The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Question regarding K20.1

Nathan, you mention you might make some tweaks. Can you provide any details on what your thoughts are? Might help some of us decide how many of the K20.1 we might order if we already have a couple K20s. Of course we won’t hold you to anything as I’m sure it’s all subject to change. Just curious what kind of adjustments you are considering.

Also, one more thing. You may or may not be aware that some strange fella named Tanto Quantavious sold an acid etched ninja sword with red scales on the forum. Do you suspect those scales were double red micarta?

Thank you

Last edited:
Question regarding K20.1

Nathan, you mention you might make some tweaks. Can you provide any details on what your thoughts are? Might help some of us decide how many of the K20.1 we might order if we already have a couple K20s. Of course we won’t hold you to anything as I’m sure it’s all subject to change. Just curious what kind of adjustments you are considering.

Also, one more thing. You may or may not be aware that some strange fella named Tanto Quantavious sold an acid sketched ninja sword with red scales on the forum. Do you suspect those scales were double red micarta?

Thank you
Scarlett linen

Where would we go to get a sheath made for the K20 ??
Chad and I were chatting the other night, and he mentioned the old “toss a piece of PVC in the wife’s oven and make your own temporary sheath” option. ;) It’s stinky, so do it when she’s not home and air out the house really well afterwards. 🤣

But this is best.

I am thinking up options for making trying to make my own Saya. It won’t be as fancy as the Richard/Yoko ones, but should get the job done.

Question regarding K20.1

Also, one more thing. You may or may not be aware that some strange fella named Tanto Quantavious sold an acid etched ninja sword with red scales on the forum. Do you suspect those scales were double red micarta?

Thank you

Some sort of geometry to better accommodate a "saya".

I might start calling the scabbard a scabbard. I'm not Japanese and this sword is also about as Japanese as a Toyota Tundra...

I might start calling the scabbard a scabbard. I'm not Japanese and this sword is also about as Japanese as a Toyota Tundra...

maybe a carbon fiber composite saya with a pink delrin koiguchi (call it unicorn horn) and a CPK logo in the TRD font...

or is that *too* Japanese?

Is the wood in the K20.1 pre-order the same desert ironwood I am seeing in pics from the first order? Or a different flavor?
I asked Jo this and she said yes, it will probably be desert ironwood.

Amazing! I am currently in talks with some custom woodworkers to make a saya for the one I just ordered.

Nathan, any idea when there will be any more DEK1, FK2, or SDFKs up for grabs. I know you guys are going to be doing a lot of work on these swords in the next year or two, but I am still eagerly waiting for my chance to get my hands on one of your blades I can use on the daily

The DEK1 is not currently slated for production, we recently completed a run and we will not revisit that pattern anytime soon. The field knives are in production now. Those will start shipping to their pre-order within a few months. We're considering doing another run of SDFK and the upcoming steel order which would have us producing those sometime next year.

Back