The Cold Steel Voyager in AUS10 steel is THE BEST knife you can buy for the money...

:)Buck 110.

Comes with a sheath and lifetime warranty, built in USA. Ebony wood scales. Effective hollow grind. Handle can be used to peen objects that may need a brass mallet.

Hollow ground, fine tip for piercing. Heavy enough to use as a hand weight for “air boxing”. :)

What is your "best" knife for 50 bucks then? I want to know, I find this subject very interesting.

Right now, MY best knife for $50, actually a bit under, is the Spyderco Astute. Very well made, thinly ground, and easy to carry and handle. It might not be able to break through concrete or pry open car doors, but it's a nice little EDC knife for the kinds of things I use a knife for. And, important for me, the handle allows me to use different grips comfortably.

If they had kept the original handle shape, or something similar, I'd be inclined to agree. But that handle..no thanks.

You know, I never owned one with that handle, but all the pics I saw made me wonder why the ever came up with that new design. The old one is simply beautiful.

f2cecdf6e94ab25aea1bd678ca9f3023.jpg

I agree. The old one is a looker. It reminds me of a simple espada. I would by one.

Ditto. Have to wait for a used one I guess, and then shell out some big bucks. But I can't afford to do that any more!

The AUS10A Voyager is one that popped up in my Youtube feed. I gave it a try and I am pleasantly surprised how much I like it.

Those Voyagers were replaced with a "normal" metal clip in the mid 1990s.
My favorite Voyager was the 2005/2006 one with the VG1 (solid, not San Mai) blade.
Cool, that's the only complaint I have about the design. Now I have one with the pocket clip gone and one still intact. Great pocket knives otherwise though!:thumbsup:

You know, I never owned one with that handle, but all the pics I saw made me wonder why the ever came up with that new design. The old one is simply beautiful.

f2cecdf6e94ab25aea1bd678ca9f3023.jpg

Yeah, I'm not sure why the triad lock couldn't have been adapted to the original style handles. I guess people like them well enough. I'm just not one of them.

I do see their Broken Skull models are similar to those original Voyagers, but they're all G-10, and I have to admit I'm more of an FRN fan these days.

Ive toyed w buying this knife for a long time still havent gotten one yet the only thing stopping me is the way the handle curves at the back.Does it bother you at all? Not sure why it bothers me maybe only that it looks a bit funny....
You know, it seems to fit my hand really well. I find it to be comfortable. I can certainly understand why some people might not like it and may object to the handle material.

I'm glad you enjoy your Voyager. It's nice that you found the best knife your can buy for the money FOR YOU.

If I were to make a list of the best knives I can buy for the money FOR ME, the Cold Steel Voyager wouldn't be on the first page.

Its cool that we can share differing opinions.
Yeah, I agree with you 100%. It's too bad Twitter doesn't allow "differing opinions" on their "forum." I'm 100% all for Free Speech and people giving their opinions without being censored.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the triad lock couldn't have been adapted to the original style handles. I guess people like them well enough. I'm just not one of them.

I do see their Broken Skull models are similar to those original Voyagers, but they're all G-10, and I have to admit I'm more of an FRN fan these days.
I do believe that Cold Steel's Triad lock is the strongest lock in the industry, and that's another reason that I love the Cold Steel Voyager. The below video is of the Cold Steel SR1 Lite, but the SR1 Lite's Triad lock is the same design as that of the Voyager, albeit the SR1 Lite has a much thicker blade.

Yeah, I agree with you 100%. It's too bad Twitter doesn't allow "differing opinions" on their "forum." I'm 100% all for Free Speech and people giving their opinions without being censored.

There’s a difference between “free speech” and “what is allowed by the owner to be posted on a privately owned forum”.

Take a look at the very top of every single page of this site and you’ll get a reminder of that every single time.

Now, about the voyager... they ai’ght, still not the best you can get for the price range IMO.

Twitter censored you for saying that the Cold Steel Voyager in AUS-10 is the best knife you can buy for the money? o_O

I've decided that I'm going to give my voyager a go this weekend as my carry knife. I still find it a bit comically large and disproportionate, but maybe it will grow on me now that I have taken off the pocket shredding clip and have a plan for a quick and dirty back pocket sheath.

My suspicion is that my CRK and Microtech will be back riding along Monday morning.

Back