1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Survive Knives! Epic Faiure:

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by first alchemy, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. first alchemy

first alchemy Banned BANNED

May 13, 2015
    Placed order for GSO12 march 17th 2015... still no knife. did they ship these knives to the Sun to have them heat treating? the fastest manned spacecraft, traveled 24,790 mph. At that speed, it would take about 156 days to reach the Sun. By those mathematical equations we should have already received their knives by now. What's the holdup?

2. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Popcorn popping!!!
    There are tons of threads on this subject brother. I've read a couple and to be honest........there doesn't seem to be any answers.
    It's either you ask for a refund or just keep waiting.......and hoping.
    Good luck!
    Joe

3. first alchemy

May 13, 2015
    Will popcorn pop in space? I think radiation and the gravitational pull will prevent the shell of the Corn from popping.

4. Cteve

Cteve

Oct 1, 2015
    I went for a refund myself. I ordered the 7/7 last september, after a year i said no more. It took a few emails and a couple weeks but it was fairly easy to get my money back. Too bad as yhey look like decent knives

5. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    As a heads up, you could try for a Carothers light Chopper in the upcoming sale, as a viable alternative. well they'll be gone in a nanosecond, but worth a try.

6. willythekid

willythekid Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hopefully everyone gets made whole (either knife or refund) in this mess, but I doubt it. SK has shown problems and poor customer service for years and it seems to be getting worse. It has become way worse than I ever thought...

7. timichango

timichango Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Is the OP going to make the same definitive statements about insider knowledge into survive imminently shutting down, here, or is he reserving that content for the Survive Subforum?

8. mlmcasual

mlmcasual

Jun 10, 2013
    Darn, our concerns thread got locked so now I am here, I can't speak for the OP but speak for myself and MY specific case.
    Survive! maked great production knives. Their product has NEVER been called into question.

But, Survive! Has been called out time and time and time again for YEARS for taking money 100% up front and Purposefully being deceitful about Delivery times at the point of sale, and also AFTER the point of sale, both of which are Illegal under the law.

Lying, Deceitful, etc.. is strong language and has been refrained by SK! fans from using and instead giving Survive! the benefit of doubt. But There comes a point when even the Survive! fans have had enough. That point has been reached.

I have many Suvive! knives including original and current 2016 models. I recently bought a Survive 2nd. in September which at the point of sale stated "10 to 15 days" delivery. I STILL have not received my knife almost two months and counting. In that Time, Survive KNOWINGLY Updated their website to
    . They Did this Concurrently While continuing to delay MY order WAY beyond the stated delivery time. This shows willful intent KNOWING they are not able to make a stated point of sale delivery time yet Purposefully continuing to use false lead-times to INFLUENCE purchases. In my case, I purchased the knife in September on their 10~15 days stated lead time thinking I would have it in time for deer season. Had I known it would take Months (and still counting), I would have bought something else. So yes, they bait and switched lead times to influence my purchase. That is wrong, and that is illegal business practice and It has been going on LONG before My example. But what is most egregious is that SK is well aware, has been called out, and yet CHOOSES to STILL employ blatant deception of KNOWINGLY putting out False lead-times at the point of sale and presale advertising.

http://surviveknives.com/how-to-buy/

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  9. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Did you ask for a refund yet?
    Sorry you didn't get it in time for the hunt, hopefully this all gets sorted out, as we would all benefit from it.
    Cheers

10. mlmcasual

mlmcasual

Jun 10, 2013
    Nope because it could come any day.. So it's stuck in limbo. I could get a delivery notice tomorrow or next week or never. However I already have near two months vested, and they recently told me it will be one to two weeks. So I will wait out the second week and then ask for a refund. Deer season has already started .

11. first alchemy

May 13, 2015
    You ain't gotta worry about me no more on this thread I'm done with it. These people here don't deserve answers. I'll just sit back and watch survive knives crumble under their own weight. I could understand incompetence and running a business poorly because you just suck at it. But these people are deceptive and their Liars. That's why I'm so angry with them. Maybe in a couple years after they've crashed and burned and they have risen From the Ashes Like a Phoenix and I've actually build a stable and built a trustworthy knife manufacturing company...they can gain my trust again. It's an absolute shame that a company that can build a knife of this caliber can run such a terrible business. A six-year-old kid can run a lemonade stand business better than these people. Over and Out!

12. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Well said mlm. That has been my ONLY complaint. I felt lied to in the wording of the sales thread and now so many have come forward with that exact issue, not only on the 2.7 "pre-sale" but on many others as well. I love the knives. They are beyond compare at their price point, but S!K has dropped the ball and handled this situation poorly to say the least.
    If they had ever just been honest and said what was really going on, I believe many of us, myself included, would have supported them and helped where we could. It's likely that some of these posts would not even exist.
    Instead, they chose to ignore and/or continue down the path of misinformation.

Lastly, I'll say I like the group in the subforum. I've done business with many of them with my custom sheaths and accessories and would even call some of them my friends at this point. I still hope S!K makes it. It doesn't seem likely any longer but I still have an outstanding order for a 2.7 and I'm hoping I actually get that blade someday. I'm going to choose to not cancel, continue to wait and if they go under, well, lesson learned.

My concern now is that, as someone else said, they are coming out with LE's and other pre-sales instead of working on knives that have all been paid for to get some quick cash. I guess if they are cash strapped and preparing for the end, then orders like mine will take a back seat to anything that can bring more cash in the door right now. After all, they have my money so why worry about building my knife?

Everyone knows that saying, "The hardest knife to build is the one you've already been paid for."

I hope I'm wrong. The silence from S!K at this point says that some or all of this may be true. We'll see.

13. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    This is exactly why I refused to preorder the GSO-12 (or any other Survive! knife).
    I knew the history, and wanted to believe the story about improved process & production times...but when it came to actually making the payment, I couldn't do it. Truth be told, I would have been okay with being wrong on this...
    Hope anybody that chooses a refund receives it promptly.

14. B34NS

B34NS

Dec 30, 2013
  15. timichango

Apr 26, 2013
    They also sell some knives with hard delivery timelines stated, and consistently fail to meet those stated timelines - and in addition, make further verbal and written commitments, and miss those also.

The indefinite preorder timelines aren't the whole story.

16. B34NS

B34NS

Dec 30, 2013
    I think you're confusing estimates for "hard delivery times". If you received a shipping notice and your knife didn't show up for a year, that'd certainly be a problem, but this has not been the case.

17. timichango

Apr 26, 2013
    No. For a long time the Monday sales bore a hard statement that purchases were to ship within 15 business days - a timeline that was never hit, to my knowledge.

In my case, and, anecdotally, others, subsequent verbal and written hard commitments were made and also broken.

The difference between an estimate and a commitment is not vague.

18. Skystorm

Skystorm A Cow Flayin' Sheath Making Angry Gnome

Oct 17, 2011
    So act like an infant to get the other thread with actual intelligent conversation about the problem with Survive Knives locked up, promise a bunch of supposed insider information, videos, etc. then disappear. Yea, mission accomplished. Can't have a 30 page Survive Knives negativity thread going on.

19. timichango

Apr 26, 2013
    Agree, but let's not get this one hooped too by devolving into personal squabbling. There's a GBU thread now, one way or another. Hopefully it can stay civil and lead to real answers or change.

20. B34NS

B34NS

Dec 30, 2013
    Did you ask for a refund?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.