The 800 pound gorilla in the room...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan will be on the SMKW channel tonight at 10:45EST for those that are interested . Pass the word, its in Direct TV.

Moose

I'll check you tube tomorrow and see if somebody gets it up.

101 users browsing this forum at the moment. I'm just sayin'...

Just a quicky......I will be on at ten forty five and you might want to get on a bit quicker ....The Tweeners are going fast....thanks for your understanding, I do, truly appreciate it......We will get it closer to right next time....Thanks...

ethan

Ethan,
I've always been impressed that you are on this forum at all...speaks volumes to what you stand for and behind your product love your stuff. It really is an addiction and rightfully so. Thanks for all you do for us Beckerheads.

You will be watching on the same channel as me. Channel I sure hope it shows up online tomorrow because I have Comcast and cant watch it. :)

Of course they are marketing the heck out of the zombie knives. Zombies are the thing right now, and there's a ton of cash to be made off the undead. I should make some undead sheaths in baby barf green or something, probably sell like fiends.

and there's a ton of cash to be made off the undead. I should make some undead sheaths in baby barf green or something, probably sell like fiends.

Just go through their pockets for loose change - what do the undead need with their money anyway? fleece 'em!
Oh, and undead sheaths should definitely be made from zombie leather. definitely.

No TV here. somebody get it up on youtube or, uh... netflix?

Hey all, here is my brief rundown on the whole shooting match. Forgive me, but I'm tired as shit, so, there may be a few mistakes and randome swears, overlook it.

SO, if you gotta blame someone, blame me. I knew about the SMKW's getting the LE BKT shorts since pretty much it happened. I didn't attend the meeting, but I was informed shortly there after, as I was trying to scrape together as many Shorts as I could. I managed 4. A trio, and a spare 17. I kept the 16, Bladite got the 15, and the Biscuit got the 17. And I gave a 17 to Brab. So, if ya'll are mad you didn't get a chance at them, shit happens.

I am privvy to alot of information, since Ethan is a friend. I've seen the drawngs for the next few BKT's to come down the line. Plus, there are other things as well. I keep them in confidence, because I like seeing this stuff evolve, and if I go blabbing my mouth about everything I knew, I wouldn't be privvy to nothing. So, I let the info go when I can.

I wasn't told to keep the SMKW deal under wraps, it was implied by me being told about it. You see, I don't work for Kabar, and I don't work for Ethan. Well, I do, but not in sense of a job. More like a hobby that helps a friend. Its all I've ever done. No paycheck, no vacation days, just some trips to places like Vegas, and Blade, to attend and help sell my friends knives.

So, here's the rub, knowing about it, and not knowing when its coming, is the crux of the matter. I could have came on here, right after SHOT and said "SMKW will be selling LE BKT Shorts soon!!!" and the first question would have been "WHEN!?!?!?!". I didn't have an answer. So, why get ya'll all riled up, and not have anything else to add? Plus, the folks at Kabar would look at me and say, "Can't trust that guy to keep things on the downlow". So, I'm screwed here and there.

There are other contributing factors, like, oh, I don't know, working out of town, with long 14-16hr days the last few weeks, have kept me from doing any real research into the matter. Throw in the fact that Kabar doesn't communicate much with me anymore, and you got a big ass black spot where my intel is usually stored.

I really do agree with the feelings, as, since most of you know, I love the Beckerheads. I should, I helped create them. I think that a core group following of over 200 people, deserves some special priviledges. I really do. I don't think that its owed, so don't read into that, but hey, you guys work hard, have fun, and do a great job of showing off the BKT knives that you own.

In appreciation, Kabar made a knife, special for you. The BK10LE. "Well, BKT's are supposed to be used". You're damn right. I use the hell outta mine, but a one off, never again to be seen knife, made especially for you, is a pretty nice thank you.

I don't see the words Limited Edition and Becker Knife and Tool going well together. Oh, it works, but under the right circumstances. I see other things that would work better, and we tried. We tried real damn hard.

I pushed for a early buy for the BH's. I was told, "Not gonna happen". I tried again, "Not gonna happen". I tried for a final time, "It ain't gonna happen".

So, its not gonna happen. We tried and are still trying to get some for passarounds, and giveaways, and contests, and to send out the sheath makers, but, so far, we gets a duh nada. So, we are trying our asses off to get you guys some special treatment.

Simple fact of the matter, Kabar doesn't have the knives either. They are stil being made. Kabar has never shy'd away from providing us with some knives for the forums, but the damn things have to be made first. Have to be made. First. Then we can get them.

Here's the other part, its a business, with distributors and dealers standing outside the building, waving cash in hand, who the hell wouldn't take that deal? SMKW's showed up, with "cash in hand" and said, we'll take those off your hands, and Kabar/Ethan said Hell Yeah you will. Who can blame them?

One of the reasons the Early Productions weren't available, is that Kabar now had an order placed, and paid for, and not enough knives to send them. They had to get the shit together and together fast. So, every BKT Short that was in the works, sporting the old paint and grinds, were scooped up, and getting ready to go the Works.

SO, long story short, Kabar loves ya'll, they built a knife just for ya'll, they will get us the stuff we want, as soon as they can. When the info is released to us, and we can send it along, we will, when shit just springs up, then be glad you got a place were the guys that want to share the intel, come, and share.

I feel your pain, I really do, because, I want these blades just as much as everyone. I have one of 4 new knives that I want, and believe me, I earned it, with bloody feet, a hoarse voice, and a case of the sniffles that turned into a full blown cold, I earned it. Now, just 3 more to go.

Moose

You will be watching on the same channel as me. Channel I sure hope it shows up online tomorrow because I have Comcast and cant watch it. :)

Arrrrrrrggggghhhh. Is it just me or are they missing some important channels.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back