exactly, that schpiel was spin of the highest order, making it sound like S?K was the solvent one who was graciously allowing Millit to occupy THEIR space, instead of the other way around. It's disgusting, and if I were Millit, I would make SOME kind of a response.

I guess we now know what their next excuse for delays is going to be. And yes... it is frustrating. I want to be able to respond to their newsletter to everyone and say, "You're not going to get your knives for YEARS, if ever."

Exactly, that schpiel was spin of the highest order, making it sound like S?K was the solvent one who was graciously allowing Millit to occupy THEIR space, instead of the other way around. It's disgusting, and if I were Millit, I would make SOME kind of a response.

I almost wish that Millet sues the devil out of Survive, even though it would probably mean I lose money. It would almost be worth it to see them finally ended. Their whole business is a ponzi scheme of the highest order. If they didn't get new sales, they WOULD go bankrupt.

Great knives. However if I want a Survive, I just buy on the secondary market. They need to go visit a real knife making company in their own back yard, Esee/Rowen. Ask them how they take care of their customers as they're the future of the business. No customer cheating pre-paid pre-orders. Crazy that the credit card and paypal hasn't shut them down yet. I have a custom Skookum Bush Tool coming next week that was a 5+ year wait. This is made as a custom by one guy. F-Survive. Just had to vent

They need to go visit a real knife making company in their own back yard, Esee/Rowen.
Maybe work with a once reputable company like Millet.................

After all these years of lies and excuses it seems painfully obvious survive! knives is running a ponzi scheme and not an actual knife making business.

It would seem impossible to Not learn and Not make the knives. Unless you had no intention of ever doing it.

Last edited:
This probably won't be a very popular opinion. I wasn't tracking any of the old drama with Survive Knives.

My experience with them has been short but excellent. I contacted them with questions and got answers. I placed an order and it was shipped within the stated timelines on their website.

I'm not sure if I would have ordered from them after reading this thread, maybe. Leaning towards no. But after my recent experience with them I'm placing another order or two.

They're very very nice knives.

I can't speak to their past behavior but but it seems to me like they're sorting themselves out and getting products out.

This probably won't be a very popular opinion. I wasn't tracking any of the old drama with Survive Knives.

My experience with them has been short but excellent. I contacted them with questions and got answers. I placed an order and it was shipped within the stated timelines on their website.

I'm not sure if I would have ordered from them after reading this thread, maybe. Leaning towards no. But after my recent experience with them I'm placing another order or two.

I can't speak to their past behavior but but it seems to me like they're sorting themselves out and getting products out.

Was your order a pre-order or a second? I've got two that I've had on pre-order for 58 months. Yes, you read that correctly, 58 MONTHS!! Yes, I'm stupid. I SHOULD have cancelled those LONG ago. But TBH, I lost track how long they have been on order until I just looked when I start writing this reply.

THAT IS LUDICROUS!

Now, I will admit, I pre-ordered a 5.1 and got it within about 12 months. Still bad, and well beyond their stated delivery date. But not THAT bad. And I ordered a couple of pre-sale 4.7s and got them within about 30-45 days. That was still longer then they were stating for those, but not unreasonable.

BUT 5 FREAKIN' YEARS?!?!!!!!

So, all this being said, I'm emailing them either this afternoon or tomorrow and asking where the heck my 5-year-old orders are?!

That's a lot man, fuck. I'm definitely not trying to take away from the stress and frustration you guys and girls have gone through waiting on these blades.

I didn't pre-order or pick up a second. I got one that was listed as available on their website (I stay away from pre-orders myself).

One of their new employee's Jordyn seems on the ball and smashing out Emails and getting caught up and got back to me quick when I sent in questions. You should send an email and touch base with them to see where your order is at.

That's a lot man, fuck. I'm definitely not trying to take away from the stress and frustration you guys and girls have gone through waiting on these blades.

I didn't pre-order or pick up a second. I got one that was listed as available on their website (I stay away from pre-orders myself).

One of their new employee's Jordyn seems on the ball and smashing out Emails and getting caught up and got back to me quick when I sent in questions. You should send an email and touch base with them to see where your order is at.
Maybe next time you'll be the one waiting years for your knife, we'll see if your opinion changes then.

Yeah, I did exactly as I said: emailed them immediately after I finished my post above. Got an auto-reply that their inbox was overflowing, but they were working them down and would get back to me. We'll see how long that takes. Hopefully not another year. :eek:

Great knives. However if I want a Survive, I just buy on the secondary market. They need to go visit a real knife making company in their own back yard, Esee/Rowen. Ask them how they take care of their customers as they're the future of the business. No customer cheating pre-paid pre-orders. Crazy that the credit card and paypal hasn't shut them down yet. I have a custom Skookum Bush Tool coming next week that was a 5+ year wait. This is made as a custom by one guy. F-Survive. Just had to vent

The issue here is that ESEE/Rowan is in business to make knives and deliver them to people, which is what they're good at. S?K are a couple of dirtball scumbags whose primary goal is to bilk people out of their money so they can live off of it. Kick out a few very basic knives every time the uproar gets to deafening volumes, and then depend on the new fans they always seem to accumulate somehow* and their upfront payments in full in order to buy groceries and pay all their personal bills.

Guy should be back in jail, candidly speaking.

* Morons who don't know how to use Google, I'm forced to conclude at this point.

Maybe next time you'll be the one waiting years for your knife, we'll see if your opinion changes then.
It's possible. I just pulled the trigger on another order. Maybe I'll have a different opinion in 3 months.

Yeah, I did exactly as I said: emailed them immediately after I finished my post above. Got an auto-reply that their inbox was overflowing, but they were working them down and would get back to me. We'll see how long that takes. Hopefully not another year. :eek:

I think it took them a week or two to get back to me about my most recent email.

My order showed up in 6 weeks from when it was ordered. I really hope yours gets some movement and you hear back soon!

Last edited:
I believe they’re in Idaho. Someone should file a complaint with the attorney general’s office. They don’t take this shit lightly. Maybe that’ll wake their crooked ass up.

I think it took them a week or two to get back to me about my most recent email.

My order showed up in 6 weeks from when it was ordered. I really hope yours gets some movement and you hear back soon!

It only took a couple of days for them to get back to me. My knife is built and just waiting on Guy to sharpen it.

Back