Team Gemini Special Edition A2 . . . . Pics!

It may be fun to guess at the price but it is really a mute point. We do not know exactly what it cost any company to make the blade they are selling. There location,labor cost,overhead and many other things will dictate what profit margin they must get to stay in business. The market will judge if the price is to high or even to low.

No idea what Busse's costs are or how they factor into the price, but I just checked AKS and A2 is significantly more expensive than 52100:

The A2 is slightly thinner stock and still nearly 50% more expensive. I know this is a sample size of 1, but it seems a bit harsh to question Busse's honesty, it is a business after all.

I learned an important lesson watching Raising Arizona when I was younger:

"Leonard Smalls: Price. A fair price. That's not what you say it is, and it's not what I say it is... It's what the market will bear. Now there's people - and I know 'em - who'll pay a lot more than $347 for a healthy Busse..."

I didn't question their honesty.

StealthCaliber suggested, "2 for A2, and 35 for the 35th year, making $235". When I said the opposite order, I meant the order of steel-year number. With the year first (35) and the steel last (2), that would be $352.

I was just messing around in my own head, and on here, and honestly did not factor that in - or much of anything really, and I was literally not trying to correct anybody or call anyone out. I was just having a party for one in my head and it ended up in the post.

I see the logic now! Makes as much sense as anyone else's theories on price.

Cheers to you both!

Sorry for the bad joke.

Cam

very limited run of a Special Edition Team Gemini ...
If the blade thickness were 3/16" then it might be under $347.00 . . . But at 1/4" thick, I'm guessing over.
But hey, what do I know?

RZj0tNB.jpg

I was just messing around in my own head, and on here, and honestly did not factor that in - or much of anything really, and I was literally not trying to correct anybody or call anyone out. I wuas just having a party for one in my head and it ended up in the post.

I see the logic now! Makes as much sense as anyone else's theories on price.

Cheers to you both!

Sorry for the bad joke.

Cam
A party you say? Drink!!

I want it. Hopefully I can afford it. Without selling a kidney.

Hmmm I figured it would have had some sort of 35 anniversary stamp or something? Still a very nice blade and a big congrats on the 35 years of making awesome knives Busse and crew!!

Materials probably upwards $7-8 per square inch on the steel, then it has to be roughly ground, shaped, prepped heat treated "probably by a 3rd party which cost more than in house" but they obviously have a good heat treat firm to work with. Now prep/rough cut the handles . Decent micarta and g10 is expensive, you pay say $80 for g10 handles, the material was maybe upwards of $15-20 then factor in the labor hours of grinding, handle shaping and fitting etc. Then paint, inspect and sharpen.

Might be a few things done in a different order but multiple stages of labor, materials, electricity, paint, insurance, materials for shipping, customer service and sales reps , and a hefty bar tab etc. Adds up quick. These are semi custom /midtech knives done from a rough blank so they can get damn near identical model dimensions/profile but being hand ground thicknesses vary for example I have a TGLB that's .271 and the other is .265.

You get what you pay for, its all hand done PURE AMERICAN MADE, it might not be hand forged full custom with unlimited finish or handle options but then again it's Not machined on an assembly line like lower priced retail brands like kabar, kershaw whatever where its all the same and slapped together.

I'm not sure how much we were drinking the last time we offered the BG Team Gemini. . . . but it must've been a lot! We got killed on the OP2W Team Gemini BG offer nearly 2 years ago. The next time you see a standard size BG Team Gemini, it will be priced at $327.00. So, congrats once again to those who scored during the first OP2W and congrats to those who score one of these very limited Special Edition TGA2 models.

Let's Drink! (Just not as much as last time!)

Jerry

It took years of begging to get comp finish; safe queen Queens ruined that.
So you mean that people who wanted to be able to tell a knife was used are the cause if the paint?

Seriously? Why buy a hard use knife built out of some of the best steels treated superbly, with a lifetime no questions warranty.....and then worry that someone used it but you can't tell.

Boggles my mind.

Im sure they'll sell like hot cakes lol
I wonder how much the "limited availability " of it plays in to the price.
Sounds like they might be $367
My guess

Im sure they'll sell like hot cakes lol
I wonder how much the "limited availability " of it plays in to the price.
Sounds like they might be $367
My guess

With the high cost of the steel and the increased machining expense. . . this bad boy should be priced at $347.00

But, it is a Special Edition and we are bound to screw up the pricing once again! Couple that with excessive drinking and there's just no way of telling what's going to happen! :confused:

Luckily there aren't that many of them! :eek:

Let's Drink! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

I feel so Bada$$ with Boss quoting my last 2 Posts lol
I hope Nobody minds if i ask...
Hey Boss,
Any chance you can tell us what happened to Handle Liner Option ? Is there a way to get them back ? Even at $22 a piece, instead of $10 like it was.
P.S.
(Im sure im not the only one wondering about it)
Thanks

Back