The Undauntable Cattle Knife

I found a couple more: Camco (my handle), Imperial, Imperial.
7d2UgVAK

Some day I will find a stockman with a spear blade, Brad.
I have accepted the challenge and I am still looking!!
Just bought this one Charlie, definite Spear on the main and old Valley Forge Cutlery. I will be able to tell more when it arrives next week.
zj6uzc.jpg

Also this old Hammer Brand Cattleman pattern in celluloid, unused in condition.
2ednm05.jpg

2ntv2g7.jpg

That's a nice Cattle knife, Perry!

I'm still looking for a Stockman with a Spear blade. If you find one of those, you will amaze Brad and I, and everyone else!!

I thought that's what the Valley Forge was I posted. I wouldn't call it a Cattleman pattern because it has a pen instead of a punch blade. Please correct me if I'm missing something Charlie or does it need to be more of a serpentine pattern?

Come to think of it, I've never seen a serpentine stockman with a spear as the main either.:abnormal:

It's not the blade configuration, necessarily, Perry, that defines the difference, IMO.
You could buy a Cattle knife in several configurations. Available blades included, Spey, Sheepfoot, Pen, Leather punch, Clip and Spear, and probably some others I haven't listed.
A lot of those were available in the later Stockman knives (mostly Serpentine handles), but rarely a Spear! Almost never!!

I sure could use a cattle knife!

My ideal!

Some stunning examples both new and old!

OOPs- my middle one above is a stockman too. I guess it doesn't much matter what the blades are, as long as there are three and the main one doesn't have an end to itself.
Though I hate it when they switch out the sheepfoot instead of the spay.

I really like the Blish-Mize, Mike!!

The last one is a Schrade Cut Co, right? And..I can't quite tell the maker on the first one.

Is the top one a Winchester, Mike?

Here are 3 nearly identical ones, with only the handles varying.

About 10-11 years old, when GEC was just a gleam in Ken's and Bill's eyes!
Queen Classics, with Winterbottom Bone, Carved Stag Bone, and Burnt Stag!
CattleNew4_zps408f2e43.jpg

Thanks Mr Gev!

One more group for today. One of the few benefits of being old:rolleyes:, is that I was able to round these Cattlemen up:) when they were cheaper than they are today. They are Juniors, at 3 3/8" long, so I will ask a junior question:
Which of these knives are not like the others??:D

CattleNew5_zps82aa2bdd.jpg

They surely came out of the same factory, whichever one it was??

Here is a closeup to help with the clues:

CattleNew6_zps3972d79c.jpg

Lollipops for the correct answers!!;)

That's a hard one. I think the first Ulster and only because it look like the 'K' is farther away from the other letters. Or, has the master blade been swapped out on the second "Ulster"

Junior cattleman?

attachment.php

A hair over 3¼" long, jigged delrin covers, NS liners, stainless blades. MoorMan's was a feed company from IL that my grandfather was a salesman for. Made by Camillus.

I think the second Ulster has had the main blade changed out also.

Dave

I know these aren't cattle pattern knives, but Singin'50 and Charlie stated either they had never seen a spear bladed stockman or that they were very rare.

A couple of examples from Robeson.

Back