The BFC 2007 Canittler Is Completed!!!

I almost forgot, I'm including a copy of the proto image of the knife with the then preliminary etch. Figured it would be a nice little historic link to the knife. Just figured I'd let you know so you don't mistake it for packing paper:eek:

Eric

Yes freezergeezer, and it actually went out in the mail today. Sorry I didn't reply to the e-mail, I'm getting a little forgetful lately:confused::D. I'm slowly whittling through the pile folks, almost halfway through.:thumbup:

Eric

Thnkas Eric, I was just wanting to make sure as I think I gave my old co. address on ordering. And not only do I no longer work for them, they've since moved across town!

Now I just have to try to be be patient (In my book, Patients are a nurses job, and I'm an engineer, not a nurse! ;):D) and hope that ParcelFarce don't sting me for collecting the VAT.

I can't wait to see it!!

Got mine today...WOW this knife is beautiful! My first in Mammoth Ivory too -- I love it!

Also, another nice surprise was that the one Eric sent me was #17 -- same as my BF ring knife from last year. So I have a matching pair! This was totally unexpected, and I'd like to thank Eric for thinking of that detail -- it never would have occurred to me.

Eric, once again thanks -- this was a highly successful process with you at the helm -- thanks to you we got a beautiful knife this year. You have my sincere gratitude for the time, effort, and care you put into this project.

P.S. I know, I know...pics. I'll try to take one tonight and post it. We should start the official 2007 forum knife pics thread too.

P.P.S. Here's the pic:

BFC2007b.jpg

It was an absolute pleasure longbeachguy. I have to be honest, I've just been picking the knives randomly with the numbers facing away from me so as not to show any kind of favoritism and to avoid any arguments over the knife numbers. I had no idea you had #17 last year, what a lucky pick! What are the chances of that happening?!? Glad you like it:thumbup: , and nice pic!

Eric

Uh...yeah. You had to sign up and pay for it before they were ordered. Sorry.

Wow, that is a nice looking knife. I looked at the 2006 knife and noticed the differences. The 2006 has etched on the blade "B.F.C. 2006" in blocked letters. Having a small blade, that was the only thing that would fit. It does have the serial number on the side. The stag on the handles were super.

I like the style of writing for this knife, having 1 of 57 was also a neat thing. The skecthing on the bolsters is OK, not my cup of tea, but not bad. I think they did a good job with the Ivory and I am impressed.

Bottom line Canal Street did a excellent job with both knives. I can't wait to see the new one in person.

Shucks, that's so purty I may have to make a suede pocket case to carry that in instead of just dropping it in my pocket.

Hey Eric!

Where's my purple knife? Huh? Huh?

I'm waiting...........................................;)

TJ

JUDY.jpg

Oh man, (or how to ruin a stunning knife with a color that just does not belong :D)

No. 6 got here safe & sound. It was waiting on the doorstep when I got back from New Year's revelry yesterday.

THanks a lot for doing this Eric. :)

More thoughts soon.

Have they all been shipped yet? I'm just curious when I should start worrying. :D

Thanks for all your efforts Eric!

Sorry folks, I got a little behind due to some last minute holiday travels, but I sent a pile out today, and I have about twelve more to send out tomorrow, which should about wrap it up I think. Everyone should have them by the middle of next week:D. I don't think the clerks at the Post Office like me anymore:( Judy, yours was in today's batch:thumbup:, In the interest of full disclosure, I did send Gus the #2 knife. I didn't think anyone would mind since he deserves, and always refuses, a heck of a lot more than that. We owe this tradition to you Gus, and I thank you for getting the ball rolling:thumbup:

Eric

Back