The life of a Case peanut from Day 1

If you had told me this handle
IMG_6792.jpg

would look like this a year later
IMG_7799.jpg

I would have had a hard time believing it.

Beautiful thread, thanks!

Last edited:
Lookin' good, Mark. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Now that the holy 'nut has been your steady edc, can you venture to give it a rating of how it handled all the cutting chores it was put to. How did it do vs what it didn't handle. Give it a rating of % success, or a 1 to 10, or whatever you think.?

The cult wants to know.

Carl.

Nice to see it again Mark.

Is that Fender tweed underneath? If so, which one?

Nope. It's a Marble Max harp amp from FNS Technology, a Dutch company. One 8" speaker, like a classic Champ. It's been my only amp since I moved back to Europe in 2003. Love it. It has a line out, so I can run the signal into the PA for bigger gigs.

-- Mark

Last edited:
Mark peanuts looking good
Doug & Mark you will like this, she looks like she's been through a war but she sounds insane paid $100 for it in 1990
She's from the early 70's
CB8664A4-52FB-41DD-A0DE-297C94415EFC-7055-00000865D66DAA59.jpg

02863B39-3114-41DD-981A-AB4240DF089A-7055-00000865E211E418.jpg

Pete

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be digging though the closet for my Case knives after dinner.

she looks like she's been through a war but she sounds insane paid $100 for it in 1990

Can't you get arrested for such thievery?!

Seriously, that is very nice! I got a great deal on a late 1970s Fender Bassman 70 head/cabinet from a friend of my son. He said it belonged to his grandmother, and he really had no use for it. Sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Lookin' good, Mark. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Now that the holy 'nut has been your steady edc, can you venture to give it a rating of how it handled all the cutting chores it was put to. How did it do vs what it didn't handle. Give it a rating of % success, or a 1 to 10, or whatever you think.?

The cult wants to know.

Carl.

Well, I can't really complain one bit. About the only real-world task it's not up to is cutting a loaf of bread. I can quarter apples with it just fine, and cutting a bagel or larger roll is no problem. I've gone through bunches of zip ties, even some that were pretty hefty, without problem (just lever the pen blade in there and apply steady pressure -- before you know it, pop! no more zip tie). If I'm going in to the woods with the kids, I'll usually bring along something a tad larger to cut up the mushrooms we find, but in a pinch the 'nut works just fine for that too. What else? Cigar trimming, package opening, carving sticks with my boy, whittling some kindling shavings for fire starting, cleaning finger nails. slicing open countless bags of screws in Ikea furniture boxes, scraping gunk out of my harmonicas, cutting kite string and fishing line, opening mail, slicing itchy tags off sweaters for the kids, cutting open mulch bags and twine in the garden, trimming my tomato plants ... and on and on and on.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but this is just a great little pocketknife. I'm no rancher or sailor or tradesman. I work all day on a computer. I have a lovely wife and three little kids -- and for about six weeks now, a puppy. :) I work out and ride a bicycle sometimes for exercise. I read a fair bit, and I play a little music in clubs at night. Just an average Joe. For me, the peanut offers an outstanding combination of size/weight/pocketability and cutting power. Not to mention flair. I admit, I do have a little chip on my shoulder about making do with a knife like this vs. some tanto-pointed 5" car-door stabber.

-- Mark

Last edited:
Great thread just read from start to end.... Now I'm off to the local ace hardware store I called ahead and they have a cv peanut in chestnut brown ( my only peanut is a stainless 1978 stag )

Been following this thread all along and I have to say it is an outstanding one. Demonstrates one of the biggest rewards from having a knife that gets pocketed a lot: You get to see it change and become "yours" over time.

That is a beauty and I look forward to seeing how it looks in a few years.

Will

Mark peanuts looking good
Doug & Mark you will like this, she looks like she's been through a war but she sounds insane paid $100 for it in 1990
CB8664A4-52FB-41DD-A0DE-297C94415EFC-7055-00000865D66DAA59.jpg

02863B39-3114-41DD-981A-AB4240DF089A-7055-00000865E211E418.jpg

Pete

Wow. What model is that? I didn't realize that Marshall did MVs or rocker switches in the early 70s. I have built a few amps based on Marshalls. Jim Marshall did a good thing by copying the Fender Bassman, but using English components. :cheers:

Wow. What model is that? I didn't realize that Marshall did MVs or rocker switches in the early 70s. I have built a few amps based on Marshalls. Jim Marshall did a good thing by copying the Fender Bassman, but using English components. :cheers:

That is AWESOME! I have a 1979 JMP2203 and my fave is my Splawn StreetRod.

Woodrow F. call I sent you a PM, I don't want to take anymore focus off off marks thread, which we all enjoy and inspired by.

Pete

Thought I'd check in with a photo update. Here she is this weekend.

Nut_zps2834bc01.jpg

-- Mark

:cool:

Keep up the good work and work that Case. :thumbup:
Call me crazy, but going by the image, I'd guess, you tend to use the clip more than the pen. :D

Back