** What you need is a "Fire and Forget" type
Knife Blade ! I remember one in yhe SCI-FI
movie Dune.

------------------
Thats a Good ONE

i assume everyone is aware this site has this forum:
"CommonSense Self Defense - Street Combat
Your place to discuss Knife Fighting and Hand to Hand Combat"

i would like to hear the rationalization for policing the language in this forum when clearly this site as a whole is not PC.

------------------
--steve

May I suggest the "Snipe" It is found all over the world, used late at night with memorable results and never misses!
The makers name?
Maxwell Smart, of course.
wink.gif

i refer to my previous list of knives i chose....can someone give me his/her opinion on that list?
thanx

Black side of the government? Which government? If its ours, can you get us into Area51? There's a rumor we're back engineering some alien cutlery found in the Roswell UFO crash in '49. Like to check it out.....

Black side of the government? Which government? If its ours, can you get us into Area51? There's a rumor we're back engineering some alien cutlery found in the Roswell UFO crash in '49. Like to check it out.....

heyz people.thanx for your suggestions and responses...i finally picked my 4 carry blades.
they are:
Boguszewski's spike
Microtech SOCOM
Masters of Defense ladyhawk
Bud Nealy Aikuchi

Best Offensive and Defensive weapon ....

Body Odor
eek.gif

I have gone running from subway cars when a particularly odoriferous homeless subterranian dweller has occupied a sleeping bench. As far as its defensive capabilities ... well I think any NYers here can concur but Would you touch any of the particularly vile walking urinals with pustuous magot infested boils?? I think not. Snatched my wallet! Screw it you can keep it now. Yup body odor !!
ALex

What a load of B.S
socalled secret agent man getting advice from
the blade forum.....
Now we know what Singapore Black Ops carry on the streets

Talk about descrete

Originally posted by sdesarno:
i assume everyone is aware this site has this forum:
"CommonSense Self Defense - Street Combat
Your place to discuss Knife Fighting and Hand to Hand Combat"

i would like to hear the rationalization for policing the language in this forum when clearly this site as a whole is not PC.

Huh??? Basically you said it already: there are appropriate places for that kind of discussion, several right here on this website; this forum isn't one of them.

I swore off answering tactical questions posted in the general forum a long time ago, and more recently when people started posting them in this forum I've sworn off answering them here. I think most of the people asking are not confused about forum topics at all; I think they are deliberately avoiding the appropriate forums because they don't want replies from people who know what they're talking about. Taking this thread as an example ... it obviously would not have been taken seriously by any of the denizens of CommonSense Self Defense. What would be the point of trolling where you know there aren't any suckers? Not that the troll was very successful in this forum either ... not this time.

-Cougar :{)

Originally posted by Cougar Allen:
Huh??? Basically you said it already: there are appropriate places for that kind of discussion, several right here on this website; this forum isn't one of them.

may i just ask what forum is that under? can't seem to find it.
thanks

Nick
This place is pretty easy to navigate.Why not try looking at the top of the page there you will find all the forum titles.Still with me? OK pick a forum you would like to go to and double click."PRESTO" Now that wasn't to difficult was it?
Bob

For those who might need to use a knife as an offensive weapon the best component is stealth. If one can approach an opponent from behind then even a Swiss Army knife will suffice.

Ben

I work for the black side of Singapore's government too. Can anyone recommend a knife good for getting splinters out of my butt? The Man is sending me on a reallly dangerous mission. It's so secret I can't even tell anyone I'm going. Anyway, there's a high risk of enema (er, uh, that's enemy) splinter activity and I wanna make sure my ass don't get in a (singapore) sling.

------------------
Ouch! Dang, that's sharp!

David

cougar, fair enough, but i don't think i sound so dumb considering you could have had this thread locked or moved to the correct forum if you thought the content didn't belong here.

anyhow i guess who cares...must go back to fondling my knives i got this weekend...

------------------
--steve

Originally posted by sdesarno:
cougar, fair enough, but i don't think i sound so dumb considering you could have had this thread locked or moved to the correct forum if you thought the content didn't belong here.

anyhow i guess who cares...must go back to fondling my knives i got this weekend...

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you sounded dumb ... it was a reasonable question IMHO.

By the way, I can only lock or move threads in my forum, TGBU -- it's a peculiarity of the UBB software that "moderator" appears next to your name everywhere on the website if you're a moderator of any forum on the website. Bladeforums has so many forums and so many moderators it probably seems at times we have more chiefs than indians....
smile.gif

I think I'll go back to fondling my knives too ... sounds like a good plan to me.
smile.gif

-Cougar :{)

My goodness, how very very goofy this thread is! Nick the secret agent man seeks the best "offensive" knife, then after careful study considers the M.O.D LadyHawk, MT Socom,
Emerson Titanium La Griffe, and BM Spike for the same purpose? C'mon, this is not task-specific thinking, the MT is a big utility, the BM is a sleek stilletto, and the MOD and La Griffe are simply absurd as top choices for attacking rather than defending (not that they couldn'tt be used that way, but compare them to a Shrike, say). Someone her is 13 and thinks these knives look cool. Maybe they hire'em young in Singapore . . . .

------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[This message has been edited by fishface (edited 06-06-2000).]

Originally posted by fishface:
My goodness, how very very goofy this thread is! Nick the secret agent man seeks the best "offensive" knife, then after careful study considers the M.O.D LadyHawk, MT Socom,
Emerson Titanium La Griffe, and BM Spike for the same purpose? C'mon, this is not task-specific thinking, the MT is a big utility, the BM is a sleek stilletto, and the MOD and La Griffe are simply absurd as top choices for attacking rather than defending (not that they couldn'tt be used that way, but compare them to a Shrike, say). Someone her is 13 and thinks these knives look cool. Maybe they hire'em young in Singapore . . . .

BM Spike for stabbing
Emerson La Griffe and MOD Ladyhawk for throat slashing
Microtech SOCOM because it looks cool..

Back