Tacticlol Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sal at Spyderco made it right? Just saying.....I don't know if the DEA actually commissioned it or if Sal just made it for them - IF the background story is true. I'll have to research it later...intriquing but I'm busy now. :)

DANG!! :eek: The cutter sure must been an aspiring operator!

If I'm thinking of the right incident, that was done with a blade taken from a disposable razor melted into a toothbrush..happened at Pelican Bay..

Many of the knives and ventilating tools pictured in this thread are for use only by highly skilled Operators.Since none of you actually are Operators , you will never know just how brutal and effecient these weapons can be.

Oh, I think we know. These wounds were allegedly inflicted in prison, probably by an unskilled operator with a shiv.

knifewound.jpg

Does this mean that knives can be good defensive weapons?

Does this mean that knives can be good defensive weapons?

Absolutely! Anything you happen to have at hand when the need arises can be a good defensive weapon...coffee cups, pencils, rolled up magazines. I would not carry a knife as my primary defensive tool if a firearm is an option, but I would never discount the capabilities or a good blade.

Absolutely! Anything you happen to have at hand when the need arises can be a good defensive weapon...coffee cups, pencils, rolled up magazines. I would not carry a knife as my primary defensive tool if a firearm is an option, but I would never discount the capabilities or a good blade.

Sorry, yes but you're preaching to the converted. I should have put a sarcastic in my post because I get a lot of "a knife is not a good weapon". I do carry a glock, too. I train a little too.

Sorry, yes but you're preaching to the converted. I should have put a sarcastic in my post because I get a lot of "a knife is not a good weapon". I do carry a glock, too. I train a little too.

My mistake! I'm still pretty new around here and haven't caught all of the nuances of BF yet..I'm a 1911 guy myself, but rotate to my XDm regularly..

My mistake! I'm still pretty new around here and haven't caught all of the nuances of BF yet..I'm a 1911 guy myself, but rotate to my XDm regularly..

No worries. I do alternate with my Combat Elite. I just find my Glock more concealable in light clothing which is almost mandatory in our tropical climate.

Many of the knives and ventilating tools pictured in this thread are for use only by highly skilled Operators.Since none of you actually are Operators , you will never know just how brutal and effecient these weapons can be.

Oh, I think we know. These wounds were allegedly inflicted in prison, probably by an unskilled operator with a shiv.

knifewound.jpg

It was, those are folgers adams keys on the guys side. Ive carried to many of them myself..
I talked about this same thing in an earlier post. That was a most likely slicer made from some sort of plexi glass or razor blade/plastic combo..We had a lot of problems at the USP with shanks made of plastic food trays and light covers..They cut like crazy and got thru metal detectors..Id bet that dude was held by one guy and slashed by another..That happens more often than not anyway..

You got me :confused: The only thing I can think of is he did bleed like a stuck hog for a while but since no major blood pathways were cut it finally dried up..No telling how much gauze they went thru getting it stopped. Thats just a guess .Taking pics of wounds is standard procedure though..

It was, those are folgers adams keys on the guys side. Ive carried to many of them myself..
I talked about this same thing in an earlier post. That was a most likely slicer made from some sort of plexi glass or razor blade/plastic combo..We had a lot of problems at the USP with shanks made of plastic food trays and light covers..They cut like crazy and got thru metal detectors

Would you mind translating that in English for those of who're not acquainted with the finer points of prison self defense tools? :confused:

You got me :confused: The only thing I can think of is he did bleed like a stuck hog for a while but since no major blood pathways were cut it finally dried up..No telling how much gauze they went thru getting it stopped. Thats just a guess .Taking pics of wounds is standard procedure though..

There are no major arteries or veins where those cuts are, mostly muscle, so while I'm sure it hurt like a mufker, I doubt there was much bleeding..

No worries. I do alternate with my Combat Elite. I just find my Glock more concealable in light clothing which is almost mandatory in our tropical climate.

I've spent some time in SE Asia, I don't think tropical quite describes it :D More like hell with 99% humidity in some places

Would you mind translating that in English for those of who're not acquainted with the finer points of prison self defense tools? :confused:

Well inmates like making shanks from plastic or plexi glass..It goes metal detectors of course and sharpens easily.
Plastic food service trays are made from high strength plastic. You can break off a piece and with a few matches have it heated enough to stretch. Then you can stretch out a blade, or if you have a piece roughly knife shaped already just sneak it back to your cell and sharpen it on the wall or floor. Most prisons are one big piece of stone..Plastic sharpens fast.
Plexi glass is even better. Its harder and takes a better edge. Its usually found in light covers and smoke shacks outside the dorms..
Tooth brushes are one of the most common materials. You can heat and stretch them or just sharpen a point on the handle..This is why most prison systems now issue special "shorty" tooth brushes with 1" long handles..
One of the most popular is a tooth brush razor..Take a razor blade out of a desposable razor..Heat the brush brissles on the tooth brush head until they melt. When they are semi melted insert the razor blade into the melted plastic brissles..the plastic hardens around the blade and now you have a razor blade with a long handle..They cut like, well a razor..Inmates have nothing but time to think about this stuff..

It was, those are folgers adams keys on the guys side. Ive carried to many of them myself.
Nice catch! I see one Folger Adams, but it's hard to tell on the rest. They are all massive though, and that says it all. Not a jailer, just a lock junky...

Speaking of which, I have a couple of gun guys who look at knives as defensive (or offensive) tools and go like. "Well you gotta know how to use a knife for it to be effective." Really? I don't think you have to "know" exactly how to use a knife other than the most basic primal instincts such as (sharp end at opponent) and (grip knife at handle) in order to hurt or kill someone with it. How many prisoners, murders, and gangs are not martial artists and end up killing people in knife fights? For folding knives I think training and "knowing how to use it" boils down to, "do you know how to pull it out and deploy it in less than a second?" You don't need to be a black belt or Fred Perrin in order to do some serious damage with a blade.

Keys that big are reserved for high security tamper proof locks. Mechanisms inmates can't twist up hairpins to manipulate. That and the massive gang tattoo they cut off his back...

edit:spell check

Last edited:
Ive also installed a lot fo those folger adams locks..Your gonna laugh but those flogers adams key "blanks" are almost $100 each..The lock itself is about a 12" x 12" mechanism so its near bullet proof..Me and a buddy built a lot of security gates at our usp and the extra heavy duty folger adams gate hinges were about $400 a pair..
Folger adams makes smaller locks too but the keys are still say 5x bigger than a car key..The big folger adams keys that operate the big locks are about 6" long.
After you have seen em' you cant miss em'..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back