The Beer Scout Knife

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Dr. Scott, May 6, 2015.

1. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit

Dec 11, 2014
    Looking forward to it Barry. Thank you sir.:D

2. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Everytime I look at the handle options that cocobolo keeps screaming to me for some reason. I put down a "sure" in the reserve for the chestnut and tortoise shell, changed my mind on the smooth bone since I don't need it. But a nice wood option...stop it cocobolo, stop it!!!

3. kubelik

kubelik

Oct 16, 2013
    oh man ... this would be like my dream knife. guess I know what I'm saving up for next! may have to pass on this round of #73 frame knives, even though I'd love to have one of them too...

4. singin50

singin50

Jan 31, 2012
    Should be a great looking knife! I have one of those 1 of 6 Sunbrite Sheeplifters, from the 2014 Rendezvous, coming in right now. This Beer Scout will be the Trifecta!

I chose the Smooth Ivory bone for the reason many did, just a classic look IMO. Then I chose the Tortoise Shell acrylic as a second, just to own something a bit more different and unique. I wonder which handle will be the most sought after in the end?

5. jrtodd46

jrtodd46 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2014
    My SFO will be the most sought after! Shield will say soda scout and it will have root beer micarta scales.

(The above info is in no way, shape, or form factual. Only a dream that would be awesome!)

6. PythonDR

PythonDR

Sep 20, 2005
    This would be the perfect version for me. (Even better: root beer colored acrylic.)

7. jrtodd46

Jun 14, 2014
    If only I had the capital! Haha

8. singin50

singin50

Jan 31, 2012
    Lol, mine would say "Coca Cola" or "Cola Scout" I've been a serious Coca Cola collector for almost 25 years now!
    image.jpg

9. pertinux

pertinux Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Are you sure it wasn't the other way 'round, GEC's version first, then Evan's making it happen for so many others?

(I'd say, "Correct me if I'm wrong," but there's no danger of that not happening 'round here. :D)

No matter what the order, I'm glad to have jumped on the last of these at GEC's Rendezvous...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... and am excited for everyone else who can now grab a variation of the same. :)

~ P.
    firmly in the Bail Camp

10. draggat

draggat Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    I just hope they have that Tortoise Shell ready to go when the time comes! Second choice.... Dead Skunk!

11. jrtodd46

Jun 14, 2014
    Coca cola is a big part of my family's life.

12. PythonDR

PythonDR

Sep 20, 2005
    Here in the Pacific Northwest we say "pop" - so a "Pop Scout" would be perfect, but I'd settle for "Soda Scout".

13. singin50

singin50

Jan 31, 2012
    Mine too Kyle! "It's The Pause That Refreshes"

Sarah, that is a very pretty one! Love that jiggin and all you have to do is see that bail on the bare end and a longer shield,,,BAM!

14. jrtodd46

Jun 14, 2014
    We run two had stations and up until 5 years ago coca cola was the one vendor that would bend over backwards for ya.

15. Ryouchijtx

Ryouchijtx

Oct 26, 2011
    I feel the exact same way..put down for smooth and sawcut but the grain of well done wood is unbeatable

16. nugun55

nugun55

Nov 21, 2014
    I put in for the ebony and a maybe for the smooth bone. Trouble with smooth bone is, it can be really good or just so so. If it's not really good, I'd just as soon have jigged. JMO

17. esnyx

esnyx

Feb 10, 2014
    Nope, t'was I who created the first sheepsfoot/caplifter combo last June, and had made around another 10 by the time the rendezvous rolled around. ;)

Always love seeing that beer scout, Sarah. What a beautiful piece. :thumbup:

18. pertinux

pertinux Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Aha! Thanks for the clarification, Evan. :)

~ P.

19. Buzzbait

Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    Wow. This thread just made my whole month. I'm in the minority though, as I went right for the gabon ebony.

20. esnyx

esnyx

Feb 10, 2014
    These are definitely my favorite blade combo!