The Snarking Dead Season 3 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Balding, Ethan and Moose are also huge fans of Todd's packaging prowess.

yeah, the package Todd sent me would have probably survived the mail truck jumping off a cliff! I almost had to use my chainsaw to get into it. LOL

Thrill tomars is pretty fast. I love prime but he's quick.

tomar has to be fast and more, to compete...

put a product up on amazon, and AMAZON themselves, will post a product placement to beat your ad. they "always win". so you need more value add.

i would guess, that Tomar inspects all knives shipped to him. he won't send out a blem, unlike Amazon, and he won't restock a "returned knife", like Amazon seems to.

you might save a few dollars, but you aren't going to beat actual service.

Finally slept in my Hennessey for the first time last night, screw you tent! Best sleep I've had in years.

mine has a little rip along one side seam. repairable, but annoying. it's only 5 years old! :)

I think I'm going to get a Hennessey but I have to save a few more bills........have to get the big boy version.

The worst part about being a manager at a Southern BBQ restaurant in Southern California? The 2-3 times a shift I have to deal with this exact dialogue:

"Excuse me, sir? This meat isn't cooked! See? It's all pink!!!"

"Ma'am, that is actually a side effect of the hickory smoke the we use to slow cook all of our meat. I promise you all of our meat is smoked for 10-15 hours and temped as it leaves the smoker to cool. Is this dish going to be okay for you? I'd be happy to set you up with something else from our menu?"

"It's just...It's pink! Is that normal!?!?"

There's no way this happens at BBQ restaurants in the South...

I hate to quote myself, but I worked tonight and literally the second 'issue' I had to go deal with was a table that wasn't convinced that their St. Louis ribs were cooked all the way because of the pink...FML.

Someone stole my beer today.

It was the closest I ever came to threatening anyone with a knife.

Starting on my clip point BK-11 soon and also gotta finnish of the 7 and 2...All I can say is damn, lotta clip points here :). Hope you guys like what I come up with.

Monday morning and another HP server decides it needs some loving care. If you ever get into IT, avoid HP like the plague. Threaten to walk off the job if your CFO forces HP upon you for whatever asinine reason.

Oh...and on the theme of hammocks. I'm going to pick up an Appalachian Hammock for my next one. Handmade in the USA and really great owners.

Monday morning and another HP server decides it needs some loving care. If you ever get into IT, avoid HP like the plague. Threaten to walk off the job if your CFO forces HP upon you for whatever asinine reason.

This is why we called their operating system H/POX.
Shoulda stuck to printers and appliances.
Their smarthubs and management software were ahead of the times.... back in 1994...

-Daizee

mine has a little rip along one side seam. repairable, but annoying. it's only 5 years old! :)

I have the Survivor model GSA compliant. Only used it once in the last year, but I am sold! Not sure how much faith I have in the little strings it hangs from though.

Oh yeah, that's right, micro serrations......

2012-07-09111047.jpg

Moose

What knife is that? I like it. However I don't think I would have any uses for it. I kind of want it just cause it's nice though.

What knife is that? I like it. However I don't think I would have any uses for it. I kind of want it just cause it's nice though.

One of Steve Johnson's custom blades. He's making them out of his shop in Nebraska. Called the Seek, and so far, a pretty cool concept.

Moose

It is nice. I like it. Looks like it would tear through some apple quite nicely! That is what my remora is doing this days. Riding in my wallet for eating apples. It works amazing for that!

It is nice. I like it. Looks like it would tear through some apple quite nicely! That is what my remora is doing this days. Riding in my wallet for eating apples. It works amazing for that!

I got a thread over in General, where me and Steve are taking shots at each other. :D

Moose

Do your review of it yet?

Not yet. I been using it, so far I'm pleased. Time has been a commodity lately.

I plan on putting through its paces this week sometime.

Got my Source water carrier today, Murph. Still had Iraqi sand in the bag. :D

Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back