• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad THE BAD Will Moon

So who exactly was scammed? I'm expecting to see a lot of people who say they paid money up front with no product, but that doesn't seem to be the case. There are a couple of people in this thread who purchased items that were returned, including the OP who didn't actually order a knife and bought it secondhand, then recieved a full refund for a knife he had used for several months. That doesn't sound like dishonorable business practices, that actually sounds like a maker who wants to make their customer happy or whole.

I don't see anyone here who has paid for an item who hasn't recieved it, but I see repeatedly posted that theft or scams have occurred... so it begs the question, who has paid for a knife but hasn't recieved it?

Banning the maker and not allowing responses seems pretty dishonorable to me, especially when a professional reputation and a livelihood is at stake.

Hi Will, nice of you to drop in with yet another brand new account.

When someone like Rob Bixby stands up with information on the positive, you try to drag his name through the mud. Same goes for Tzvy Morias. These are well known collectors and figures in the knife community who have integrity. If anyone on this forum says anything positive, even people in positive, unimpeachable standing, your moderators close their threads and you call them shills. You attack without any rational anyone who offers evidence to contradict you without any evidence of your own.

Why? Because you believe that people might get scammed? If so, what evidence is there of any scams? If it was prevailent you'd think there'd be a myriad of people coming forth, but that's not the case. There hasn't been an actual complaint in this thread of any scams, but yet you insist they're there. Long waits, maybe, but no one paid for anything and then didn't recieve something for their money.

There's also no road to resolution here, no means by which things can be set right. In fact statements made by some of the membership here seem to indicate there is no way this conflict can be resolved. It doesn't matter if there's evidence of positive change, it doesn't matter if a person's livelihood and professional reputation are at stake, you just want to believe whatever it is that you want to believe.

Fuck Will Moon.

If we're being honest, that's a terrible attitude to have about life in general and a terrible way to treat people. I know for a fact there are people who do not renew their paid memberships on Bladeforums because of the way people on these boards conduct themselves. A lot of people. Bladeforums is losing a lot of potential income because of the way people are treated here.

AKA rootbeer1, Will Moon again. He comes and he goes, he lies, cheats, and steals. As he himself says, Fuck Will Moon.

Fuck Will Moon.

Just so we're clear, this is the official position of Bladeforums moderators. This runs all the way to the top, and you as a representative of your forum's ownership are actively participating in destorying a person's livelihood and professional reputaion. That's shameful.

Right, Willie. You are the only one destroying your own reputation.

These petty re-registrations just make you look like a dumb kid. You know, the nyah-nyah-nyah type. I am sorry I quoted your ridiculous insult. Your saying it was enough.

Pretty sure YOU made that statement dude. Esav just repeated what you said.
Wasting a lot of time trying to defend an indefensible position, go do some grinding.
As usual, your biggest fault...........never admit your screw ups.
'My bad' will heal lots of wounds, sad you just can't bring yourself to say it.
Nothing has changed with you. The last person to come on here letting us know he had a good experience with your customer service also sent the knife he bought from you back.......it was a mess!! He never brought that up in a public forum, he was concerned for your livelihood.
Just for the record......the knife he received was rubbing one liner and couldn't be centered. He sent it back and got a refund. This was 2 weeks ago. Nothing has changed.......especially your entitled me me me attitude.
Joe

And as a man of my word, I gave him a full refund for the knife with no questions asked. But you see, that's funny to me, because this was the knife he purchased before it left my shop, and well... as you can see, it's perfectly centered, nor did it rub, and after I then found another customer for the knife it was not returned and I was told it was perfect...

I don't question my customer's honesty, Joe, I question your honesty.

But you wouldn't know how I conduct my business, Joe Palone, because I looked through my records for the past six years, and wouldn't you know it, we've never done business. Anything you have to say is hearsay. And yet you seem to show up anytime anyone has something to say about me... why is that?

That said I think I've been very clear, I've acknowledged the fact that while I was in school working on knives part time, there have been excessive wait times. Contrary to what some of you might believe, I'm sole authorship, I have been for years. I apologize that I also have been somewhat difficult to reach on email. I've made steps to make sure that's no longer the case. I'm now a full time maker, you can email me virtually any time of day with the exception being Sabbath, I don't work Saturday, and you can reach me on IG or FB. If electronic communication is problematic, I'll give you my cell and my customers can and do call me at all hours of the day. I will spend as much time communicating with them as we need. As my actual customers will tell you, I'm quite easy to talk to.

Last edited:
So, once again, everyone else is nuts and poor poor Will's good name is being sullied for no reason by those bad meanies??
What was wrong with the knife that he sent it back?? Nothing?? Somehow it left your hands messed up. Or did this nut job send back a perfect knife? Seems logical that someone looking forward to owning a knife will send it back in perfect working condition, right??
We are all waiting for you to just stop the bullshit that all this horrible feedback is all lies...........stated by you countless times. According to you, you've never screwed up.

Also, would you like a pat on the back for giving a refund?? Like Chris Rock says........that's shit you're SUPPOSED to do!!

People sometimes have buyer's remorse, or their financial situation changes, or the knife is stylistically not to their liking or the ergonomics may not fit them. I don't really ask questions unless they offer feedback and input, my job is simply to be professional, say "yes sir, that's not a problem, please send the knife back and I'll refund your money". Professionalism is important to me, just like my customers. I know that if I treat my customer well, even if he wants to send back his knife, he may come back to me down the road and try a different model. It pays to be nice to people.

That's what I'm supposed to do, but you tried to make it seem as if I'm not doing a good thing by standing behind my customer. I told you and have told you, I'm not here to harm anyone, I'm here to try and create something. I've made mistakes, I've made people wait for too long and made promises I can't keep. I apologize for that, but better than an apology is not repeating the same behavior. To that end I've made big changes in my business. I'm now full time and I'm not splitting my time between college and knife making. I'm getting progressively better at my craft. I'm self taught so you'll have to forgive the rather steep learning curve. I'm trying to do the absolute best I can each and every day, and it's frustrating seeing my name held in such a negative light.

I would LOVE to do whatever I can do to prove to you that I have changed, but you have to also accept that I've made the changes and we can move forward in mutual benefit. I WANT things to work out between us, I'm sick of all the animosity and I want to have this corrected.

Seeing the way mods treat someone who is it seems is actively trying to fix an issue, I will not be buying a membership.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Seeing the way mods treat someone who is it seems is actively trying to fix an issue, I will not be buying a membership.

Okay Will Moon.

Seriously dude, the fresh accounts and older accounts that have never posted before this thread are so telling.

Last edited:
If Bladeforums was so bad, doesn't matter and has such a bad reputation- Why do you keep registering, posting and getting thrown out?

I'm not will moon... Dont own any of his knives either. Pretty poor taste though to bash someone, and then not let them have a voice. I guess I'll just stick to the other forums and Instagram to buy and trade.

You know, I just got into high end knives about 6 months ago, which I think is when I created my account here. I've come to realise that this community is full of a group of fickle little cunts.

We will surely miss your pertinent and entertaining posts.......beat it tool.

Back