The Official Lanyard Thread

IMG_20171127_125410687_02.jpg

halden.doerge halden.doerge The Bugout fob almost fooled me, I thought it was a Mathew Walker. I do like the Turks head on the (guessing) Manix?

Mathew Walker rocks.
27127264109_200e3f00b9_k.jpg

I like the Walker as well. How many loops through are the ones you have there? Bigger than a double Walker by a bit.

Here are my two newest acquisitions with their fresh lanyards. The large 25 Starbenza is the smoothest, freest CRK out-of-box that I've ever experienced. I bought the etched Ti beehive bead from Maverick Workshop especially for it. I'm falling in love with the Half Track, too, and tied it up with an Ultem bead from BF member inspiribomb. I've had both knives on my from the day I acquired each.

I was walking around the other day and kept hearing this tapping sound. I realized that I'd tied up that big bead on the 25 in the perfect spot to bounce off the clip. It's marking it up a bit and I'm trying to decide if I really care as I bought the knife to be an EDC work user. Big change for that one as it had been the seller's safe queen and is now in fairly hard duty. Sebenzas are "workers" after all.

bU9DzTf.jpg

ZlzL1X1.jpg

Nice Inkosis, TheFactor TheFactor , especially the large WC. I'm a huge sucker for fluted Ti and have several Wilson Combats and numerous others of that ilk. They're anodized, no? Not just the lighting? They look very sweet, brother!

Thanks ChazzyP ChazzyP !
Love those Chris Reeves and yes it’s just the lighting as there sporting the stock from the factory finish :thumbsup:

I haven't been over here for a couple weeks, but I got a new-to-me knife today and went into the drawer looking for lanyard and bead inspiration. This ZT0562 seems a really good knife, but with no lanyard hole I was looking at tying something around the back post (there does appear to be adequate clearance) or cinching under the fold of the deep-carry clip. I remembered that when I got my two Ultem beads from @Inspiribomb he had kindly made a nice fob around the polished one. I pulled it onto the clip and it hangs real nicely at the butt of the knife. Sweet. :D

TmcsH74.jpg

N7nik4v.jpg

My knot tying is nonexistent but this bone I found and green line work perfect for me, keeping the knife vertical in my pocket and quick and easy to deploy.20180101_121643.jpg

It didn't take me long to change up the attachment on my 0562. The lanyard didn't really stay put on the clip and I didn't like the look of it anyway. I was really interested in disassembling the unique clip/rear post assembly anyway and discovered an asymmetrical standoff with one end fitting into the clip and the other fitting the empty clip recess. Kinda cool and the lanyard is just right this way.

6RTV7lp.jpg

ilRBkmn.jpg

A few ZTs
mo-LISANBa0q2WWs9xJBW7tZy4hrLtM-A4usQ0Bqg0JkTQD3BBHstg10IBlkPrel-7AsRG4pcde9DHaHYWXOMXLiD9UhCze1fBKL8pHreEQF3a58c3S5NfFGUJw_j7UzJOyIEiBVNPpv-ROOfZzhCaxsC2DUMClLzjF7BRcEdplZehU-grey1e2OqovD2JBoTzU2J8XtICGgcSjeSZ-NQHPuY_AycVPBPF-BA8KyiTdVUwcjla39Hnqw-H1oUTaP8vBfQvZ1vzMj0j_T2OeTHisgB2Z1cm0eySfq_T0yqB4qST6flyexkcJxdXDm8uGCWGJpb82Y5YciWFzeupIBVtqjog4I3RovqkN1vLymPE6r-GWXnuAENfHkeXHhh69mI-1GxLoTAUjByuCSUZ766Z5vg97rFDAnJWsFU8njFnrroFHWmZQvs8mpml2tIjVef1Lt70cPGuMZzyvKRwtgdW-Yxj7dSGwW8wxmqmw7z7xBnJKFHMnaGXzsF3q0E2KQwrkR6NpIgHX3yjO_WwZ72x-R4hF6D17NQPuCEfNDq6ErCq_HzWVo0dSJQ_7E5BUGIdYHgfjO4x_dzKLtrMNr4BIkoi0b4aKijm-qOQzExRihJBVJRQFl8BtX=w1242-h840-no
This is the first lanyard/fob I’ve seen on a ZT301/303. I like it and have been wanting something for mine, but everything seems too flimsy for a beefy knife like that. What knot/weave is that? Also does anyone know if any other examples of the ZT301/2/3 with lanyards so I can get ideas?

Back