The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

Fox tracks tend to be more narrow than dogs but the shape is very similar. Domestic cat claws don't usually appear in the track because they are retracted most of the time.

edit: the outer toes look to be too far forward for a fox so it may be dog tracks.

Thanks for the tip. We were hoping to have a fox make himself at home in our back yard and control some of our garden pests. My wife wants to set up a camera to record the wildlife.

Thanks for the tip. We were hoping to have a fox make himself at home in our back yard and control some of our garden pests. My wife wants to set up a camera to record the wildlife.
We have a female fox and a Pine Marten near our cottage that have taken up residence. I did not see one single chipmunk or squirrel last year. 😥 Still have quite a few field mice though.

Your opinion may change once you experience the calls of a female fox in heat during the middle of the night. Yikes! It's a bit of a shock the first time you hear it because your instinct is to call 911 and report an assault or domestic incident.

We had a fox in the field behind the house for a while. When he was out and about, I knew there were no coyotes or other significant predators in the area at the time. We haven't see him in a while though. I know where their populations are high they can be pests, but around here they're an unusual and welcome sight.

I'm on 10 acres (now 5 our Son built on 5) and about 8 years ago the most majestic red fox I've ever seen spent 20 minutes crossing the back field. Kathy and I stopped every thing we we doing just to watch her. It was almost 2' at the shoulders and had really long deep red hair. About a 15 MPH wind rippled it's coat. A truly beautiful animal.

Thanks to some old friends that come back into your life after 20+ years. I got back into Snowmobiles. I purchased one for my boys and one for me. What a blast! These new sleds are quite something and nothing like they used to be back in the 80s and 90s. the view is from North Idaho looking into Montana.

Thanks to some old friends that come back into your life after 20+ years. I got back into Snowmobiles. I purchased one for my boys and one for me. What a blast! These new sleds are quite something and nothing like they used to be back in the 80s and 90s. the view is from North Idaho looking into Montana.

That looks like good fun. The thing I miss the most about moving from MN to AZ is the snowmobiling.

Thanks to some old friends that come back into your life after 20+ years. I got back into Snowmobiles. I purchased one for my boys and one for me.
Good to hear from you Mike, and that you are still enjoying time with your family. Those sure don't look like snowmobiles I remember seeing and hearing. Thanks for posting here.

Most Florida deer are fairly small and since 1986 I have only seen 2 or 3 Bucks. One was on a ridge and had a huge rack. It was so unusual I stopped the car to look. I did see a huge doe while walking when Richard was little. It's butt looked 2' across! I asked a Fish and Game guy about it and he said in the 70's Florida imported some big deer to try to improve the local population. Once in a while you will see a unusually large one. The deer with the most/biggest rack I have heard about here was a 14 point. The brother of the guy who hooked up a fuse box panel for me was Bass fishing and it was swimming across a lake. He took his anchor rope and lassoed it and run the boat till it drowned then took it home to eat..

We've seen our fox regularly touring our back yard. He marks some territory and then relaxes by the compost behind our shed. Today he got himself a bunny, had breakfast, buried half of what was left and took the back half with him. Last week we saw him meet the neighbor's cat and they both kept their distance. I suspect that they've known about each other for some time.
I took the picture through the window screen, so the resolution is rubbish.
JGRQ6rSl.jpg

so last pineapple in my crop this year. forgot about this one in the back...no critters got to it so full yellow ripe....for anyone who's never seen a full plant ripened pineapple this might be interesting to ya. notice the crown is bent upwards. the stalk had fallen over horizontal to the ground from the weight of the fruit and the crown grew upwards to catch rain water.......

20220820_102415.jpg

Looking at the pineapple made me realize it's time to put in a garden at my house. The best piece of fruit I ever ate was a peach I watched fall from the tree at Kathy's dad's home in West Virginia. Fresh picked ripe veggies and fruit just can't be found in a store. I once had cauliflower right out of the field here in Florida and it tasted amazing almost like cashews on the way home in the truck but hours later got slightly bitter and like every other one I have had. The rewards of growing your own are high..

so last pineapple in my crop this year. forgot about this one in the back...no critters got to it so full yellow ripe....for anyone who's never seen a full plant ripened pineapple this might be interesting to ya. notice the crown is bent upwards. the stalk had fallen over horizontal to the ground from the weight of the fruit and the crown grew upwards to catch rain water.......

View attachment 1906025
iu

Back