• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

I'm not defending the wait times

No one is complaining about the wait times, they are complaining about the lying about the wait times. If Survive had ever once been up front about their ability to deliver knives they would probably still have their own forum here rather than a sticky in the HoS warning people of who they are.

Asking for full payment up front is always a red flag but it would be tolerable if they actually delivered when they promised at the time they took the money. Even once. Instead they continue to be deceptive, far exceeding every delivery window they’ve ever stated. Blaming every sub, every business partner, COVID, material quality, moves, family issues, hunting seasons, etc etc.

They could easily change their business model to one that quotes honest lead times. They could fill all the orders in their queue and just post knives for sale as they complete them. As you note, they’d all sell same day. But they don’t do any of that, they keep lying. How many business turnarounds is this now? I know of at least 3 others and I don’t pay that much attention. This one will fail just like the others because they all share one common factor.

received an email from SURVIVE! about some new models last night........funny how they always have time to come up with new models/designs put together these Emails ..... but have no time to make knives and answer Emails !?!

Did they have pictures of actually made knives or just some CAD renderings?

Come on "Trash" and "Schemed Scam" Listen to yourself. This is knife making not "The wolf of wall street" he's made 14,000 plus knives! He has a brick mortar business. He's not drop shipping knives from China.

I'm not defending his business practices but I will defend his Knives "for use" all day long.

You say got a bad knife - IDK what to say. Post a picture and show the issues I guess.

Go to eBay and see how fast GSO knives sell. Right know, just checked there are 4 first gen knives for sale because those people probably finally got their new ones all be it 4 years later and are willing to part with their old ones.
Based on what you've said yourself and others have confirmed in this thread, they are very much operating illegally, I don't know what to call that if not a scam. If you take full payment up front you must either provide a shipping date or ship within thirty days. If you miss those deadlines you must contact your customer and offer them a refund, if they don't respond you have to assume they want the refund and provide it without any further input from the customer.

received an email from SURVIVE! about some new models last night........funny how they always have time to come up with new models/designs put together these Emails ..... but have no time to make knives and answer Emails !?!

I got that same email. Rolled my eyes, trashed it. They are probably running out of money.

Build the da** knives you have orders for. COMPLETE them and SHIP THEM THE **** OUT! THEN maybe you can start working on new designs.

Did they have pictures of actually made knives or just some CAD renderings?

CAD renderings. Always CAD renderings.

Based on what you've said yourself and others have confirmed in this thread, they are very much operating illegally, I don't know what to call that if not a scam. If you take full payment up front you must either provide a shipping date or ship within thirty days. If you miss those deadlines you must contact your customer and offer them a refund, if they don't respond you have to assume they want the refund and provide it without any further input from the customer.

I've read/heard this before. Don't know where it comes from, but I like it.

I got that same email. Rolled my eyes, trashed it. They are probably running out of money.

Build the da** knives you have orders for. COMPLETE them and SHIP THEM THE **** OUT! THEN maybe you can start working on new designs.

CAD renderings. Always CAD renderings.

I've read/heard this before. Don't know where it comes from, but I like it.

Thanks for confirming!

I figured it would be because everytime i went to their site that was the case.

It's been a while so I just checked and in their "Knives" section of their website there are only 3 actual pictures of knives out of 22 items listed.

Shame they did this to themselves because some of their new "offerings" are fairly attractive. Hard pass.

If you're on the fence about getting a refund- Do it before PayPals 180 day window expires.

Survive Knives charges a 10% restocking fee for a knife they never made but sold anyways.

There will be a 10% cancellation fee on any refunds for orders placed after Jan 01, 2017

Survive knifes are at the top of the industry in materials, design fit & finish & function; and look at the price. Are you kidding me value.

LOL False.

I mean, are you serious? Guy doesn't "make" ANYTHING. He gets in blade blanks and handle blanks from subcontractors, bolts them together, sharpens the knife, then beats off for about six years and then you have about a 60% chance that he sends you the completed knife.

LOL False.

I mean, are you serious? Guy doesn't "make" ANYTHING. He gets in blade blanks and handle blanks from subcontractors, bolts them together, sharpens the knife, then beats off for about six years and then you have about a 60% chance that he sends you the completed knife.
You forgot the part where he also presells "seconds" and delivers them before you get the first you pre-ordered.

What the heck? I just read a recent email from Survive.

"Now that the shop is dedicated to making SURVIVE! products we are seeing just how quickly and efficiently production can move. We want to keep that waterjet cutting and the machine shop busy, so it's time to pull some files off the shelves and dust the cobwebs off of them. Over the years Guy and the team have been drawing out and refining new designs but they ended up being shelved because production was never able to keep up. Now that's all changed!
With the bulk of our current backlog now either in the final machining or finishing stages, it is time to look toward the future and what will come next."

They have a bunch of Cad Drawings with preorders on these "old designs". But the rhetoric is identical to what it was years ago.. the , "we are improving and getting all caught up now! Big Changes!"... Ugh, this is just sickening Ponzi scam artists at work.

What the heck? I just read a recent email from Survive.

"Now that the shop is dedicated to making SURVIVE! products we are seeing just how quickly and efficiently production can move. We want to keep that waterjet cutting and the machine shop busy, so it's time to pull some files off the shelves and dust the cobwebs off of them. Over the years Guy and the team have been drawing out and refining new designs but they ended up being shelved because production was never able to keep up. Now that's all changed!
With the bulk of our current backlog now either in the final machining or finishing stages, it is time to look toward the future and what will come next."

They have a bunch of Cad Drawings with preorders on these "old designs". But the rhetoric is identical to what it was years ago.. the , "we are improving and getting all caught up now! Big Changes!"... Ugh, this is just sickening Ponzi scam artists at work.

It's awfully hard to read the incessant passive aggressive digs at their former "partners" without gagging a bit. Sure... Millet is solely to blame for all of their repeated shortcomings :rolleyes:.

I will believe they are getting caught up when I get my next (final) knife from them. Then I'm done. Finished. I've waited entirely too long. I actually believe they are worse now than when I actually ordered the knife I'm still waiting on. As far as BS, that is.

"We aren't doing any more preorder promotions of any kind. Ever. Production delays should be our frustration, not yours." - Guy Seiferd, Feb 19 2014
Forever sure didn't last very long.....

Must be a need to expand the Ponzi, I keep getting newsletters pushing preorders with a bunch of cad drawings.
Meanwhile the latest headline.. "The SURVIVE! shop is finalizing a big transition right now. We rearranged the shop, have some new equipment, and are putting together a great team."
HUH?? Do they have some random BS word generator that makes these automated updates? They read the same now, as they did 8 years ago. The lack of shame and self awareness is astonishing.
You have to give them credit for milking a ponzi along these many years. They even outlasted Bernie Madoff who just died in prison!

Meanwhile, their "production" schedule reads like a George Constanza comedy bit dressing up incompetency.
https://surviveknives.com/production-schedule/
I mean, forget the fact the ACTUAL production schedules HAVE ALWAYS been 2-4 times the stated ones..... even if the false stated production times were legit they would still be an epic embarrassment.
"we are in the pre heat treating phase and should take about year to complete"... "we are now in the machining handles phase so that will take 6 months in this phase"... LOL, what?? you are making simple design production knives not the Hubble space telescope. As comedian Foxworthy might say "When you need to announce fasteners as a "step".... ya might be a ponzi."

How much of an utter abject FAILURE in business and machining would you have to be to announce you are in "stage of cutting out handles" for months on end??? Imagine if we did this level of impotency at our REAL jobs? ... Imagine a drywaller writes to the homeowner, "Working on acquiring Mixing Mud this month, Next month We expect to collect water!.... BIG changes coming to D&D Drywalling, we finally have our own tools so we can now do the taping AND mudding ourselves!"

This is all as comical as it is pathetic.

Last edited:
Well, they have a very positive feedback footprint on social media and videos to promote updates and re-invention.
Begs the (rhetorical) question.. how can you be that far behind with such nice equipment and facilities?

Back