The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

Well, if I was gonna pick a grail Shiro, it would be this one

Love that one as well. I think we can all agree that any of Sergey Shirogorov's full customs and collaborations are lustworthy.

Love that one as well. I think we can all agree that any of Sergey Shirogorov's full customs and collaborations are lustworthy.

True that, Max. The thing of it is, every damn knife out of that shop, be it CD, SE, collaboration, or serial run reflects great design, craftsmanship, and execution. I can pass on some of the bling, frankly, and in some ways the plainer they are the more the beauty of their pure design and workmanship shines through, the two we indicated being great examples of just that.

Last edited:
Once again, this forum leads me further down the rabbit hole. i couldn't resist after seeing all these blades in this thread and broke bag on my first Shirogorov. Not a full custom, but it's a start. Just picked up this 111 in M390 off the for sale section. When I researched it and saw that the blade is 4+", I knew I had to have it.

5f57nr.jpg

Congrats, BFS! That's a beauty. I'm trying very hard not to buy a couple knives in that thread right now. :mad:

Once again, this forum leads me further down the rabbit hole. i couldn't resist after seeing all these blades in this thread and broke bag on my first Shirogorov. Not a full custom, but it's a start. Just picked up this 111 in M390 off the for sale section. When I researched it and saw that the blade is 4+", I knew I had to have it.

5f57nr.jpg

That knife is on my short list of desires. In fact, it's the only non-traditional on that list.

Congrats, BFS! That's a beauty. I'm trying very hard not to buy a couple knives in that thread right now. :mad:

I saw that thread and thought of you and the knife you told me you were looking for. I was gonna send you the link, but was unsure if that would make me friend or foe. For sure, like my buddy JoeP would say, it would make me one of those "shameless enablers!!!" (Joe has never written a sentence without at least three exclamation points ;) .)

Well, if I was gonna pick a grail Shiro, it would be this one
E3a2KgA.jpg

the Tom Mayo/Sergey Shirogorov Russian Dr Death collaboration.

I think I'm going in the other direction, though. My son keeps telling me I shouldn't buy knives I won't carry and use, and while I do carry my three Shiros, I use them damn lightly. I want a Shiro that will be a user for me like my other higher-end work EDCs--Wilson Combat Eagle, KnifeArt large Sebenza 21 CF, and new-to-me Hinderer 3.5" XM18 Spanto. I think a 95 Turtle, used from the secondary market would fit the bill to a T.

Like MaxFactor above, my pic is also leeched, though from the Shirogorov website. I'll gladly take mine down as well if Sergey or the Mods deem it inappropriate. It's certainly not my picture. If I bought a three-thousand-dollar knife I wouldn't need to be bankrupt to be living on the street. My wife would see to that in an instant. :eek:

That is my most wanted, dreamed of, lusted after knife in the world right now!!!! I almost sold my motorcycle to get it and then had to remind myself that it is a knife and I'd be losing my bike. Neverless, I still want it more than anything and am thinking of other ways to come up with the $$$$.

Ha!

It's a stock Neon that will be in my daily carry rotation. I've been wanting to get one for a long time but just couldn't pull the trigger. This will be my first blade in M390 which is pretty cool. I'm kind of hoping it's not appreciably better than some of my other users because then the Hati would launch to the top of my wants list.

Last edited:
The neon is also on my short list and I'd want m390 in it also. But honestly don't know how much I would carry it (I usually carry traditionals but just like the shiro.

I mentioned earlier wanting a 95T for a work EDC user, but the Neon could also fill that role. I find it a very interesting knife. I'm wondering about the grip size and shape, though, as I have a hard time hanging onto a lot of smaller knives with my thick, arthritic mitts. I am a huge fan of M390, but it seems Neons in that steel are somewhat hard to come by.

Nice get on the M390 Neon, K_t. Let us now how it works out for you and, of course, share some pics.

I just recently got my hands on a Neon Lite Bears Edition, 30 made. I'm really torn. I'd love to carry & use it but it's #4 of just 30 made, so feel like I must keep it pristine. But I will say this about it...it's a damn slick little machine. You can really feel, hear & see sheer quality. I think it can be easy to "say" oh just carry it & use it, that's why we have knives. But it's like holding a perfect little diamond...and there's only 30 of those particular diamonds that will ever be made. What to do????? Any and all opinions (and rationalizations) are welcomed.

Last edited:
I just recently got my hands on a Neon Lite Bears Edition, 30 made. I'm really torn. I'd love to carry & use it but it's #4 of just 30 made, so feel like I must keep it pristine. But I will say this about it...it's a damn slick little machine. You can really feel, hear & see sheer quality. I think it can be easy to "say" oh just carry it & use it, that's why we have knives. But it's like holding a perfect little diamond...and there's only 30 of those particular diamonds that will ever be made. What to do????? Any and all opinions (and rationalizations) are welcomed.:rolleyes:

Technically those Bears Club edition Neons are Ultra-Lites. S30V blades, no internal milling, stand-off instead of backspacer.

That's a tough call to make. I'd use it though. If I'm not mistaken, the original idea behind the Ultra-Lite Neon was to make a more affordable Neon for every day use. Heck, there are guys that beat the crap out of the Custom Division Shirogorovs. I suppose it depends on your personal views of value, but I don't see the point in keeping safe queens (for the majority of pocket knives).

Back