The coin thread--post pictures of your traditional knives with a coin

Žan Those Austro-Hungarians look very nice indeed,:thumbup: the Red Sawn Bone is not too bad either:D

Like the old military photo behind the Iskra knife, are they Serb officers from WW 1? Iskra means spark in Russian I seem to remember so it's probably the same in Serbo-Croat.

Thanks, Will

Great picture. Excuse my ignorance, What is the item with the red lanyard?

That's a knife pick, used to assist in opening knives with a very heavy pull. This knife really doesn't need it, but I won the pick from Ken Erickson here on BF awhile back and thought it made a nice addition to the photo.

I like the Hobo coin Phil. :cool: :thumbup:
The engraved bolster on your Erickson is crazy good! What a beautiful adornment. :cool: :thumbup:

Thanks Bob! The engraving is very well done.

Žan Those Austro-Hungarians look very nice indeed,:thumbup: the Red Sawn Bone is not too bad either:D

Like the old military photo behind the Iskra knife, are they Serb officers from WW 1? Iskra means spark in Russian I seem to remember so it's probably the same in Serbo-Croat.

Thanks, Will

Thanks Will, saldy the bone is one of the few nice things on that knife, I'm not much of a fan of it due to the disapointing F&F on it ...

Indeed, "iskra" means spark in Russian, Serbo-Croatian and Slovene. I know there was a company called Iskra in Slovenia in Yugoslav times, as kids we played with their old telephones in kindergarten. I could't find any information about the company making these knives though. I doubt it's the same company, the one I know mainly produced electronics, but a Russian member here told me Russian knives had tang stamps in Ciryllic most of the time, which this one does not (it only says ROSTFREI and ISKRA). The officers pictured are Slovenes (general Maister and his fighters) and two members of a French mission to Lower Styria in the winter 1918/19, but as you noticed they wear Serbian-styled uniforms.

Cheers

Edit: sorry, I thought you were reffering to the Eye Brand knife ... The red saw cut bone sure is a delight. :D

Last edited:
6dfcca1c18e6eea4d2ea09fc79dfeff9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last one, Hungarian mid 1800s Josef Sziraki Sleeveboard Lobster in Pearl with NS fittings.

1MkL499.jpg

lyugkSF.jpg

U6ePPZS.jpg

7qIeDDu.jpg

FOm8Xhk.jpg

GGTJNMZ.jpg

3v8Axl5.jpg

Here's the 2012 Bladeforums' traditional with a 1oz. .999 Silver commemorative round.

lDS8lgeh.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

Mexican $20 piece from my birth year, and the first knife I actually carried regularly, a little Buck I got from Christmas from my father in law years ago.

Last edited:
Back