The OLD CLOSED Post Your Campsite/gear/knife/hiking/anything Outdoorsy Pic Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks wachulax :) I wish I had gotten shots that better captured how massive these seals were....lot of mass in motion when those things would move!

G'day guys,

Managed to get away this weekend with the misses.

4412369676_b9c1566b41_o.jpg

4411601551_17c2320de5_o.jpg

4412370182_f09aed3e36_o.jpg

4412370680_945f45555d_o.jpg

Travis.

Crappy pictures but I practiced some fuzz this weekend

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01332.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

DSC01340.jpg

DSC01330.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone! New guy to the forum here, just wanted to say that I love this thread! Your pictures are all so great.

I thought I would share a few of my pictures from a somewhat recent overnight hike in the snow and rain. There's no such thing as bad camping weather!

-------------------

Here I am at the side of a little highway - the road to the trail wasn't even open! Oh well, that just meant more hiking. If you look very closely you might see a Ka-Bar strapped to my pack. Didn't feel like bringing an expensive knife on this trip, heh.
58324658.jpg

A little ways in I found this little river and refilled my bottle. The real hike up the mountain would start soon.
26255346.jpg

Here's some pretty typical terrain on the way up. After a few hours of this, there's a nice little sub alpine lake.
61811972.jpg

Nearing my destination now...
73391216.jpg

There's the lake! Looks nice.
27537887.jpg

67316473.jpg

62024944.jpg

16801863.jpg

It was getting late so I didn't take many more pics. Here's one looking out from my little make shift camp in the cliffs above the cold lake chilled air. I slept in a hammock under a tarp... that was a fun 14 hours of pitch black! The sun went down around 6PM and didn't illuminate this valley until about 9AM.
34077137.jpg

When the sun finally returned, I took a picture looking towards the lake from my hammock. Looks like I got a bit of snow that night!
52211925.jpg

-------------------

Overall, it was a good experience, albeit a bit cold. But I blame that on being ill-prepared. It was a totally last minute trip. But for my first time camping in freezing conditions, I think I did alright! It definately reinforced my love of the local wilderness; BC looks amazing during any season. I feel that I'm fortunate for living here.

That's Lindeman lake!!! steep trail but only takes an hour or so to get there.
. Hiked there for 15 yrs. Almost lost my lab through the ice this time of year years ago and had to scramble across that slippery log jam.
Beautiful lake, in the summer you can see 30ft to bottom and aqua blue, 2.5 hrs past the far side goes to Greendrop lake, used to camp there and bring a pack boat for 1 to 3lb rainbows.
No doubt being cold and good job on a first winter backpack.
Weather can change 20 degrees in 20 minutes up there, the valley runs north and channels a mean wind.

take care and maybe see you there since we are neighbours

Brad "the butcher";7956414 said:
. Hiked there for 15 yrs. Almost lost my lab through the ice this time of year years ago and had to scramble across that slippery log jam.
Beautiful lake, in the summer you can see 30ft to bottom and aqua blue, 2.5 hrs past the far side goes to Greendrop lake, used to camp there and bring a pack boat for 1 to 3lb rainbows.
Weather can change 20 degrees in 20 minutes up there, the valley runs north and channels a mean wind.

That it is :)

I like the area so much that I've since hiked to Greendrop and Flora. I didn't like Greendrop that much (mostly because the flats south of the lake were flooded and muddy, souring my mood a bit), but Flora Lake was spectacular. I plan on exploring that entire area this summer, starting with a return trip to Flora - I'll be bringing a fly rod this time!

And in the spirit of the thread, here's a pic from yesterdays hike:

25027101501347164056018.jpg

That's about half way up Elk Mountain. It was clear blue skies when we started (hence my t-shirt), and a snowstorm a few hours up the mountain. We ended up turning around because it would be dangerous to continue without crampons! Gotta love BC.

Brad "the butcher";7956414 said:

WICKED LAKE for fly fishing, but dont leave your truck at the trailhead. Vandalism, break ins, torchings are extremely common

This has to be one of my favorite threads. It makes me wish I had the time to get out more...

This spring & summer I plan on changing that. Maybe then I'd have somethign to contribute to the wilderness forums here... I certainly lurk around here enough.

Last edited:
^ WOW!!! those are very cool

here is a forest pond, shot at 12800 ISO, HI DEF (strong) and post edit color saturation

imgp8228.jpg

Got bored today and made some GB SFA sheaths. The bottom one with the runes isn't finished yet, not quite sure how to finish it yet.

P3250256.jpg

P3250257.jpg

P3250258.jpg

P3250260.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back