Testing Banner Ads - it's not a bug, it's me screwing things up

Still getting an ad after the first post as well as one at the bottom of the page.

Am I reading correctly that the one week of ad testing has now morphed into permanent ads for everybody all the time? The messages are mixed in this thread.

It must come down to timing.
No ads right now for me. Didn't see any yesterday evening either.

Yep, it turns out that it's not displaying in Chrome, but is showing up everywhere else (discovered it was still showing up on my phone). I've got a call into the tech guys about it.

Yep, it turns out that it's not displaying in Chrome, but is showing up everywhere else (discovered it was still showing up on my phone). I've got a call into the tech guys about it.

Actually, it does show up on Chrome (at least under Windows). That's both the ad after the first post on a page and the big one at the bottom of each page. If I enable my Ad Blocker they both go away. Unfortunately, I use mobile phones and tablets quite a bit and no such "real" remedies there. Ad Blocker stops 7 "ads" but they're not all ads and a few are the JavaScripts & CSS. Ads are things like:

Not even stopping Doubleclick: http://stats.g.doubleclick.net/

By the way, the Facebook Connect button at the top of all pages does NOT work ("Error: App Not Setup: The developers of this app have not set up this app properly for Facebook Login.") and it does slow down page load times.

By the way, the Facebook Connect button at the top of all pages does NOT work ("Error: App Not Setup: The developers of this app have not set up this app properly for Facebook Login.") and it does slow down page load times.

I just tested it. It brings up the FB login but then gives me the same messge

Error
App Not Setup: The developers of this app have not set up this app properly for Facebook Login.

Still getting an ad after the first post as well as one at the bottom of the page.

Same here. Using Chrome.

Thanks for fooling with all the hassle, Kevin.

I still have ads as well but what concerns me more is that ever since the test started, my back/forward page is all goofed up. Only when on bf, I'll click back and it takes me to the main forum page or completely out of bf all together to a different site that I was on earlier. I've cleaned and swept my pc several times and I'm only experiencing this on bladeforums. I've already read THIS and THIS both of which only describe an alternative method of browsing, not an explanation or a solution. Any advice is welcomed and thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Getting near full-page pop-ups for the last little while. That's new.

Yesterday and now today are the worst slow days I've witnessed.

Main page is ok. Page with subheadings is ok...

Once you click into a subforum where there are member posts, it freezes on me for about 5-10seconds, then slowly builds the page and loads all ads..

Lockup has been longer than 10seconds the past few times. Then another 10 or more to get the page to work. And it happens each time you move to a new page that has postings on it-where ads are.

This definitely needs to change soon eeek =x

You live in a cave! How are getting internet? I think the cave bears might be chewing on your wires. :)

I haven't had a problem for a while now, except for the back button thing.

Yesterday and now today are the worst slow days I've witnessed.

Main page is ok. Page with subheadings is ok...

Once you click into a subforum where there are member posts, it freezes on me for about 5-10seconds, then slowly builds the page and loads all ads..

Lockup has been longer than 10seconds the past few times. Then another 10 or more to get the page to work. And it happens each time you move to a new page that has postings on it-where ads are.

This definitely needs to change soon eeek =x
.... exactly the same for me, I watch the page as the page locked up with the constant running of the "dowloading data" from various sites in the bottom left corner. Pretty much leaves me cold now. Still getting the ad after the second post in the thread and the one at the bottom.

I've also experienced random slowness in accessing pages just very recently. This is on three different devices and ISPs. Sometimes it just hangs for seconds. Problem vanishes just as randomly. Can't pin it to one cause yet.

Last night I finally installed AdBlock for Chrome. It seems to have done the trick for me.

Back