The Snarking Dead Season 3 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you do realize Tomar's has a storefront on the river site, too, right?

at higher cost..and not Prime eligible, still ships at same Tomars speed. It was a few bucks more that way then direct from Tomar's site.

LOL I'm a bargain-shopper, I never buy anything without checking every site I can find to locate best deal first.

he's quick.

That's what She said!

LOL sorry, I couldn't resist.

Oh well, it will arrive when it arrives... I have enough stuff to do while I wait. I aint done much in the shop, it's about too hot to stay in the shop, I need to move to the lil outbuilding and put in a window unit A/C.

@Trade.
I try not to get excited....but I am very excited about this one. I am already waiting with debit card in hand for the new BK6s and BK1s to arrive.

I love the smell of Hoppes No 9. Makes me think of being a kid and my Dad teaching me how to clean a shotgun.

I chilled with some big trees this weekend. Just got back from a week long trip recently and I'm catching up on Formula 1 and Tour de France DVRs. After that I will post some more pics of my adventures for ya'll.

CIMG2843.jpg

dang eero...thats a purty good size tree! Would make a LOT of toothpicks lol

Rednecks use Hoppes as cologne...attracts redneck wimmins like a corn pile attracts deer! :D

Check this out!

DSC02727.jpg

I'm gonna have to revive that Beckerhead Cars thread!

I want that truck. You posting gratuitous pics of it aint helping any.

I need to find one, would be a good winter project for me and my Dad. I like the '72 chevy front ends the best, but I would take any '67-'72 GM...I can always put a '72 Chevy front-end/grill on it later.

I also want one of those stickers, but I dont think my Drudge deserves a cool sticker. I hate this truck LOL

I love this old truck!
My first rig was a 68.
This 70 runs like a bat out of hell.

I like the older rigs because you can get them running good and maintain them cheaply.
I like newer trucks...I just don't like making a car payment!

350?

I always wanted to build a 383 stroker, but if I rebuilt a 67-72 for a driver I would put a 4.3 vortec V6 in it, LOVE that motor, plenty of power for driving and I got over 20 MPG in both my trucks that had it.

I love your trucks ''patina''. the trucks around here are either reconditioned or REALLY bad rusted..I guess it's your climate up there. I like an old truck that looks old without looking abused or rusted out, yours is a great rig

350?

I always wanted to build a 383 stroker, but if I rebuilt a 67-72 for a driver I would put a 4.3 vortec V6 in it, LOVE that motor, plenty of power for driving and I got over 20 MPG in both my trucks that had it.

Yeah. 350. Auto trans.
Edelbrock performer intake and 4-Barrel.
Headers with a Hedman X-pipe w/ Flowmasters.
4.11 posi rear end.
This thing can really eat up some asphalt when I want it to.
Only gets about 11mpg though. lol

And yes...It could use a good wash....and paint.

Yeah. 350. Auto trans.
Edelbrock performer intake and 4-Barrel.
Headers with a Hedman X-pipe w/ Flowmasters.
4.11 posi rear end.
This thing can really eat up some asphalt when I want it to.
Only gets about 11mpg though. lol

And yes...It could use a good wash....and paint.

When God wants my truck washed, he sends rain. And that looks like original paint, be a shame to repaint it. Then it will be all shiny and you'll be afraid to use it LOL

My Dodge 360 auto gets about 17ish, maybe 19 on the open road if I baby it. If I put my foot in it probably about 10mpg lol

Anyone else still waiting with bated breath on the ''Beckerhead Special'' Tooj mentioned awhile back? I know a certain Ogre who is.

Oh. You missed it. It was that history video/ad-thing... Next special comes up it three years.

Finally slept in my Hennessey for the first time last night, screw you tent! Best sleep I've had in years.

When God wants my truck washed, he sends rain.

It's the rain here in the Great Pacific Northwest that has given it that fine "patina" you speak of.
We get alot of black speckely moss on our rigs if they're not washed regularly.
I blew the motor in it about 10 yrs ago. Let it sit for about 5 yrs without washing it.
Whew! It took alot of work to get it clean again.

Finally slept in my Hennessey for the first time last night, screw you tent! Best sleep I've had in years.

Only way to fly. I'd rather sleep in mine than in bed at home. Did you get the side zip or bottom entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back