The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

What does it take to buy a fiddleback? Impossible to get on Fridays and I finally see the exact kephart I've been waiting for, literally exact, I claim it first, talk to him, ask for paypal addy, and while I'm waiting he sells it out from under me. I was so excited all morning. WTH!!!!

Who ever plucked that from my grasp PLEASE sell it to me. It'll be my first fiddleback and honestly, the one I've been waiting months for. The only reason I got to it first was because another member knew I was looking for it and sent me the heads up. I'm willing to pay a little more and have some nice traditional barlow folders you might like.

PLEASE man. I already called BHK and asked them to refund me for a knife that hadn't shipped yet because I thought I was about to pay for the Kephart.

I can't believe how f-ing pissed off I am. We had clearly exchanged emails and I was waiting for his paypal info when he says "sorry I sold it".

The specific knife is that green dyed maple 1/8" scandi Kephart. If you bought it please get in touch with me, if even to say it's not for sale. This is the first time I've seen this kind of unprofessionalism at the end of a deal here on the forums. I would've NEVER done that to one of my buyers.

Anyway I'm done ranting. If you bought that knife or have another like it, get in touch.

If one has a gripe with someone over a Flea Market post, then please deal with it privately or post it here in this thread. It really does not belong in the Flea Market thread. The Flea Market thread should be treated just like any other sales thread in the Exchange. If one were to post complaints in a sales thread in the Exchange, the mods would move those posts and infractions could be issued.

Sorry. I apologize I'm done. First one was blowing off steam. I just really want the buyer to see it and reach out with some sort of answer. Forgot about this thread.

I saw that, but I've owned enough Kepharts man. Never played with a Bushfinger, it's about time.

It's frustrating I know. Just remember man, not everybody that responds to a sale do so publicly. The whole thing could have been done privately. I see that you responded to the sale well over a half hour after Hasco's sales post. That's ample time for someone to have scored it privately. Just try not to get heated over it. Though it's hard, try to give people the benefit of the doubt; there's some great people in this sub. You'll score bro, give it time.

No you misunderstand. I was clearly first. We had exchanged emails. I was waiting for paypal info from the guy. Every single one of you would be pissed. Particularly if you had been waiting on that specific config for a couple months. I can't even find evidence that there's another like it. I know there's great people here like the guy who gave me the heads up that the knife I wanted finally came up.

But I've done a lot of knife dealing and the bottom line is that I would never do that to a buyer. It's completely unprofessional. Check my feedback if you want to see what kind of guy I am. Also, I never would've guessed how pissed this crap got me. I've missed out on lots of knives in the past but this one really got to me.

Last edited:
If one has a gripe with someone over a Flea Market post, then please deal with it privately or post it here in this thread. It really does not belong in the Flea Market thread. The Flea Market thread should be treated just like any other sales thread in the Exchange. If one were to post complaints in a sales thread in the Exchange, the mods would move those posts and infractions could be issued.

Your 1000 percent right Captain Kirk!

It's not like any other sales thread though. Feedback can't be left on the flea market thread.

No you misunderstand. I was clearly first. We had exchanged emails. I was waiting for paypal info from the guy. Every single one of you would be pissed. Particularly if you had been waiting on that specific config for a couple months. I can't even find evidence that there's another like it. I know there's great people here like the guy who gave me the heads up that the knife I wanted finally came up.

But I've done a lot of knife dealing and the bottom line is that I would never do that to a buyer. It's completely unprofessional. Check my feedback if you want to see what kind of guy I am. Also, I never would've guessed how pissed this crap got me. I've missed out on lots of knives in the past but this one really got to me.

Cassander,

First of all, no one has all the facts here except the seller. Not even you.

Second, I'm sure you're right--we would be very upset if all that happened to us. But that doesn't make spouting off in anger in inappropriate places the right thing to do. You keep ranting about this being "unprofessional" of the seller, but you miss the irony of how unprofessional you are being as a buyer. I've seen you around the traditionals forum too. I assure you this kind of behavior on the exchange would lead to being banned, especially as this is not your first time.

Believe it or not, I and others around here went to bat for you last time--mostly via pm. We did not think you were being treated fairly, but you kept escalating until a moderator DID intervene. No one wants to see that happen again. Take a deep breath. Hug a family member. Grab a drink with a friend. Do a good deed. Build up some good karma. It'll work out....or it won't. Either way, it's just a knife.

Peace,

Michael

I spouted once. And then just tried to get the buyer's attn. I'm done with it. But certainly now everyone is going to add their two cents for a day or two and not let it die. I just went back and read this thread and can't believe how long you beat that dead horse for over a month ago.

I've never had a problem on traditionals. But here there is a real sense that "insiders" will jump on a new guy and let other fellow insiders skate for the same stuff. I didn't call anyone names. Just unprofessional while making a deal. I'm not trying to make a deal now. I've no reason to be professional here.

I I'm not trying to make a deal now. I've no reason to be professional here.

Attacking those who are inclined to defend you is no way to get ahead. Your quote above is the attitude that is causing you troubles. Things didn't go your way, so you feel you have no further responsibility to be professional. You burn bridges. But then, when you decide you want something again, you think you can just swing in and everything is the same.

Burn bridges or no--that is your choice. Just don't pretend like you can use those crossings again without trouble. Burned bridges must be rebuilt, which takes time, or you simply cannot go there anymore.

Michael

Everyone needs to take a step back. Yall are pushing pretty hard on a guy who feels he got screwed. We dont know what happened, i've made deals with Tod a ton and never had an issue. I'm sure, in fact i KNOW theres a valid reason for how things went down. REGARDLESS, i know we like to act like this is OUR forum, however the more we push and push other/and or newer members on things, we're only costing Andy business. Cass only got this upset because, just like us, he's passionate about knives, in paticular FBs. We can all share in that.

A couple of you guys are like a hype posse. All you want to do is quote someone else's comment and jump in with a "yea, you told him boss. I'm one of you guys, right!?!" I don't want to name names but I hope you feel accepted now.

I appreciate those who aren't sucked in by the mob mentality. Man, Andy makes great knives and I really want to find mine so I don't have to keep checking in to this forum anymore.

And save your predictable responses for someone who gives a 💩

Attacking those who are inclined to defend you is no way to get ahead. Your quote above is the attitude that is causing you troubles. Things didn't go your way, so you feel you have no further responsibility to be professional. You burn bridges. But then, when you decide you want something again, you think you can just swing in and everything is the same.

Burn bridges or no--that is your choice. Just don't pretend like you can use those crossings again without trouble. Burned bridges must be rebuilt, which takes time, or you simply cannot go there anymore.

Michael

I appreciate you not jumping in and maybe there was a miscommunication there. I was not attacking you at all. I only meant I don't have to be professional in a non-deal making situation. Just that professionalism is not how most others treat this thread. By "here" I was being very specific.

And trust me, things often don't go my way. But something about this one really got under my skin. I honestly, can't even fully explain it. I'm normally very resistant to my consumerist urges but that knife man...

popcorn_smiley.gif

1/8" scandi Kephart green dyed wood. I tried to get the one last Friday but someone got there first. I guess a shadetree would be cool too. But green dyed maple is first choice. It reminds me of the back of my cello, but green. Also it looks like a forest if that makes sense to anyone. Lime green pinstripes with black liners are also first choice. I can't afford more than one fiddleback and want to wait for the right one cause I'm going to use the hell out of it.

I always check the dealers.

Have you looked at the Big Paw or are you dead set on the kephart. Might be worth calling the shop, there was a killer Big paw with emerald burlap, tapered but it was 5/32nds that did not sell in last weeks batch I think.

I know it can be a PITA trying to get "exactly" what you want lol.

It has been a PITA. I've been looking for a couple months and thought I had it. I'm not making any of this up, THAT knife was my personal top of the pyramid. And the Kephart because that handle looks perfect with the thinner bottom and slightly higher palm swell. Also the blade shape is perfect, not as wide as a bushfinger, more point than a BC but wider and with more of a guard than a KEB. And 1/8" for optimum scandi geometry.

Plus it seems like all the micarta stuff goes to the dealers. The best stuff is always here.

I'm sorry, I did get carried away back there. Could've got the buyer's attn without the other stuff, as I did in my last post, but this...

Are you feeling better about yourself now? jeesh. Are you going to lecture me again now from your soapbox? I could care less about Cassander but hypocrisy should always get poked in the eye.

The OP may choose to handle your absolution but I notice he hasn't yet.

How about we just dig up everyone's first 20 posts and reveal what tools we all were once....

Back