Swamp Rat INFIDU

It's a sweet blade and good observation.
The flying fighting knives help bad-guys-turned-sheaths to get their wings... or horns... or virgins... or return to the aether... or their next go around whatever.
Hahaha I'm going to have to use that one,, "bad guys tuned sheaths"

Hopefully I've finally got an INFI Ratmandu on its way to me, courtesy of the exchange.

you guys will love em. everybody should have one. imho

sweet patriot sheath.

I have never seen this version before. Is the serrations purely for aesthetics or does it serve a purpose? It looks like a serious stabbing knife though.

Read something once about the design with teeth facing forewards and placed nere the tip; it should provide better penetrating when stabbing through tough materials like leather(jacket?) or the like. Me, i just think that it`s plain cool- like this Basic-7 (seal-knife, not sure):

Not my pic.
HgzmeRMh.jpg

Last edited:
Read something once about the design with teeth facing forewards and placed nere the tip; it should provide better penetrating when stabbing through tough materials like leaher(jacket?) or the like. Me, i just think that it`s plain cool- like this Basic-7 (seal-knife, not sure):

Not my pic.
HgzmeRMh.jpg
Oh my goodness! This thing does need an acquired taste. I feel like I am looking at a saw. Of course, I understand it was made purely for stabbing purposes.

I've always heard infi was easy to sharpen. I put the Infimandu on the wicked edge and reprofiled to 40 degrees. It was tough and a little ugly but it was sharp. I took it to work and I just wasn't satisfied. I spent a few minutes on the syderco sharpmaker and wow, crazy sharp now.

Getting a good angle on it and getting it super sharp makes it a great knife.

I've always heard infi was easy to sharpen. I put the Infimandu on the wicked edge and reprofiled to 40 degrees. It was tough and a little ugly but it was sharp. I took it to work and I just wasn't satisfied. I spent a few minutes on the syderco sharpmaker and wow, crazy sharp now.

Getting a good angle on it and getting it super sharp makes it a great knife.
I'm with you there.. I've found my sharp maker gets a killer edge on my INFI

I had to back-bevel the sh** out of my INFIdu before its edge was even close to acceptable. But, finally getting that done, I think it is going to be as good a knife as the SR101 RMD. It certainly looks better, being uncoated. But that don't mean crap if it won't take a good edge. But it seems to have one now. Interested to see how it holds it.

I had to back-bevel the sh** out of my INFIdu before its edge was even close to acceptable. But, finally getting that done, I think it is going to be as good a knife as the SR101 RMD. It certainly looks better, being uncoated. But that don't mean crap if it won't take a good edge. But it seems to have one now. Interested to see how it holds it.
Weird,, I sharpened mine on the 40 degree setting with great success,, pops hair all day. Almost all my knives get sharpened on that setting as I find the 30 just hits the shoulder.

Mine was done using the Gatco Ultimate diamond at 22 degrees per side and 44 inclusive. After that I strop mine. Hair popping, razor sharp, and pushes effortlessly through newspaper without having to slice it.

However I did face one problem. After 3 hours I just couldn't get the curve near the tip to join at the apex and I have created a wider bevel at the curve because the curved area is less acute in the angle compared to the entire length of the edge but the guided sharpener's angle is similar throughout. How do I work around this issue.

Well, I freehand. So I have no idea my angle. But it wouldn't shave, and would rip paper all day without cutting. I tried to sharpen it to the factory angle, but didn't like that, and never got it to work right.

I sharpen all my knives to the same-ish freehand angle, because it works for me, and it's what I sharpen to. If it doesn't work at that angle, it gets put aside and forgotten (probably to be trashed after I die). So I can't guess what the problem was that I had to back bevel so much. Or if it was a problem, or just a difference of sharpening philosophy between me and whoever sharpened it from the factory. It seems to be ok now that Ive "trained" it to my sharpening.

Hey gang -

First post for me on this sub but I really do like the Ratmandu form factor - here are two I recently acquired on the exchange:

24555704661_58452f9872_z.jpg

I have sheaths inbound for the SWATmandu and am thinking through options for the INFImandu - that B.I.G. finish is really stunning.

24237850340_e3b573b383_z.jpg

Hope to learn lots from you all here.

Last edited:
Two beauties that are perfect users with that black canvas on them. Congrats man, and welcome!

Indeed. Beauties is what I would call them too. Just love my Infidu and enjoyed using it so much. That sheath is just outstanding! Looks like one of Sagewood's design. Is that from Sagewood?

Two beauties that are perfect users with that black canvas on them. Congrats man, and welcome!

Indeed. Beauties is what I would call them too. Just love my Infidu and enjoyed using it so much. That sheath is just outstanding! Looks like one of Sagewood's design. Is that from Sagewood?

They certainly are and I do intend to use them. Thanks for the warm welcome y'all :)

The sheaths are from Martin Swinkels - to his credit, he has been wonderful to work with in my experience.

[video=youtube;SD_tUNBH2cI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD_tUNBH2cI[/video]

https://youtu.be/SD_tUNBH2cI

Last edited:
Back