The Club and Improvised weapons thread (Post your Handy work!)

Scrap metal battle mace you say?

temporary_97.jpg~original

~Chip

Last edited:
I see multiple ways to make a wicked, awesome battle mace... or two.

Oh a made was the first thing I thought of

Drill a hole through one of the teeth, run a replacement chain link through it, hook it onto the end of a chain, and you've got the makings of a vicious flail.

I've thought about a flail as well, I'd do it with steel cable rather than chain though

Actually, thoes would make a great pop up target for a .22

Meh, I've got a bunch of AR500 targets, so that's about the last thing on my list, sorry

This is currently in progress. The head is is 5x4x8 rosewood block. The shaft is a maple 1.5"x36" dowel. Next is sanding the head and shaft. Then hammering brass strips around the head and pinning in place.

4884358b589e9f678eba0f71bf3ab98c.jpg

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

So now im thinking about painting it in circus colors.

Finished, now what do I do with it 😕

8901166a90505d5bb86ea8c8ae311e35.jpg

Fancy rip poker, the handle came from a fireplace poker and all I did was thread about halfway down the handle. Then inserted a steel rod and locktite in place.

7e369ed9b6dac8be0c001186d05951e5.jpg

Found this ornamental head and made handle and son has hanging in his apt.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Fancy rip poker, the handle came from a fireplace poker and all I did was thread about halfway down the handle. Then inserted a steel rod and locktite in place.

7e369ed9b6dac8be0c001186d05951e5.jpg

Looks like a fancy stiletto to me. What kind of steel did you use for the rod? And are you planning on tapering it further?

Wow. Been a while since this thread was updated. Let's see if we can fix that, shall we?

First, something simple.

And now, something not so simple.

Back