TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

Profile-Knife-USA You should ask Tsprof if they are going to start to include this part as a standard part on the K02's and other model's or if it will only be a separate part only that you have to order as an upgrade if you want it.

The part I'm referring to is the part that the guide rod goes into on the K02 and is made from a black metal and they have released a new part and I seen it on a Russian knife and gun forum I forget witch forum it was but here is a picture of the part and it is made from a plastic called Zedex and it should wear a lot better then metal to metal contact and it is also a very dense plastic as well from what I read.

5mLTOjI.jpg

kXVLpxN.jpg

Profile-Knife-USA You should ask Tsprof if they are going to start to include this part as a standard part on the K02's and other model's or if it will only be a separate part only that you have to order as an upgrade if you want it.

The part I'm referring to is the part that the guide rod goes into on the K02 and is made from a black metal and they have released a new part and I seen it on a Russian knife and gun forum I forget witch forum it was but here is a picture of the part and it is made from a plastic called Zedex and it should wear a lot better then metal to metal contact and it is also a very dense plastic as well from what I read.

5mLTOjI.jpg
Wade, I thought I already told you that Paul (Pavel) gave me one at the Blade Show and said this will be the new part instead of the metal part.
Yes, it seems to be a significant improvement. They have lots of improvements in mind but we will see them only as they become manufacturable.
Feel free to ask me questions, too, as I talk to Paul frequently. In fact we had a long conversation Tuesday. BTW, we are talking about jointly sponsoring a booth next year in the main exhibition area.

I know you told me about the new part and getting one from Paul at the BladeShow after I sent you picture's on facebook when I found the new part on a Russian forum I don't recall however anything being said if it would be a standard peace or if it was only going to be offered as an upgrade part,I have 3 of them on order from Tsprof because they had to ship me some missing stuff from an order and I asked if I could purchase a few I got one for trailhunter because I told him I had a bunch of Kangaroo strop's and some and some MDF and also some new strop's I'm going to start trying Thursday or Friday of this week hopefully and told trailhunter if he paid for the postage I'd ship him a few to try because I have about 100 of the strop's made out of Ash and 60 to 70 of the MDF strop's and I have no need for that many.

I'm stilling waiting on Zedex part's to leave Russia hopefully it will be soon.

Wade, I thought I already told you that Paul (Pavel) gave me one at the Blade Show and said this will be the new part instead of the metal part.
Yes, it seems to be a significant improvement. They have lots of improvements in mind but we will see them only as they become manufacturable.
Feel free to ask me questions, too, as I talk to Paul frequently. In fact we had a long conversation Tuesday. BTW, we are talking about jointly sponsoring a booth next year in the main exhibition area.

Last edited:
Wade,
For you and others who may be interested, I've attached a PDF technical data sheet on Zedex and it's physical properties. The word "tribological" is used. It's a technical term meaning, "relating to study of wear".

George

Attachments

• Zedex_plastics.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Ah ok, do you have the conical, filet or scissor attachments in yet?
Thanks for the mailing address. Your 2 free screws for the base are mailing out this morning. Enjoy!

George

Update: 3:00 pm Went out this morning via USPS. Tracking number sent.

Last edited:
Just realised something, I didnt order the screws, so you have screws for sale to mount the ko2 fo the base?

Sorry for the late response, I'm glad that George had them in stock and was able to ship you the screws right away.
Regarding the part that the guide rod goes into on the K02 I'm waiting on the TSPROF to give us more information on that. I will post the update as soon as I hear back from them.

I wanted to update everyone on the issue with the scissor attachments for the 2018 model and see if anyone else experienced the same issue with the screws not being long enough to secure the attachment. I've contacted the TSPROF and they are taking a close look at the issue and working on a fix. Meanwhile we've tested all the scissor attachments we currently have in our inventory to check the proper fitment and even tho we were able to use the original screws they did felt a little short. We asked the TSPROF to send us the longer screws ASAP to fix the issue, we believe the 22mm or 24mm crews will be a perfect fit. What's your take on this?

HTAxBcv.jpg

lxyNJgX.jpg

Foxpyn4.jpg

library

IMG_7555.JPG
IMG_7558.JPG
library

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

The TSPROF shared some video's with us and we thought you may enjoy them as well.
Personally after watching the video it was for the first time I felt sexy using their knife sharpener :)
Please enjoy!

If you are interested to see how the TSPROF make their product and the amount of detailed work that goes into it please see the video below.
In the beginning of the video he explains in Russian that this is only a short version of the making process.

PS: Sorry for making my post this long. It's not always winter in Russia :) I've been talking to them this morning and they shared a picture with me of their scenery from their office today :)
Pfjlql7.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there!

Yep! we do have them in stock. You can always check on our inventory and place an order by going to www.knife-usa.com
For attachments please make sure to click on the accessories tap.

All in stock items will ship same day if orders are placed before 2PM (EST)

Thank you!

Do you have the single fillet clamp with the type 2 fixing unit? I also need a few of the steel threaded knobs. I hate to have to order from Russia just for these items.

When you say type 2 fixing unit witch one do you mean are you talking about the current fixing unit witch is 20mm and goes over the crossbar.

When you say type 2 fixing unit witch one do you mean are you talking about the current fixing unit witch is 20mm and goes over the crossbar.

No. The one that came before it. 10mm it is the first aluminum type unit. STATES calls them the 2017 year model, or 2nd generation.

I wanted to update everyone on the issue with the scissor attachments for the 2018 model and see if anyone else experienced the same issue with the screws not being long enough to secure the attachment. I've contacted the TSPROF and they are taking a close look at the issue and working on a fix. Meanwhile we've tested all the scissor attachments we currently have in our inventory to check the proper fitment and even tho we were able to use the original screws they did felt a little short. We asked the TSPROF to send us the longer screws ASAP to fix the issue, we believe the 22mm or 24mm crews will be a perfect fit. What's your take on this?

HTAxBcv.jpg

lxyNJgX.jpg

Foxpyn4.jpg

library

IMG_7555.JPG
IMG_7558.JPG
library

Yes the 22mm or 24mm length should work.
It's not just the scissor attachments that has the problem, it's any attachments that have the recessed steel nut paired with the all steel screw.
The all steel screw is slightly shorter than the plastic capped screws, the plastic capped screws will engage a few threads and are useable but still too short to be correct.
For this screw size (M5-0.8) to feel correct it should have a minimum of 1.5 X the screw diameter of engaged thread length.
If your in a pinch 25mm length can be found on amazon.

Last edited:
Back