The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

Guys I just wanted to pay my respects to David Martin. I’m just getting back into the forum after being gone for a long time. I stumbled across the thread if his passing. I wanted to say he was a great guy.

I truest hope this post isn’t out of line.

I'm in Broward County. I think the worst is over for us. A tornado came through my town last night but it wasn't a strong one. I've lived through Andrew and every hurricane since then. Prayers for those in the storm's path. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Yeah, hurricanes are no bueno. I lived in south Florida for 10 years, and also went through Andrew. It took a coupe of years for things to really get back to normal. Hopefully this one peters out and everyone will be OK.

It's 11:00 on Wednesday night and fortunately it shifted south from me..But David and Cindy got hit. They decided to ride it out and lost power about 2:00 this afternoon. Water is almost to the garage door in the front and rising fast in the back. The worst of the wind passed close by but not a direct hit. I'm 20 miles west of Ocala and right now it's 40-50 MPH gusts but I still have power. I use a C-Pap (David does too) so I'm hoping it doesn't go out while I'm asleep. David has got a generator running to run his and a fan since he has no airconditing. Tampabay dodged a deadly bullet this time guys. If Ian had come directly into Tampa the death toll would have been extreme besides billions in property damage. In a storm like this..so big and powerful..heavy rain and flooding will be more dangerous than the wind bad as it is/was. 150MPH on landing and STILL ever a 100 MPH 10 hours later!! I'm grateful I missed the worst but I truly feel sorry for those directly in the path of this historic storm..

My family and I have enjoyed over 20 summer vacations in various locations on Ft.Myers Beach. It's horrible to see the suffering the storm has inflicted on this area. I pray real estate is the only casualty from this disaster.

I'm a bit concerned for Jesse ( jbmonkey jbmonkey ). Don't know if he's in the direct path or not but he's certainly not in the safest spot at the moment.

I'll be watching from afar and wishing good luck to all of you down there.
thanks Jeff. I missed the storm..in vegas on business..but it did rain yesterday and i got wet. it's a mess back home from what I'm hearing. mostly minor wind damage and massive flood damage.

airport closed and my flight got canceled. been fighting to get home. I finally got a broken up much longer bunch of flights to get home. needless to say my wife ain't happy with me not being there and not coming home faster than i can......

hope all who went through it came out okay......

well I lost most of sugar cane this year from the storm. most got blown over and some snapped clean. I'm still pulling debris from it to see what can be salvaged. to give y'all an idear of how much water..here's bridge normally about 15 feet give or take from bottom to river top and now......

20221002_185706.jpg20210124_170341.jpg
rivers so high its backflowing into the spring...the dam drop out in second pic......I couldn't get to same place to take pic as its completely underwater.

another.....further down river north from there.....
20221002_184321_compress96.jpg
rivers on far end of tennis courts. that wood walkway is about 2 feet above the ground and normally high and dry.

spring pic used to be clear water and dry far side with a beach. all under water from the river.....at the far end. river flows south to north and dumps in major river that flows north to jax and dumps in the Atlantic.20221002_182159.jpg

we didn't get it that bad either......folks down southwest coast took a complete beating. it won't come.back fast if at all. they all need our prayers and help.

well I lost most of sugar cane this year from the storm. most got blown over and some snapped clean. I'm still pulling debris from it to see what can be salvaged. to give y'all an idear of how much water..here's bridge normally about 15 feet give or take from bottom to river top and now......

View attachment 1947519View attachment 1947520
rivers so high its backflowing into the spring...the dam drop out in second pic......I couldn't get to same place to take pic as its completely underwater.

another.....further down river north from there.....
View attachment 1947521
rivers on far end of tennis courts. that wood walkway is about 2 feet above the ground and normally high and dry.

spring pic used to be clear water and dry far side with a beach. all under water from the river.....at the far end. river flows south to north and dumps in major river that flows north to jax and dumps in the Atlantic.View attachment 1947522

we didn't get it that bad either......folks down southwest coast took a complete beating. it won't come.back fast if at all. they all need our prayers and help.
Sorry you lost your cane crop. Are you one of the cane farmers or is it personal use? I recall large cane fields between fort Myers and FP&L plant near Loxahatchee

Sorry you lost your cane crop. Are you one of the cane farmers or is it personal use? I recall large cane fields between fort Myers and FP&L plant near Loxahatchee
naw personal backyard small amount.

Yeah that's along of water.
Storms like that are beyond anything I'm interested in.
.....That and there's too many things down there that want to eat you.😲

It makes you appreciate the ordinary day-to-day life.
Stay strong!

Down here in Florida most of the attention was focused on landfall of Ian..That was incredible! A GIANT tornado basically. But because of the huge ammount of rain that fell all thru central and northern Florida places that have NEVER flooded have and rivers and creeks are at historic flood levels. So many folks had no flood insurance..because it had never flooded before. I really hope the Governor keeps a close eye on the insurance companies and forces them to pay valid claims. Literally tens of thousands of people will be homeless temporarily and many lost their jobs and life savings they invested in their home.

first Buck I've seen round me....came by late last night. doorbell camera caught him
I got mirror tint on the windows so I figure he came up to see the competition....its rut season where I am for fl white tail. he's a young one.....its not a video but a screen shot I posted. so don't bother clicking on the play button......😉

Screenshot_20221011-115938_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back